Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default servo horn hitting lipo batt

Hi guys, searched the thread and no one seemed to have this issue. Im using a spektrum servo w/aluminum servo horn. when i put the lipo in the tray, it's very tight and butting up against the horn. Anyone else having this issue ? I tried several of my hard packed lipos and they all butt up right against it. Do i need to get a low profile horn (if there's such a thing) ?? Oh im using the stock battery tray, plastic one.

Last edited by dmakrc; 09-26-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I use the kit horn w/ a Futaba s9551 servo which is one of the few popular servos for TC. I have no issues and at all and haven't seen any "battery hitting servo" issues posted either.

Have you tried using the kit horn or another servo? I would start there.

Originally Posted by dmakrc
Hi guys, searched the thread and no one seemed to have this issue. Im using a spektrum servo w/aluminum servo horn. when i put the lipo in the tray, it's very tight and butting up against the horn. Anyone else having this issue ? I tried several of my hard packed lipos and they all butt up right against it. Do i need to get a low profile horn (if there's such a thing) ?? Oh im using the stock battery tray, plastic one.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say look at the spacing on your servo mounts. You get a couple of spacers that allow you to move the servo forward or backwards. Check this out and see if you can move it further forward.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default horn

Thanks for all the great advice !! I ended up not using the Losi horns and using an aluminum servo horn (futaba) ... had to turn the connector to the horn sideways, which now is interfering w/the turning radius. Anyone else encounter this ?

I guess i can always cut diamond hole in the top plate into a square, dont really want to. Or look for a longer servo horn, which means more $ / wait time on order.

Im using aluminum w/an ACE ds1313 metal gear servo, dun really wana use the stock plastic ones in case it strips the plastic horn.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Flying Fox stuff

Im also looking for some of the Flying Fox stuff if anyone has that they don't want ... PM me.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for all the great advice !! I ended up not using the Losi horns and using an aluminum servo horn (futaba) ... had to turn the connector to the horn sideways, which now is interfering w/the turning radius. Anyone else encounter this ?

I guess i can always cut diamond hole in the top plate into a square, dont really want to. Or look for a longer servo horn, which means more $ / wait time on order.

Im using aluminum w/an ACE ds1313 metal gear servo, dun really wana use the stock plastic ones in case it strips the plastic horn.
Nah the top of the servo horn should be right in the middle of the diamond in the top deck. You should have no problems doing this with the kit servo mounts.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default servo horn

oh i agree. I just wanted an option to use my aluminum horn for reasons already stated.

Jus wondering if anyone else is doing that or is every1 using stock plastic horns ?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If you attach the stock horn with a button head screw it will NOT strip out, I think you're making a lot fo work for yourself. We had at least 10 type-rs running foam smashing into boards with plastic horns.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default horn

hmmm true eh ? jus didnt wana wait the 10 days to order new horns from Losi hahahaha...

either that or break out the dremel !!

Does anyone know any sites where i can order the flyfox stuff ? Their website is outa stock...
Old 09-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Your waiting like a lot of us. Maybe in November we will be able to get our hands on the spool and outdrives.

hmmm true eh ? jus didnt wana wait the 10 days to order new horns from Losi hahahaha...

either that or break out the dremel !!

Does anyone know any sites where i can order the flyfox stuff ? Their website is outa stock...
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Dragonfire--> ran a modified setup of yours tonight on carpet (standard top deck, harder rear springs (no bar), longer rear link) and it was quite nice to drive... :P Will continue to improve it to see how it goes.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Dragonfire--> ran a modified setup of yours tonight on carpet (standard top deck, harder rear springs (no bar), longer rear link) and it was quite nice to drive... :P Will continue to improve it to see how it goes.
You have a carpet track to race on now? Foam or rubber?

I am going down to ACT this weekend for club challenge. Its going to be a carpet/foam weekend although my TC is not the reason I am going. I have thrown a "theoretical" setup n it. If it goes well I will post it up for you.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
You have a carpet track to race on now? Foam or rubber?

I am going down to ACT this weekend for club challenge. Its going to be a carpet/foam weekend although my TC is not the reason I am going. I have thrown a "theoretical" setup n it. If it goes well I will post it up for you.
Always had a carpet track here for a long time. Push-Pin carpet running rubber tyres (no additives). Sweep 24R with Sorex B Med inserts work a treat here. It is a basket ball court sized track, so its pretty tight and windy. Laptimes for 10.5 are around the 11.5-11.9 secs.

I will be trying out the EXOTEK top deck this coming Wednesday night, and will see how it goes.

BTW, has Paul still have any aluminium battery tray holders?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post my setup from the last round of the BRCA nationals this past weekend.
Ed what type pf track do you guys race on?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Fitted my new Exotek top deck last night the deck fitted up spot on but the small carbon screw plates the screw hole seems a bit small and two of them delaminated when I screwed the screw in. One good thing on the top deck is it has adjustable ackaman via another set of holes, will try it out over then next week or two and post on here my results.

Rhys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.