Search

Question Please regarding charging battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Question Please regarding charging battery

Hi Guys
I have a Novak Millennium Pro Charger and I want to set it up to charge different types of Cells.
I Have 2400 NI CD, 3300 NI MH, and 3700 NI MH Cells.

Can any of you great guy's tell me what amp to set the charger at for each cell. At the moment i have it set at 5.5 A
Can you help me to set it up for each of the battery
current?
mV?
Pack?
Can I get a setting for each of the above batteries please.
In the instructions it has no info for a recommended setting and I bought this second hand.

Thanks in advance
Addam

Last edited by TRFMAD; 08-26-2006 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well the 5.5 amp charge current you mention will work fine for all 3 of those cells, but you will need to play with the voltage thresholds for the NiMh & NiCd's(5mV per cell works fine for the 3300's & 3700's, but you might try starting at more like 12mV per cell for the 2400's, & if it doesn't feel like it warmed up much after that then you can try edging it up higher, you'll have to experiment a bit). And also I'd reccomend turning trickle charging off(maybe even for the NiCd pack), while it's not a big deal for the 2400's, the NiMh cells really HATE trickle charging after they've already been peaked(they'll overheat quickly if they're already charged & you put a trickle charge to them). As for anything else, you don't really need to worry about it(& you really don't need the NIMh 2 charge mode either, today's sub-C NiMh cells like the NiCd Linear charge mode quite well, same as NiCd's), & if you're confused on anything else or have trouble figuring out how to change things, you might stop by Novak's website( www.teamnovak.com ), they may have the Millenium Pro's owners manual available to download....
Old 08-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks Grizz

Thanks Mate
I owe you a golf lesson if you are ever in Australia.
Best wishes
Addam