Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Vintage?

What pinion and spur combo's are people running for vintage 4.2-4.6?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey Tory, Do you have a Flying Fox Type-R Milled Layshaft??

..... Or anyone know where I can get one??......... LMK.

Thanks Guys!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Hey Tory, Do you have a Flying Fox Type-R Milled Layshaft??

..... Or anyone know where I can get one??......... LMK.

Thanks Guys!
Last I heard he still had a couple left. More have been sent so if he runs out it will only be for a few days at the most.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Thanks Paul........BTW, great stuff!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Thanks Paul........BTW, great stuff!
Why thankyou
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gwoodrc
What pinion and spur combo's are people running for vintage 4.2-4.6?
I use about 85-86 tooth (48p) spurs and 34-35 tooth pinions for those ratios. I always try to keep the motor as forward as possible.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just a quick mail to introduce myself. Recently switched to a type-R, and will be running this year as part of the Horizon Hobby UK team in the BRCA nationals.

Only built my car this past sunday, got a few things to work, but have already put in an order for the flying fox stuff... hopefully it'll get here for the 15th, as thats our first national round!

Anyway, I'll hopefully be adding my and the teams findings on here, as well as setups etc too my website.. bit sparse at the moment, but haven't had the time yet to sit down and document what we've done to our cars!

Looking forward to the season now
Cheer
Ed
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Welcome Ed!

I've read with interest all you've done for the Tamiya 415/416 community and I'm really looking forward to your contributions to the Type R (or as I like to call it "The most underrated TC on the planet!).

Cheers,
Mike
Old 05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Welcome!

A big change from the blue Tamiya bling, but the hard anodized color of the Losi says it means business.

Wish I were there to see your big grin while you run the Losi for the first time.

Enjoy!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Guys,

Just a quick mail to introduce myself. Recently switched to a type-R, and will be running this year as part of the Horizon Hobby UK team in the BRCA nationals.

Only built my car this past sunday, got a few things to work, but have already put in an order for the flying fox stuff... hopefully it'll get here for the 15th, as thats our first national round!

Anyway, I'll hopefully be adding my and the teams findings on here, as well as setups etc too my website.. bit sparse at the moment, but haven't had the time yet to sit down and document what we've done to our cars!

Cheer
Ed
Welcome Ed. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I have to say its very encouraging to hear Horizon UK are getting behind the car, some people were suggesting the car was being discontinued! I guess this means the Type R has plenty of life left in it.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Welcome Ed!

I've read with interest all you've done for the Tamiya 415/416 community and I'm really looking forward to your contributions to the Type R (or as I like to call it "The most underrated TC on the planet!).

Cheers,
Mike
+1

Rhys
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Guys,

Cheer
Ed
Hey TryHard welcome to the Type R crew. Having driven most touring cars on the market I can assure you that you will love this car. Get your Flying Fox RC parts in and sort your diff and you will be amazed at just how fast this chassis can go.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's funny but I see more people picking up a Type-R recently than ever. I just sold one at my shop the other day and there were three or four of them at the track (one was mine, it was second behind an xray by only a few seconds after being rebuilt at the track).

Setups for the car are all over the place for every condition too, I think i have links to them somewhere i'll post up in a bit.

I also have a domain registered jrxsr.com but i haven't done any work on it after it got hacked. Maybe someone here can help get it up and running again .
Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default I love this car!

I recently ran a purple car, had 2, 1 for 17.5 rubber and 1 for vta. I replaced the rubber car with a type r and was .3 faster my first day at the track.I picked up another car mainly for a parts car, but then decided to give it a shot at vta, now my last vta held the track record and I TQ'd and won the last trophy race with it, I went .5 a lap faster the first day with the type r! Did I mention I love this car.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Hey TryHard welcome to the Type R crew. Having driven most touring cars on the market I can assure you that you will love this car. Get your Flying Fox RC parts in and sort your diff and you will be amazed at just how fast this chassis can go.
Care to elaborate more on the diff side of things?
So far, mine has had sanded+polished plates, ceramic balls, ae thrust greese, schuey diff lube. Also on the list still to do are ceramic thrust balls (losing the cage, and going with 9balls), and running a 3/32“ drill bit through the ball holes to free up the balls a little... Will also be looking at how much material is on the pulley, as at the moment it feels like the pulley is touching the plates a little, so will get rid of that if I can

Otherwise, my car now also has an Urbain style top deck and side posts, and a lightly dremelled LiPo tray to hold my bobbly bottomed cells in better

Got a couple of issues that I munched the outdrives on the epoxied up diff/spool first time out, and some rubbing issues with the centre pulleys (had to ream out the countersinking a little, and sand the face of the pulleys a little)... But both of those should be solved with the FF stuff

Otherwise, car went together pretty well given it was built trackside on sunday/monday... Think total dremel time was only 20mins As for the ontrack performance, did feel pretty good, in all bar two sections... Kept snapping round due coming off power, but I've put this down to a combination of rubbing issues, and running drag brake on the speedo accidently! Otherwise, felt very smooth into the turns, and seemed to rotate suprisingly well. Tbh, didn't get enough clean runs in to form too much of an opinion, but the other cars going round also looked good, and setting competitive times compared to the BTCC times from the day before

Regards
Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.