Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why? >

HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why?

HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why?

Old 08-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Also...after completing the test, most of the guys driving Xrays at our local track have sold their Xrays and have begun tring out Cyclones. However since the car has some parts durability issues(weak ball studs, weak dogbones) they have made sure to stock these parts in their spares collection....
Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

The cyclone loves 'attacking' the corners. I have owned the pro4 before and I should say the cyclone drives like the pro4. It's very aggressive in technical sections of the track and it allows you to on-power throttle during cornering. It may be my settings, but I found that other belt cars doesn't allow you to do that...you will need to drive really smoothly in the corners holding half throttle. In short, you can really push the cyclone through corners with confidence.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by diesel
The cyclone loves 'attacking' the corners. I have owned the pro4 before and I should say the cyclone drives like the pro4. It's very aggressive in technical sections of the track and it allows you to on-power throttle during cornering. It may be my settings, but I found that other belt cars doesn't allow you to do that...you will need to drive really smoothly in the corners holding half throttle. In short, you can really push the cyclone through corners with confidence.
And that's the difference!!! And I tried the Cyclone with its stock double one way set up, vs the Xray's multi-diff set to the solid axle, and still the Cyclone was a faster and smoother car...to the point where fellow racers were amazed at how its able to even brake and not get loose in the rear!
Old 08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

One very anoying pblm the Cyclone suffered from was the set screw on the on-way pulley kept getting loose after a few runs. It had to be re-adjusted frequently. Also, the rear diffs do not have dust covers like the Xray labirinth dust covers, and a lot of dust and junk gets in the diffs after 4-5 runs, and it has to be cleaned and rebuilt. Xray does not, since they are basically sealed, and rebuilds can wait weeks and months if needed. One awesome feature of the Xray T2 is the multiflex technology! its awesome. Some times by just adjusting the MTF settings on the top deck or chassis, many of car's pblms were solved, with out having to touch ride height, damping, springs, droop, caster, camber, etc!! It really works!! Overall, the support of Xray and its quality finish and strength of parts is much better than any car's, including the Cyclone. How ever, the kits dont come with sway bars, spool/one way options, included in kit, like the Cyclone and other kits do, which saves big bucks. THe Cyclone is easier to set up and adjust and wrench on, than the T2, since its design and set up is very minimal, open, and simple. Easy access and view/adjustments on every aspect-the Xray, not as easy to adjust as the Cyclone, since its a bit more technical and "luxurious"/exotic than the Cyclone, and more time and attention to detail has to be spent on the car set up. Love the Xray adjustable shocks!!! THe Cyclone stock shocks are very smooth, but its upper cap sucks, and keep getting loose, and shocks leak. At this point, I think that if you want results, meaning if you are looking to immediately move to the A-main, get the Cyclone; however, make sure to have xtra ball studs, dogbones, drive axles, and make sure to get advice on the HB shocks and how to prevent them from getting loose at the top cap(there are very easy solutions that work very well) or just use the Hara HPI PRO 4 Competition shocks.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here is what I have learned on my Cyclone..

1. Put the v2 steel shafts up front, dogbone probs solved... plus try not to hit stuff so much

2. diff screw... put in a an AE screw and nut and your good to go, also limit air time and landings

3. pulleys coming loose... Loctite the set screws and check them as part of normal maintenance

4. shocks leaking.. Mine weap just a lil from under the cap, but nothing too horrible.

5. The car runs great, drive it and have fun.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

YYHAYYIM >>>> YOU GOT PM.............

-Shookie <><