Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no reverse

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default no reverse

I was wondering if someone could give me some advise. I have a rc10 b3 buggy, and for some reason I cannot get it to work properly. I have a futaba a.m. 2 channel receiver (fp-r122je), with futaba ms radio (t2ph) controller.
My problem is when I hook up everything, the buggy does not go in reverse. I switched polarity from negative to positive and the motor turns both ways, I tryed switching crystals around and nothing seems to work. I even tryed my other airtronics (true touch). I checked my batterys etc, still no sollution.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkgilliam1
I was wondering if someone could give me some advise. I have a rc10 b3 buggy, and for some reason I cannot get it to work properly. I have a futaba a.m. 2 channel receiver (fp-r122je), with futaba ms radio (t2ph) controller.
My problem is when I hook up everything, the buggy does not go in reverse. I switched polarity from negative to positive and the motor turns both ways, I tryed switching crystals around and nothing seems to work. I even tryed my other airtronics (true touch). I checked my batterys etc, still no sollution.

This is the on road forum but that aside...what type of speed control are you using?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

what kind of speed controller do you have? also is your transmitter throttle control switched the right way? give alittle more info.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If radio has EPA (end point adjustment) set to zero you will never get reverse or brake. Also if speed control has reverse capability it has to be programmed to reverse, otherwise just forward and brake are enabled.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

I have 2 airtronics that I have tryed, one is navac, and its orange with these metal things around it that looks like staples. The other one only has a sticker on it that says Tempo 3 sonik with a green arrow and a red box. It also has a button that says true touch, and thats only on the sticker. My radio is a futaba ( digital proportional radio control system ) with throttle and steering controls. thanks two everyones replys, now do anyone think I can get this thing to back-up.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have 2 airtronics that I have tryed, one is navac, and its orange with these metal things around it that looks like staples. The other one only has a sticker on it that says Tempo 3 sonik with a green arrow and a red box. It also has a button that says true touch, and thats only on the sticker. My radio is a futaba ( digital proportional radio control system ) with throttle and steering controls. thanks two everyones replys, now do anyone think I can get this thing to back-up.

cool...just keep in mind that the Novak (speed control) may not have a reverse capabilities.