2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

What seems to be the TC body of choice at this race?

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fjm9898
i am sorry if there is one but i jsut started to watch the coverage, but i wanted to ask if there is a print out of round 1?
No printout, most races were stopped just short of 5 minutes so listing a overall list wouldn't really tell who was fast.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Go EA Motorsports!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

the live feed is pretty sweet way better than last year
Old 09-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hopefully we can get internet in the track next year. We are able to get it in the rooms but for whatever reason does not work well in the race area. I have not tried it myself but others have had not luck or spotty service. I may try it tomorrow if I got time. I miss havin it at the track for the live chat portion of the race.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody know how the Verizon access is inside the track area? I use one of their EVDO cards for access on the go, and I can share it out the WiFi of my laptop creating a hotspot for people around me. It works amazingly well if there's Verizon signal where I'm at.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Anybody know how the Verizon access is inside the track area? I use one of their EVDO cards for access on the go, and I can share it out the WiFi of my laptop creating a hotspot for people around me. It works amazingly well if there's Verizon signal where I'm at.
I have had no issue with my phone service anywhere in the hotel really. I would imagine that would be a bit pricey for you though wouldn't it?
Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
What seems to be the TC body of choice at this race?

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Protoform DNA and Parma Alpha
Old 09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I have had no issue with my phone service anywhere in the hotel really. I would imagine that would be a bit pricey for you though wouldn't it?
Supposedly it's unlimited. :-D It would violate the AUP, though, so I probably wouldn't want to open it up to the entire world. And, sadly, I'm not in Vegas this year to help out. Surely someone else has one they use for access on the go. It's broadband speeds if you get on the EVDO network.

A lot of you guys with newer phones that support EVDO can use them as modems for an extra charge each month, like $15. You can dial up through them using Bluetooth, or a cable if you've got it. It beats sitting around bored for hours between heats, I'd imagine. :-)
Old 09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by bigair78
I wish they would put the camera on the track instead of the drivers stand.
We will have a second camera during qualifying and racing, and we'll be able to flip between the two to bring you the best action possible.

Hopefully everybody is enjoying what we have so far, we put a lot of thought into it and we're hoping it feels like a step up from last year.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Tech Lord

Yea, definitely a great show this year. You guys really got it right with the audio and video, and especially the scoring, race number/names/classes, etc.

One suggestion, and maybe this would be for the RC Scoring Pro guy. It would be really cool if we could click someone's name, and see a list of their lap times, and possibly their results from other races and classes. It would also be nice if we could click the class at the top of the screen, and see a breakdown of top performers in that class, etc.

I don't mean that as a criticism, what you guys have going on is incredible, and more than adequate. If you're looking for something in the future though, an integrated way to see a breakdown by user and class would be really cool. Maybe even have it include that person's future races, so you can watch them, etc.

Thanks for all the hard work. This week is going to be exciting!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, some of that is definitely stuff I'd like to do. I originally wanted to have everything interlinked, but because I do not have access to all the details of the race software (not my program! haha) it makes it a bit harder. I was going to pick everything up and store it after each race, but those results are unofficial and the officials were not comfortable leaving them out there.

I may be able to toss the lap breakdown in there if I have some time over the next few days. As always we'll keep taking suggestions and making things better and better. The real test will come when we get 300+ logged into this at once, to see if it can keep up the demand. I have another brand new server ready and waiting if it doesn't (the server that will eventually take over database duties here on RC Tech in the near future).
Old 09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
A lot of you guys with newer phones that support EVDO can use them as modems for an extra charge each month, like $15. You can dial up through them using Bluetooth, or a cable if you've got it. It beats sitting around bored for hours between heats, I'd imagine. :-)
Nah, adding EVDO phone-as-modem support with Verizon is still a $59.99/month charge if you use your phone...same charge as with the data card. I just use my phone/laptop with the slower 1x network (144k) over bluetooth; this just uses airtime .
Old 09-21-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Lord

Ouch, I thought phone as modem was cheaper than that! 1xRTT isn't bad for checking email and stuff.

I know during Katrina, some guys made "stomp boxes" which would allow them to share an EVDO card via WiFi, and then setup makeshift Internet cafes for locals and journalists to drop in and get online, blog, whatever. Even with all the destruction, the EVDO network was up immediately. Neat stuff.

And... the NyQuil is kicking in. Damn seasonal colds! Good luck to everybody in Vegas... zzZZzz.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

was the video and the scoreboard not synched? looked like the video was behind by around a minute and a half for me. did anyone else experience that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.