Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JR Z590M servo gone crazy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation JR Z590M servo gone crazy

My servo, which took a somewhat rough beating the last race, is now not working. I've removed the case to find that when I turn the car on, the servo just keep spinning in one direction...the motor just keeps going, I have no idea whats wrong with it.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Look at your gears, one of your gears maybe stripped... the servo is trying to center itself, but because the gear has slipped, it cannot center itself... however it keeps trying, that's why the motor is always running
Old 08-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

I checked the geras, they're metal, and none of them are stripped, and doubt it will.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had this same thing today. Take all the gears off and check the little screws that hold the servo motor into the case. Mine were loose and the motor gear was not touching the gear next to it.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

IIRC, regardless if its a 'metal', all JRs have 1 gear thats plastic. could be wrong been a while. check really close. sadly with 590s, its poor in general. send it back to horizon and meanwhile score another type of servo that will serve u much better. u might get lucky and horizon send u a 650 in its place to use as a backup or in another car if u like.

R
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
IIRC, regardless if its a 'metal', all JRs have 1 gear thats plastic. could be wrong been a while. check really close. sadly with 590s, its poor in general. send it back to horizon and meanwhile score another type of servo that will serve u much better. u might get lucky and horizon send u a 650 in its place to use as a backup or in another car if u like.

R
Yup, the first gear off the motor is plastic, the rest are brass.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The 590 is a good entry level servo (its awesome that JR radios come with them for RTRs). Decent performance and a good price, but it has limitations. Longevity is poor. I had a handful of them that I used as throttle servos in my gas truck. They all lasted around a season and then crapped out. I've seen many others that, as they age, get much slower and don't center as well when used for steering duties. Best option is using this time to upgrade to something a little better. If you're racing, you will immediately notice how much better control you can have over your car when the servo actually does what you tell it to.