R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default any one have espierence with HPI drift tires?

Has any one had any expierence at all with these, or know how well they preform? I was looking at the Yokomos, but heard they ware easilly, and dont wanna have to spend $20.00 on replacement rings every week. any insight would be great.
Bizket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use them for the occasional drift blast with my SD-SSG on our local indoor tarmac track in between two runs with my xray on carpet... they seem to last forever, but then again the track is EXTREMELY oily due to it mainly being used by nitro cars. Haven't tried PVC or Yokomo rings, so can't compare, but I'm pretty happy with them so far. What's cool about them is that they're realistic

Hope this helps,
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Tech Addict

We have used them in testing and I like them better then the yokomos because you really had to go in carrying speed which made the experience much more realistic rather then the hard plastic tires which look so fake as you slowly hover sideways. I will admit the Plastic is easier but the HPI's are far more rewarding.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote