Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
JRXS or TC4 or T2 >

JRXS or TC4 or T2

JRXS or TC4 or T2

Old 09-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default JRXS or TC4 or T2

I am going to get a new onroad car and I wonder what would be the best car out of a JRXS, TC4, or an XRAY.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:29 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

What does your lhs carry? All three are great. Associated is going to a belt car. Losi is coming out with a new Jrxs-R.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
What does your lhs carry? All three are great. Associated is going to a belt car. Losi is coming out with a new Jrxs-R.

Ditto. Hold off on the TC4 and wait for the JRXS-R. The Xray is a also very good. I have to say I love my JRXS and can't wait for the Type R to come out. It all comes down to preference. You won't go wrong with any of these choices.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey - I'm pretty much in the same boat as you in choices but I'm also considering the 415.

From what I've heard, the TC4 is a good car but belts are the taking the advange in lowest CG and driveability. Think of the semi-flexible nature of the belts themselves - it allows you to have more throttle control which is key in racing versus a less-forgiving direct link via shaft - not to say anythings is wrong with that. The TC4 can still handle as well as a belt so it comes down to user prefrence. Persoanally, I'm more apt to belt cars because of the smoothness and how obviously one-sided the industry is going towards belts. For instance, AE is coming out with their own belt car which hopefully (crosses fingers) can beat the competition in price - $400+ is a bit much for me. I think it's rumored to be here by the end of the year but who really knows the truth in this game lol.

I used to love the 415 - it basically started this two-belt low cg revolution we are in but Tamiya is also known for expensive parts and constant updates. For some these updates are wonderful but I hate not being bale to stay updated and wonder if one version is better than the other - especially at the price the car and its updates are going for.

The T2 looks great and is my #1 choice now -it's been cleaning up in the races and has the best fit/finish in the industry but the price tag, $400, is still up there but I believe worth it.

Never lied the Losi - I've heard it's a pain to work on - even get the batteries out since they sit in the center of the chassis.

My .02 - hopefully one of us can decided lol
Old 09-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

None of the above. RDX all the way!

Seriously tho, since your avatar shows you living in Vegas, go to the IIC in a few weeks and spectate. You will see every car on the market running there, in all classes, on foam and rubber tires. You will NOT get a better opportunity to observe every car known to man!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

yeah thats a good idea. I can see the the South Coast from my house and I will defintely see wich car looks the best
Old 09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Corally RDX all the way
Old 09-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where do you plan on racing ?

what surface ?
What does your local Store carry ?
what do Local drivers use at your track ( driver input on setups is always helpfull)

Before making your choice ... find out what quirks each car has., See what car suits you the best.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Corally RDX all the way
Just curious, but how is parts availiblity on that car now? I know when it first came out, Florida had most of the parts and not many places otherwise. Has this since changed?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

HotBodies Cyclone!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well i have both the factory team tc4 and the xray t2. i would vote for the t2. haven't tried the jrxs but i loved my old xxx-s.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
Where do you plan on racing ?

what surface ?
What does your local Store carry ?
what do Local drivers use at your track ( driver input on setups is always helpfull)

Before making your choice ... find out what quirks each car has., See what car suits you the best.
+1

Getting advise from others that have raced the chassis locally will really help getting it dialed for the track.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

WHat about the Mi2 EC?

Only even consider a JRXS if you never hit anything, they are temperamental and too delicate. The diff mounts aren't alloy like every other manufacturer so they can break too easily.
One of my mates managed £200 worth of damage on one race day
Having said that they are great if your already a very good clean driver.

Can't comment on the TC4 or T2.

Skiddins
Skiddins
Old 09-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dane
Never liked the Losi - I've heard it's a pain to work on - even get the batteries out since they sit in the center of the chassis.
Actually the JRXS-R in my opinion is the easiest to work on. The Diffs are removable from the top, to install the battery the tray uses two screws to hold it in and my favorite, you can take the motor out with out having to take out the battery. If you time your battery and motor rebuild wrong you can still put in the battery and put the motor in after if you are going to be close to missing your race. All of the other cars have to have the motor in first. There is plenty of room for electronics also. The JRX-R also has aluminum bulk heads that are super strong compared to the old car with plastic ones.

Paul
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM

Well the people that have the JRXS will tell you its the best car and the people with the T2 will tell you its the best car buuuuut, we all do agree on one thing DONT GET THE TC4 LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.