Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why? >

HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why?

HB Cyclone VS Xray T2: Which is better and why?

Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,i would like to fly up sometime when testing is going on.its a hell of alot easier to help out. i think we have everything figured out now.we have been figuring out everything this week i think.so much to do,so little time with vegas around the corner.i want to be able to release the kit in time.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Your guy Goop's stock Cyclone was sick on carpet last week. I'm scared of what will happen when he gets his BMI chassis...
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

yeah,he was telling me it was really awesome.i think he will really like this kit.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Both cars are good at thier own field. our Local track here are asphalt. Out of the box setup, the T2 is good on carpet while the HB is good on aphalt. I have a T2 before. It was fun to drive but i am having problems in setup! The car is very durable and havent broken any parts. The HB is even more fun and easy to drive. setting the car is also easy. the only problem is that i broke an upper deck on my first run! hahhahha...too bad for me! So i think HB is the king of asphalt racing!!
Old 08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I heard the BMI V2 Cyclone going into testing next week is going to be even faster...
Old 08-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The T2 is a beautifully engineered piece for sure, I switched from an RDX and what a pleasure the Xray is to drive and work on, and nearly bulletprooof too. Having said all that, some of the fastest cars in this area on carpet and asphalt are Cyclones. I think the first post hit the nail on the head......the Cyclone is a great car but it has durability issues, I've seen it first hand. If there's a problem with the T2, it's parts cost and the fact that everybody's got one.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by John Tag
I heard the BMI V2 Cyclone going into testing next week is going to be even faster...

Old 08-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pcar951
The T2 is a beautifully engineered piece for sure, I switched from an RDX and what a pleasure the Xray is to drive and work on, and nearly bulletprooof too. Having said all that, some of the fastest cars in this area on carpet and asphalt are Cyclones. I think the first post hit the nail on the head......the Cyclone is a great car but it has durability issues, I've seen it first hand. If there's a problem with the T2, it's parts cost and the fact that everybody's got one.
Durability issues on the Cyclone? I had mine now for about 4 months and only had to replace 1 steering knuckle (knock on wood)
Old 08-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

as a matter of fact I like it so much that Im picking up a second Cyclone on thursday to run on carpet
Old 08-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So the real question is:
Hara Cyclone?
Suri Cyclone?
Black Cyclone?

HMmmm....
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Yes, I agree with Pat... Jason's car did look pretty good and fast. considering he just built it and had no runs on it... the car did look good.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
So the real question is:
Hara Cyclone?
Suri Cyclone?
Black Cyclone?

HMmmm....
Old 08-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have had the t2 since it came out and at times i could get it working really good but come back the next day and the car was terrible. i have recently switched to a cyclone hara edition and on my 2nd battery pack running stock foam have gotten the car to work awesome. the car carries so much cormer speed it is rediculous. this is running the car on med to high bite and had no problems with chassis flex. the car can only get better with a stiffer chassis as this should free up the car on higher bite. i can not say enough things about the cyclone it is an animal on foam carpet.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by goop
i have had the t2 since it came out and at times i could get it working really good but come back the next day and the car was terrible. i have recently switched to a cyclone hara edition and on my 2nd battery pack running stock foam have gotten the car to work awesome. the car carries so much cormer speed it is rediculous. this is running the car on med to high bite and had no problems with chassis flex. the car can only get better with a stiffer chassis as this should free up the car on higher bite. i can not say enough things about the cyclone it is an animal on foam carpet.
Hi goop,

Do you think there is any chance of you posting your carpet set-up on the HB Cyclone thread for your standard cyclone? or maybe sending it to me via PM. Struggling a little to get the car right for foam carpet racing, but on asphalt the thing is dialed.
Cheers
Anthony
Old 08-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The tests we did witht he Cyclone and T2 were with NOvak brushless systems and Orion 4800 Lipos. The Cyclone I tested for nearly 3 weeks, is a bit more fragile than the Xray T2. During those 3 weeks though, the car was the car to beat. Its a very simple car, yet so quick in the infield, and so nimble and well balanced, that the car is super easy to drive- just point and shoot, its alsmost as if on auto pilot. During the 3 weeks, the Cyclone suffered the following damage: rear diff ball bearing discentigrated. Rear camber link ball studs snapped several times. One rear dogbone and 2 front dogbones all bent and one drive axle destroyed. Rear diff melted and had to rebuild several times. During the same 3 weeks of testing, the Xray T2 suffered no damages, exept for a loose bumper screw. However, the Xray T2 was no match for the Cyclone in the infield, even though the Xray was faster than other cars in the infield. THe Cyclone is just a notch faster and has better handling and sterring and speed in the corners- I cant figure out why, but it just does, and its something you'd have to test yourself to belive!! Overall, the Cyclone seems to have been designed for PRO-level drivers, who do not crash often at high speeds, and thus will not suffer so much damage.
'

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.