Wiki Posts
Search

MR-4 TC special any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MR-4 TC special any good?

http://www.hobbymania.com.hk/eng/sho...cts.asp?page=2

How is this kit for 150? its in my price range and i know people who run MR-4's. which is why i want one.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The MR4-TC is a good car...but only if you can get parts. I made the mistake of getting what my friends got before, and that really hurt me because i had to order parts because they weren't stocked at my hobby shop. Also, I suggest getting whatever is most popular at your track. It is much easier to get a setup for your car when you have many people to turn to.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

I've heard the newer version 2 of the Special is suppose to be better, but the fact remains of the flaws still hampering the car. The universals are at bad angles, rear belt spins at a higher speed than the front belt, and prone to breaking sooner. And the rear differential screw breaks at the head. On the other hand, you should receive the new silver graphite parts with the car. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

alright, well forget all the parts and stuff i order all my stuff on the internet anyway. But im just talking about this version because i havent heard much about it, i usually hear about the pro, custom or the special edition Yokomo's. How is this particular model? anyone run it? And i will be racing it more with my friends and brother than racing it at the track. Probably won't race it at the track very much more in parking lots where we will make our own track.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I think the Yokomo Special is a fine car and a very competitive platform. It is still one of the most free-flowing cars I have driven, and it carries great corner speed. In a few aspects it is a pain to work on, but it's not terribly bad. If you can order parts online, by all means, go for it.

I'm not familiar with that "RS" kit, though. What are the differences? Anybody know?
Old 01-30-2003, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't remember exactly the RS specs, I know that shocks are plastic, steel trunbuckles instead of ti...

Maybe some guys can tell exactly,
Old 01-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default MR4-TC RS

I read the green label on the kit once in my hobby shop and the main things I can remember are:

Plastic not Graphite for the chassis, uipper deck,arms etc
Plastic shocks
Old 01-30-2003, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

so its kind of like a yokomo special compared to a pro is like a tc-3 racer compared to the factory team. and the special is the racer?e
Old 01-30-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RCracer123
Yes you are right, MR4TC Special ver 2.0 is like a TC3 FT and MR4TC Special RS version is like TC3 Racer.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

.Just like everyone else said ....It's a great car...handels really well out of the box ....but there are so many versions of this TC ..anyways 70% of the cars at the tracks here in Japan are Yokomo's ...but then again if Masami wasn't driving it I think that the % would be lower..
-Dave
Old 01-30-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I've heard the newer version 2 of the Special is suppose to be better, but the fact remains of the flaws still hampering the car. The universals are at bad angles, rear belt spins at a higher speed than the front belt, and prone to breaking sooner. And the rear differential screw breaks at the head. On the other hand, you should receive the new silver graphite parts with the car. Good luck.
The rear belt cannot spin faster than the front belt, else it would skip?!? I don't think its a question if any car is better than the other.

I think give a car to Hirosaka and he could win with it in reason but this mistermina that one car is better than the other should be nullified. There is not much in it between top cars

sanj
Old 01-30-2003, 01:35 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Masami was driving a Special and was just as fast as Surikarn and his 414M2 and everybody else there at the IFMAR worlds. I don't think there is any doubt that the Special is just as competitive as any other tourer out there. I can do just as well with my Special as I can with my Losi or my Evo 3...
Old 01-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

so which would you say is a better car to get yokomo mr4-tc RS special or a TC-3 racer. I don't care about parts ill just order them. Which is a better race car out of the box?
Old 01-30-2003, 01:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Of those two choices, I would take the Yoke.

However, if you are going to spend $150... why not just get a used Yoke with all the Team stuff? It is not difficult to find a Yokomo Worlds or Special used for $150-200. And I think you would get more more value out of that than the RS kit...
Old 01-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.yokomousa.com/newproducts/Clearance.html

Whats the specs on this car? (first one)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.