Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal? >

Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Are the LRP Neo Brushless motors ROAR legal?

I found out something that has got me wondering. Are the LRP Brushless motors(1,2,3 Star) ROAR legal? I know there has to be a ROAR Representative that reads these threads that can answer this question.The only reason I am asking is because we are having our regional next month, and I would like to be certain that I can run this in my car? I have been hearing that there are not and that is a concern that needs to be taken care of. However, the rules say they are, but the motors came out before the ruling is what I have been told. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, according to the ROAR Approved Motors list, this one is legal for modified:
Associated/Reedy LRP Brushless N.E.O. 1 gray can, black end caps, VTEC 9/19/2005

No idea which NEO they are referring to here. It was a stupid move on LRP's part to rename the NEO models. I "think" they are referring to the original NEO which used to be called the NEO One. It's now called the NEO 3 Star. Can anyone enlighten us?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by James35
Well, according to the ROAR Approved Motors list, this one is legal for modified:
Associated/Reedy LRP Brushless N.E.O. 1 gray can, black end caps, VTEC 9/19/2005

No idea which NEO they are referring to here. It was a stupid move on LRP's part to rename the NEO models. I "think" they are referring to the original NEO which used to be called the NEO One. It's now called the NEO 3 Star. Can anyone enlighten us?
i dont think the new ones are legal
Old 09-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

All of the Reedy Brushless motors are "Neo1", there are just different winds 1*, 2*, 3*, 4* and they are all ROAR legal.

Both Dave Montgomery and Brent Thielke made the A-main in 2wd, 4wd, and truck class at the Modified Off-road nationals just last month using LRP/Reedy brushless systems. They used the 2* in 2wd, the 3* in Truck, and 4* in 4wd.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ROAR approves teardowns for modifieds, not winds....so any of the available winds of the NEO are ROAR legal.....however, if it has a sintered rotor, that is NOT legal and you will be disqualified for using it.....

Later EddieO
Old 09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Tech Legend

Eddie , I`m not for sure , but the new rotor`s in the Neo`s are only keyed to the shaft with the same material and are not sintered rotor`s...

I can check my new Neo to see if you wish....

BDW They are really , really, faster now ....