Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Car Trim Lines : Cut here? >

Car Trim Lines : Cut here?

Car Trim Lines : Cut here?

Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Car Trim Lines : Cut here?

I am working on a new body and am actually putting some time into this one.

I am inquiry into the proper line to cut or which lines the best.

I marked on the outside of the shell the demarkation lines I see and put a strip of tape on the inside so that they may be visible in the picture.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Car Trim Lines : Cut here?-cartrimlines-001-%5B640x480%5D.jpg   Car Trim Lines : Cut here?-cartrimlines-002-%5B640x480%5D.jpg   Car Trim Lines : Cut here?-cartrimlines-003-%5B640x480%5D.jpg   Car Trim Lines : Cut here?-cartrimlines-004-%5B640x480%5D.jpg  
Old 08-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Generally the bottom line is for rubber tires, because they are bigger.. the upper line is for foam tires.. foams ar run smaller, and i belive body height is a little lower as well.. I would start with the lower line, measure your roof hieght, then lower it until you got to the legal height desired..

If your club dousent tech body height slam it as low as you can withut the tires rubbing the fenders..
Old 08-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Remember you cant put lexan back on the body. Start with the lower line on the body, mount on the car and trim from there.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

An easy and foolproof way to get a perfect line without having to worry about the body dragging on the carpet or the body line being uneven with the floor is to set the car at ride height I usualy go 4.5mm with all electronics and battery installed then set the body as low on the chassis as you can by adjusting the body post. Then using a sharppie marker roll it around the car the height of the tip is perfect and allows for some tire wear or if you want to use a lower ride heigh you can......when this is done I take a new tire(foam) that hasnt been cut and set it next to the car and centered with the tires already on the car and trace around it this allows you the needed clearance no matter what size foam tire you run. or if you want before you paint the body do the same as above except you just trace the tires that are on the car for an even tighter clearance but you have to run your tires no bigger then the ones that you had on the car when you traced them .....

Last edited by Jmccormick; 08-19-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks, What about the wing.

The wing has a straight demarkation and a curved. (this is the stratus 3.0)

How do most people cut the wing.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

I have always used the straight line on my wings I usualy race the parma alpha but I did try a stratus 3.0 carpet body and I cut the wing with a small dip (curve) along the back. I believe that there is an inner line and an outer line to the inner line I believe is for roar and IFMAR specs.

Last edited by Jmccormick; 08-19-2006 at 01:07 PM.