Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Where does Hohwart go next??? >

Where does Hohwart go next???

Where does Hohwart go next???

Old 08-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flyingm
When you start talking about the early days, I can't resist. I was fortunate enough to watch these guys from the very beginning. Both Rick and Barry were mid teens when they started racing RC cars. Don't know if Rick will remember blowing up a battery pack at the Briggs Cunningham Museum track in SoCal ...it may have been your first race. As with many of the kids from SoCal tracks in the early 80s they were good from the beginning...who knew how good they would eventually be. I sure missed it at first on Tony...he charged his car under the hood of his El Camino at the Ventura RoadRunners track and of course was beating us all none the less in 1/12 scale. He dreamed of racing in the World Championship...I told him those guys were really good! The rest is history.

Glad to see you guys haven't lost anything on the track even with a few grey hairs.

Good luck Rick and Barry!

Gary McAllister
I don't really remember many specific incidents about my racing past. In fact I can barely give a recap of a race I have run the previous day! Next year will be 25 years since I started racing R/C cars.

Oh and there are A LOT of gray hairs.

I am glad to see so many people still involved in the hobby after all these years!
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I don't really remember many specific incidents about my racing past. In fact I can barely give a recap of a race I have run the previous day! Next year will be 25 years since I started racing R/C cars.

Oh and there are A LOT of gray hairs.

I am glad to see so many people still involved in the hobby after all these years!
You do know what they say getting older....You do know what they say getting older...what was that...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's true kat. I'm 36, in fact Barry and I are only like a few weeks apart, and my wife tells me I have the CRS Disease. I know it's something you get as you get older, but I can't remember exactly what it stands for.....lmao.

Umm... what thread are we posting in again???? lol
Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xxxkat
You do know what they say getting older....You do know what they say getting older...what was that...
ha ha

It is not even that kind of memory lapse. It is as if my mind does not record what it is I have done. This applies to an R/C race as well as a race in my full size car.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
ha ha

It is not even that kind of memory lapse. It is as if my mind does not record what it is I have done. This applies to an R/C race as well as a race in my full size car.
And this is why I quit riding sport bikes...I'm the same way... But I'm glad to see you back at Associated working on the Belt car, And running off road again for Associated...
Old 08-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Rick,

Will be able to come out to Competition Hobbies (Tucson) for the IIC warm up race? See if Brent will send out.

E
Old 08-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricF
Rick,

Will be able to come out to Competition Hobbies (Tucson) for the IIC warm up race? See if Brent will send out.

E
I had made other plans (family stuff) for that weekend so it is unlikely that I will be able to make it.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

I checked out your "links" and realy like the two last ones.
Good stuff.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Rick.... good job tonight....that was fun....next time I will run my car at 24 mm ride height so I can get back over the double boards quicker...lol

Once again that was some cool and clean racing.......I think you will be just fine where you ended up...

see ya next week in Tucson if you can make it,

Barry
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jeez Barry, go to bed already!! Good job tonite...thanks for not spending that '$300'.

Fantastic job Rick. Made it look pretty easy. Again, welcome to the team.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:38 AM
TLRacing

So WHO won the Tuesday night Nats?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:42 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
So WHO won the Tuesday night Nats?
Rick did well last night. Won both qualifiers and the main against some tough competition. Not bad for the 1st SIX runs on the car (3 practice, 2 quals, main).
Old 08-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mr. Hohwart did.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Rick.... good job tonight....that was fun....next time I will run my car at 24 mm ride height so I can get back over the double boards quicker...lol

Once again that was some cool and clean racing.......I think you will be just fine where you ended up...

see ya next week in Tucson if you can make it,

Barry
Long day, but fun for sure! I won't make the Tucson race But will probably be back at SoCal next Tuesday. And I want to hit the new Carpet track when it opens.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by PW

That is very interesting.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.