R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   noise (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/128309-noise.html)

jinkasama 09-05-2006 03:01 PM

noise

hi i got a fk05 with quantum 2 and xxl receiver( the antenna is cut to half since the antenna has a worn on the middle) ko propo 2343 servo.. i try to try it on. i notice there is a noise everytime i turn the steering. is that what you call glitch?( the noise) and how will you fix this?

thanx for those people who will give advice.

Racingfreak6 09-05-2006 03:09 PM

you are probley just hearing the sound of the servo.They ussually make noise.A glitch is when you are out on the track and your car dose something you dont tell it to do(like turn right through the middle of a left hand turn)..Run the car but take it easy for a few laps and see what happens and if it is a glitch i might be able to help.

jinkasama 09-05-2006 03:15 PM

ok so its just the servo..any idea how to lessen the servo noise? it gets annoying..and would cutting the antenna into half? will it be a problem? i run 75mhz ..

Racingfreak6 09-05-2006 03:52 PM

I am not to sure on how to to quiet it but make sure everything is put togeather right and moves freely with no binding.Also make sure that when you instaled the servo it was in the middle.If you had to adjust steering trim on your controller alot then it could be fighting it.Also make sure your car turns both ways evenly and you dont get alot of steering on way and not the other.cutting the antena will not cause noise it will only lesson the disstance your can travel before your will not be able to pick up radio frequancy. those are some tips that might be able to help you out. :D

Dan the Man 09-05-2006 04:02 PM

If it's a buzzing noise when you have the steering in full lock, you just need to adjust the endpoints of your steering travel.

Of course if that doesn't stop it, I'm not accepting any blame :ha:

Rob Phillips 09-06-2006 12:31 AM

I believe it's a digital servo and they do make a slight humm. If, as suggested above, it's not your end point settings, then it's just a normal sound that digitals make. As far as you antenna is concerned, you should never cut a FM or AM receiver wire. It will cause you to have glitches. The wire is supposed to be a certain length set my the manufacture. I have two XXL rx's that I will sell you for a good deal, if you're interested, PM me. Hope this helps.

duckman996 09-06-2006 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by jinkasama
hi i got a fk05 with quantum 2 and xxl receiver( the antenna is cut to half since the antenna has a worn on the middle) ko propo 2343 servo.. i try to try it on. i notice there is a noise everytime i turn the steering. is that what you call glitch?( the noise) and how will you fix this?

thanx for those people who will give advice.

You can replace the antenna - go to your local hobby shop and get the wire replacement, should not cost more then $3.00.

pinggoy 09-06-2006 01:35 PM

is it hard to replace an antenna??my rs300 receiver has a little worn on the middle. i wanted to replace it