Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Scotty, Boomer and the crew at Trackside for a great race, they are a class act! I had a lot of fun running at my first Scotty & Crew run race and enjoyed putting rctech names with faces as well as watching and meeting some of the top rc drivers in the world.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the hotel was the best I ever stayed in for the money. the 42" plasma (need to remember to bring the right audio cables next year for my laptop) the beds were nice and comfy. and the oatmeal massage soap in the shower was nice also. it had bumps on it. just hope next year I get a room with better wireless access. but it was cool that you could go wired also. as for being off the strip, did vegas a couple years ago, haven't spent a dime on a table or slot the last 2 years there, and that's fine by me. if you want to visit vegas you really need to do it on monday or tuesday anyway to really enjoy it. make it a proper holiday as they say in europe as it is the international indoor champs!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayman
Here's a divx version of nashrcracer for those that cant view real codec. Thanks for taking the video it was great. Anyone with the video of hara and rheinard?

http://rapidshare.de/files/34601799/PICT3327.avi.html
wow you took a 9meg file and made it 45meg go figure..... ok 20 DLs later I guess people are willing to wait.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Try living at altitude, makes Vegas look like a rain forest......
Don't we all live at altitude...only death valley is below altitude
Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
Don't we all live at altitude...only death valley is below altitude

Actually, I live in a submarine achored at a dock in Long Beach, but it gets kinda humid since it's below sea level.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Hi Everybody!

I had a great time. I didn't stay up all night any of the race nights this time. I lost less money, drank less, slept more and actually had more fun on Sunday Night then last year as I didn't have to drive home.... So Two Thumbs up from me.

I heard about somebodies battery blowing up, haven't had that in a while, heard about the drunk dude stumbling up to the drivers stand, that's a first for mee too. TQ didn't win most of the classes, it's not cool, but it's a change. During mains there were take outs bumps and a few "incidents" to be discussed I'm sure.

I think the hotel was fine, stop whining about the dry air, it's a desert, that's how it is, it's not anyone's fault but Gods, so yell at them for making it a desert... jeez. The AC worked in the rooms like it was supposed too, and I'm sure they can easily fix the race room's ever changing temp issue. Nothing that was wrong can't be fixed is the important thing, and it's still better then racing in the middle of nowhere with nothing else to do but race....... Smash mouth was there, cocktail waitresses were everywhere..... and a cab ride could well..... You know...

EA did you guys ever get all that money back from Mr. Roulette???
Old 09-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hats off to Scotty and Boomer and all the track staff!!!! AWESOME!!

It was simply amazing seeing first hand most of the racers I have read about for years in the mags. actually in action on the track! Not only were we treated to the best in on-road, but at the end of the night, many of the near by offroad guys came to watch the action. Talk about two-for-one deals!!! The free stickers with our names on them were just incredible. As you walked through the pits you were treated to the sounds of so many different languages that after a while you really didn't even notice. Not to mention english in many different accents. After the initial few days I realized I was in a room full of people who are as crazy about toy cars as I am from around the globe. It just made me feel at home or like I belonged in the mix. Part of this is due to Scotty and Boomer and the behind the scenes people. By the end of the race week, and after talking to everybody from Joe Nobody( like me ) to Hara and Gil Jr., I had no problems asking anybody for help!! Try that at the next Formula 1 race if your in it!!!!! Simply put it was like a week long club race with the fastest racers on the planet! Way too cool!! Kudos to the racers and the organizers! Thanks!

Brant
Old 09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After spending most of the weekend watching the races I've told the wifey-poo that I'll be going to the birds this winter... I'm not a threat to qual in the higher mains but I just got to go and experience it for myself....

And then maybe the Vegas race... Who knows....

I would hate to see this race become a lottery race.... This would take away the event...
Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Scotty and Boomer thanks for a great week of racing. My son Austin had the time of his life.He saving his money for next year allready. Thanks Ron Harrison,
Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

pooky

it was great to pit with you and the buys from tennesse. i now know that there are people from the south with teeth.
thanks to scotty and the fellas from trackside for another great event and who knows maybe we'll go upto cheese country for the novak race. from the dry state of arizona (nose bleeds not included) till next year
larry t
Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scotty,Boomer, and all the rest of the crew.......JOB WELL DONE!!!!! Again like always....

One thing people forget to mention is the scoring once again was flawless...THANKS Doug Hay for developing such a great system!....you are the man!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Barry, glad you got $100 for making both mains.

Here is a picture with no pre-race jitters.

Thanks to Toso for running my big sticker on his shirt.

I think after the IIC Paulie is gonna lay a whooping on everybody at Cleveland.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada-dsc_6215-large-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Each person got a sticker kit at sign up with their name on it. If they were a team driver, then the drivers chassis sponsor was on the sticker (see Flack's XRay sticker on his window). If you weren't sponsored, then your countries flag was next to your name.

The sticker on Peter Robinson's car was special for each person that made the 'A' main.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada-dsc_6236-large-.jpg   2006 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas, Nevada-dsc_6239-large-.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tofuburger
pooky

it was great to pit with you and the buys from tennesse. i now know that there are people from the south with teeth.
thanks to scotty and the fellas from trackside for another great event and who knows maybe we'll go upto cheese country for the novak race. from the dry state of arizona (nose bleeds not included) till next year
larry t

Larry--Same to you. Please remember the next time some goober sends my packages to AZ instead of AR where to find me!!! Just in case........anybody here from AK????? LOL

Larry, your my favorite Arizona Asian brother from another mother!!!! Please excuse me while I go brush my teeth.

Brant
aka Pookyhara
Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Well guys we made it home. What an OUTSTANDING week in Vegas. It was sure a pleasure to have all of you join us for what we hope was the best race in the world! It was awsome to meet all of you from around the world and be able to host such an event was an honor. We had some great racing and some of the races in the lower mains were just as exciting as the A mains.

I must again thank all of our sponsors for there support that allows us to put on the IIC. Boomer,John,Jamie and all of my staff for making this happen. And to all the racers who chose to spend there time and money to attend the IIC. We hope that you felt that your money was well spent and that this was how an event was supposed to be.
I also want to give a big thanks to Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro for again being part of the IIC and having the best software for us and helping Shane with the internet work.

I hope you guys enjoyed the Live Internet coverage. This was because of Shane Archer,Jake and Mike. We wanted to bring you the best! latest! and most complete live coverage our industry has ever seen, and I felt we did that. Shane did a wonderful job and I cannot thank him enough. We have plans for bigger and better things for next year so look out!

To address some of the questions:

Entries, as I mentioned at the race, we had too many. This will be taken care of for next year and we will have a limit for each class.

Someone stated that this will be a "TEAM RACE" and that the regular guys wont get in, one answer "NO WAY" Of course we want the team attending, but in noway will they overshadow the regular racers.
Also mentioned is a lottery. I will not do a lottery. We will do it again just like this year. We will open entries on a date that is posted months ahead of time and it will be first come. Now I know that it will fill up very fast and that with the limit we will be placing on the entries not everyone will be able to make it, unfortunatly there will not be much we can do about this.

We thank everyone for all of your support of the IIC and the 2007 IIC will be even better than this years. Congratulations to all of the winners but also to all who attended. We hope you will join us again next year.
Thanks again for everyones support. It was great to have you be a part of the 2006 IIC.
Sincerely,
Scotty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.