Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
pinon and spur size >

pinon and spur size

pinon and spur size

Old 03-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default pinon and spur size

COME ON GUYS NEED SOME MORE HELP I HAVE HAD ONE GUY HELP ME ANYONE ELSE HAVE THERE OWN IDEAS.PLEASE READ BELOW.

Hi,

Can someone help, I am thinking of running my TRF415 MS in the 19 turn class and my local car club. But I don't no were to start with my rollout/gear ratio.
My 415 has TA05 diffs and I run 48 pitch. So I would be greatful for all the help I can get with my rollout/gear ratio and any other tips you might have about with the 19 turn class.
Also while we are at it what is the best rollout/gear ratio for a stock motor, there are two guys that are lapping all the other guys and won't help anyone.

So please HELP me catch them.

Regards
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

roll out around 30 is a good place to start. Temp the motor after five minutes and ajust from there
Old 03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Its hard to recomend a rollout when you dont know much about the track. But heres how I usualy figure out a new track a roll out of 30 is a good start also keep in mind every motor is slightly different and sometimes can range from a 1 to 2 tooth variance. But the only way to optimize your roll out is to practice and take notes and expieremnt I always find that when I copy someone elses set up I go like crap yes it is a way to get a baseline but what works for one car doesnt always do the same in another.