Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sorex Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sorex Tires

Most people at my track run Take off tires. Last race most were running rp27s. I have been seeing sorex around the site and was wondering if they were as good? Is the sorex 36rs the same as take offs 36's? I want to get some black dish wheels and mount some tires on there and was just wondering what tires to go with.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

At my local indoor asphalt track Sorex tires (mainly the 36R) are the hands down choice. There is not one Take-Off/RP tire that was come close to the Sorex in performance. The Sorex also have more "good" runs in them then the RP tires which seem to be a one run tire and then they fall off very fast.

FYI, my local track is indoor, unsealed asphalt, and high traction.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
At my local indoor asphalt track Sorex tires (mainly the 36R) are the hands down choice. There is not one Take-Off/RP tire that was come close to the Sorex in performance. The Sorex also have more "good" runs in them then the RP tires which seem to be a one run tire and then they fall off very fast.

FYI, my local track is indoor, unsealed asphalt, and high traction.
I have been racing at SoCal which is also an indoor aspahlt track with high traction. The tire of choice seems to be the Sorex 36R. I have heard some racers say that the RP tires do not last as long as well (as stated by Anthony.L above).

Loren
Old 08-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There are some odd tracks out there where the TO tires are faster but the majority of the time the Sorex tire is the tire to beat. TO has the benefit of being a premount and the handout tire for just about every race (boo) so alot of people gravitate to them lately. Now you can get Sorex premounts from Speedmind so hopefully that will be changing, I doubt it but I can hope
Old 08-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Here in the UK some people consider sorex as a one run tyre, and RP30s seem to be the tyre of choice. I suppose it all depends on the surface and kind of temperatures you're racing on.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Our local track has sorex as the tire of choice. Longer lasting.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Please don't get take off tyres.. they suck!!!!

Trust me they have ruin my first race in my RC career.

Screw those tyres......
Old 08-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tpg racer
Please don't get take off tyres.. they suck!!!!

Trust me they have ruin my first race in my RC career.

Screw those tyres......
or it could be you i love the take offs and they work well out here even at socal raceway..
Old 08-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I dono I might just be me. To me they suck, not even a single grip man.

Sorex is the best so far. I've heard about the new Much More tyres.

Any comment???
Old 08-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

sorex tires are hot.

The premounts by Speedmind work very well.

I also like Pit Shimizu when you could get them. 27's rocked on hot days.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

In Sweden, we have Sorex as controlled tyres for years. Works great, and last long.
In Japan, where they donīt have controlled tires, 100% use Sorex.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard a rumor you could get the the premount sorexs pretty cheap overseas. Anybody know where you can get them online?
Old 08-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've tried the sorex/speedmine premounts, while the tires are very fast, the rims are not very strong. I bought 2 sets when they first came out, in the second heat I clipped a pipe with the right front wheel, I finished the race. After the race I noticed the center of the wheel right behind the nut had bent and the wheel was wobbling very bad. I then checked the rest and two more also wobbled. The speedmine rims seem to be very soft plastic, I'm not a "pro-level" driver but an above average club racer. If you run races with very clean drivers and are a clean driver yourself then maybe it will not be a problem for you, but for me they are just to weak and expensive to be buying a set every week. My .02 cents
Old 08-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll preface this by saying I'm new and I still hit stuff around the track, so...

I've been buying Sorex premounted on Speedmind dish wheels from the LHS and the wheels bend fairly easily. I'm sure they're great if you're a more skilled driver but for me it doesn't take much to come in from a heat with a wobbly wheel. Other wheels, dish or not, certainly seem to be fairly stronger than the Speedminds that the Sorex come mounted on.

I'm definately looking for something else until my skill level comes up. Either different premounts or glue up my own Sorex tires.

Edit: Ironic that "polesitter61" posted the above post while I was writing mine
Old 08-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

They may be using a different rim, or maybe have just lowered their quality. When I used to run rubber on my gas sedan, we used the Sorex with HPI inserts and the Speedmind rims and they were the best out there. Maybe they have changed or are using a different rim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.