Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Brushless 1/10 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for bumping this thread Marcos. It was a good read.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK. There are a million and one brushless debate threads out there and I am not sure where to make this post...and it doesn't warrant a new thread. My comment has to do with Trinity so I am going to post here...

Trinity dominates the stock brushed motor industry. The Monster stock and the the CO27 is/was the motor of choice. Now that brushless is catching fire is Trinity loosing it's grip on this segment of the market? I am not sure what percent of the motor sales were stock motors, but they have been severely beaten to the punch. I have a Novak 13.5 and was just browsing to see when Orion's will be released...September they say. LRPs 13.5 is now on the market and Tekin says they will hit the market soon with theirs along with a brushless ESC. When is Trinity going to release one? Will the market be too saturated with others for them to regain any resemblance of their brushed dominance? I like Trinity but when I look on their site there doesn't seem to be a push to take over the brushless arena like they did or tried to do with brushed motors. I just find it interesting that a major manufacturer like this has not responded to the market like I thought they would. Or do they think brushless stock (13.5) won't catch on? I'd be amazed if it fizzled out. Is Trinity loosing it's market share in modified brushless too? I don't see many Trinity brushless motors out there but then a again I don't run modified. Now that the ESC companies, Novak especially, provide "brushless systems", has the market shifted to the ESC manufacturers leading the pack? Seems that way.

I look at a company like Spektrum . The came out with the 2.4 ghz system that would work with all the top radios on the market. They new it would be a matter of time before these companies would develop there own so they released radio systems (I own one, DX2.0) of their own to try to hold on to their market share. Whether they will or not, I don't know but some one was thinking ahead.

Associated fell into the same trap as Trinity with the TC4 they are now rectifying that mistake with the TC5 (got one one the way ). But they are fighting an uphill battle with all of the touring cars out there. The TC5 is a good product...just not sure if they will regain a top spot as they had before. I see Trinity needing to fight a similar battle if they do not release a great brushless product soon. Novak did a great job hitting the market first with a product that worked well. It's not perfect but it has a huge market share right now. LRP has good product out too. They market is still open, but Trinity, IMO, needs to make a splash...a big one.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Has anyone had any experience with the new DUO 13.5 motor???

How does it compare to others on the market???

...or given that its the same design...does it perform the same as the Orion???

Cheers,

Robbie
Old 03-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xray racer
Has anyone had any experience with the new DUO 13.5 motor???

How does it compare to others on the market???

...or given that its the same design...does it perform the same as the Orion???

Cheers,

Robbie
I have been running the Trinity 13.5 for a few weeks now in an offroad 1/10 buggy. I have been happy with the performance. It’s powerband seems to be real strong in the mid and upper range. That works real well when the track is a bit slippery. I have a stable of 13.5 motors; LRP (Original 14mm rotor version but with sintered rotor), Orion (1st generation), Novak SS and Trinity. I like the LRP the best. The LRP has monster low end punch. I pull wheelies with it in my Losi buggy. None of my other 13.5 motors do that. The Novak has been strong everywhere. It’s probably the most versatile. The Trinity is as I explained above. The original Orion 13.5 only seems to be useful if the track has very low traction but even then I still wouldn’t race with it. It just doesn’t have it, but the Trinity DUO 13.5 has been fast and is a worthy purchase.

The modified Orion and Trinity motors look the same but the current 10.5 and 13.5 motors are vastly different.