R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Yok BD vs HB Cyclone vs 415MSX (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/125583-yok-bd-vs-hb-cyclone-vs-415msx.html)

VooDooPH 08-14-2006 10:47 PM

Yok BD vs HB Cyclone vs 415MSX

on a low grip flowing asphalt track... which would you go for and why?

Rogier 08-14-2006 11:33 PM

Go for all, just learn how to setup your car on a low grip track!

BringItOn 08-14-2006 11:57 PM

i owned a 415 and a BD.

i can say without a doubt go the BD. i ran the 415 for about 6months. Then i got the BD, on my first race I was already faster with the BD.

Also the BD the quality is much better. CVAs feel so much smoother. Also it doesnt develop slop as fast as my 415 did.

wagonman72 08-15-2006 12:00 AM

Well right now the HB Cyclone owns US, Japanese, and European Championships as well as the Worlds.

jamie814340 08-15-2006 03:13 AM

Buy an xray t2 they have been really good and have come really good in the worlds and other important events.

Nicadrauspro4 08-15-2006 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by wagonman72
Well right now the HB Cyclone owns US, Japanese, and European Championships as well as the Worlds.

Yeah, Cyclone rules and kicks a$$!

:nod: :tire:

protc3 08-15-2006 03:20 AM

i run the cyclone because it really is a very good car.i have driven almost every car out there and am really happy with the cyclone.it was a toss up for me on the cyclone or msx.they are both extremely good cars.the bd is a nice car but i chose the other 2 for good reason that i really cant explain on the boards.i would run which ever car has good parts support in your area to be honest.

Burlap 08-15-2006 03:23 AM

TT-01

EDIT: TL-01

AngryAsian 08-15-2006 04:41 AM

Oh... that's just cruel.. TL-01!!!

Cyclone - Lots of steering, great corner speed. Easier to handle in mod than a shaft drive. Much more balanced and planted during acceleration. Really strong! I've had the best luck with HPI susp. arms. Very durable!

I hear good things about the BD too.

Local feeback around these parts put the MSX as fairly parts intensive. Lots of broken susp. arms.

But really - They all have their quirks. It's far more important to get one with good local parts support.

TryHard 08-15-2006 05:35 AM

not sure where the 415 suspension arm thing comes from, I've run one (in various guises,, now on an MRE) for over two years, and think I've broken about 4 or 5 arms in total...

AngryAsian 08-15-2006 05:52 AM

Please don't take offense at that. It wasn't meant to be an attack on the car itself. Tamiya engineering is fantastic, as is the parts finish and fit. Beautiful!

That observation was from local racers.. the situation is specific. Like i said, it's not a huge issue that would prevent me from buying the car. All the top cars are roughly equal in performance..

I should explain - the track that they run on is divided with wooden boards. Not sure what kind of track you run on... But this track happens to be viscous on suspension arms. The Tamiya ones have proven to be the worst.

The problem is enough that MSX kits are being offloaded for others (Eg. HPI - even though parts support is not great)...
That pretty dramatic, seeing as a good proportion of the racers were running MSX's! I'm talking about the top runners..

Finally - MSX = Good! like all the other top tourers! They all have quirks.. go get some feedback from your local race scene and see what works for them..

JayL 08-15-2006 09:21 AM

If you arn't a setup god, run what some of the fast guys at your track run...That said I run tamiya MRE

Xrayracer05 08-15-2006 09:28 AM

Go with the Yok BDM, my son ran his first time sunday and was faster than with any other car hes had. running a T2 befor the test. yok is a great car.

mike ivy 08-15-2006 12:34 PM

Id Personaly Go with the Yokomo BD It works in low bite conditions very well

yokomo ezz 08-15-2006 12:46 PM

i have a MR4TCBD CHRIS GRAINGER BRCA EDITION all i will say is what a car!. ive had nearly all the top cars apart from tamiya and it is far far far better than them all :tire: :nod: :tire: