R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What foams for carpet (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/128169-what-foams-carpet.html)

floodo1 09-04-2006 01:29 PM

What foams for carpet

Same carpet as IIC.

who says what? im leaning towards jaco 2 stage

BSchorr 09-04-2006 01:36 PM

Jaco Stage 2's or..

Jaco Double Pink Orange and Double Pinks. I would use Jaco Purple Oranges and Purples. Mainly cause they tend to last longer, but can be .1-.2 slower depending on ur car's setup

or..

Parma Cyan and Magentas
Parma Plaid and Purples - Wear slower

xtrememadness 09-04-2006 02:14 PM

i run speedmind hybrid 3 front and 35 shore rear. they work just as good as jacos but the rims are indestructable. they wear pretty good. my lap times are a little better than with jacos.

Dodgersfan 09-04-2006 02:46 PM

I'm definately no expert, but if you tend to hit a lot of boards, I'd go with the Parma's. They don't chunk as much. With the Jaco's just hit one board wrong and its Ka-chunk!
Cyan / magenta = super grippy
Plaid / purples last forever

But I think all the fast guys use Jacos...

EAMotorsports 09-04-2006 02:47 PM

If your going to the IIC then there might be a little something different there for sale. :sneaky:

I would start with Jaco 2 stage dble pink Rears Dble pink/orange fronts.

EA

stormperson 09-04-2006 02:51 PM

Check out the new Parma Indigo front's with their standard Magenta rear, compared to a cyan the indigo steers more, is easier to drive and scrubs less, I havent found a level of bite so far that they have not been superior in.

or8ital 09-04-2006 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
i run speedmind hybrid 3 front and 35 shore rear. they work just as good as jacos but the rims are indestructable. they wear pretty good. my lap times are a little better than with jacos.

I run the same. The tires and rim seem to hold up better for me as well versus the other stuff I have tried.

Korey Harbke 09-04-2006 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by stormperson
Check out the new Parma Indigo front's with their standard Magenta rear, compared to a cyan the indigo steers more, is easier to drive and scrubs less, I havent found a level of bite so far that they have not been superior in.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. The indigo fronts are super dialed.

-Korey

BSchorr 09-04-2006 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by stormperson

Does the front wear slower? when i ran cyan and megentas, the fronts would be .5 to 1mm smaller!

Chris08527 09-04-2006 04:33 PM

i dont think you can go wrong with the parma cyan/magenta set-up see some really fast guys at my local track using the indigo/magenta and there cars are silly in the corners
i think the parma wear better then some of the others out there

floodo1 09-04-2006 07:00 PM

thanks for all the suggestions.....now it turns out that i dont need foams afterall :( good thing i didnt buy a chassis set for foams!

stormperson 09-04-2006 07:07 PM

I have never really had issues with the fronts wearing different than the rears, that could come down to car set up possibly. Never will you have all 4 tires starting at lets say 57mm all get to lets say 54mm all at the same time, with camber wear and everything and since the track is never a perfect figure 8 with even left and right corners i normally find that each tire wears a bit different, but not enough to really hurt the handeling of the car, and worst case you might want to reskim them halfway through their life to get everythign squared up again.

With the indigo's you might have to alter your set up a bit, ie take some steering out, but anytime you have the same amount of steering with less physical steering throw you are scrubbing less speed and going to go faster.

Jack Rimer 09-05-2006 07:38 AM

New JACO "Stock tires":
New wheel
Narrow width
Lower profile
Lower price
2-stage
Lighter
Stronger wheel
Improved drivability
Lower lap times

rayhuang 09-05-2006 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree. The indigo fronts are super dialed.

-Korey

OH-Great-now everyone knows about the Parma Indigos-lol

For TC
Parma Cyan or Indigo (some use indigos and CA the edge while they dont CA the Cyan). I run a BMI 350 Xray fk04 and it likes the Indigo fronts, more steering and more corner speed.

Parma Magenta rears

For 12th
For my CRC T-fource

Parma Purple or Violets (19t)

Parma Grey rears

I am going to experiment with more of Parma's 12th compounds like Black front and black rear. My T-fource didnt like Black fronts, but others running the CRC 3.2r run Black fronts.

Ray
p.s. see ya in Vegas!!

schreff 09-05-2006 08:32 AM

Can't agree more with my buddy Mark (Stormperson).

You can't go wrong with Parmas.

The new Indigo is an awesome front tire. It really does make a car easier to drive and turn more at the same time. It makes the car feel like it is on a 2 stage tire even though it's not.

For Medium Bite carpet (Touring)...

Indigo Front/Magenta Rear

For High Bite carpet (Touring)...

Cyan Front/Magenta Rear

The Indigos haven't been out long enough to get true testing on traction surfaces like SnowBirds, IIC, and Indoor Champs. I think they will work well on that type of traction, but only testing will answer that.

Oh ya... the 12th scale rims are really cool too. :sneaky: