Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jscamry
Hello guys and gals.

I was wondering what is important when looking for a new rc car to all of you? I have been racing nitro touring for a few years and I decided to try eletric scene for a bit.

At first glance I was leading towards the TC5R, but after looking around this forum I been reading about the Losi JRXS Type-R due to its design. As I have been reading trough this thread I have not seen any major issues that "you" the drivers have been experiecing, but the only issue that stand out to me is the location of the esc (as my driving is not the best yet) has anyone created a guard for the esc which will protect it a bit?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Jason.
Stick em sideway, Bieng diffrent is neat!
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_6966.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello guys and gals.

I was wondering what is important when looking for a new rc car to all of you? I have been racing nitro touring for a few years and I decided to try eletric scene for a bit.

At first glance I was leading towards the TC5R, but after looking around this forum I been reading about the Losi JRXS Type-R due to its design. As I have been reading trough this thread I have not seen any major issues that "you" the drivers have been experiecing, but the only issue that stand out to me is the location of the esc (as my driving is not the best yet) has anyone created a guard for the esc which will protect it a bit?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Jason.
The ESC location is far enough inboard to avoid all my wrecks in VTA for the past two years, compared to the couple nitro pipes I've destroyed in the same time period.

Parts availability is a big issue in EP TC because they're more fragile than nitro TCs. Losi almost always has everything flowing well, except for the steel lipo trays and front one-way diffs. In my opinion, the Type-R is the best overall value in TC today.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Anybody looking for a Type-R, I have mine for sale in for sale thread race ready!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just finished building my type r. Do you guys use the double o ring option at the bottom of the shock body? Does it just seal better with that or....
Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I just finished building my type r. Do you guys use the double o ring option at the bottom of the shock body? Does it just seal better with that or....
1 O ring
Old 12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello guys and gals.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Jason.
Jason, I don't think you have to worry about protecting your esc to much as mine hangs over the edge of the chassis a bit. Just make sure you use good tape to hold it down and you should be fine. The body will help absorb any t-bone accidents you encounter.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hello Type-R fans,

Just a short news to let you know that my protege made the A-final in the ProStock class last weekend with the JRXS-R.

http://ets.redrc.net/
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...tockgrid-9.jpg

The field included some big names like german and japanese stock national champions.

For Sunday the grip was very high, our shoes were sticking to the carpet during the ceremony...

Cheers,
Gergely
Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gergely
Hello Type-R fans,

Just a short news to let you know that my protege made the A-final in the ProStock class last weekend with the JRXS-R.

The field included some big names like german and japanese stock national champions.

For Sunday the grip was very high, our shoes were sticking to the carpet during the ceremony...

Cheers,
Gergely
Well done!

If you look closely through the window in the picture you can see the shiny silver Flying Fox Layshft. Can't see if there is a spool or not from that picture.

We have more in production and will soon be restocked. Sorry for the delay but we never expected them to be so popular. When I first made the layshaft never imagined they would make it all the way to Hungary!

Thanks for your support.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I use 2 O-rings outdoors, and 1 O-ring indoors on the carpet car. I'll be converting both over to a 1 o-ring setup next rebuild. 1 O-ring has less chances of 'sticktion', and if using 2 o rings, you will need to ensure that they are kept clean or they will definately stick. In regards to sealing issues, I personally cannot see a difference between them.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys and gals.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Jason.
The losi is a great choice as its cheap, well supported with parts, and best of all very fast!

Comparing to nitro the biggest difference will be adjusting to the diffs which are more work than nitro. However everything else is generally easier and much much cleaner. I have never had a problem with damage to my electronics in any chassis I have had including the type R. Every chassis has expensive parts open to damage but in my experience you are just unlucky to damage things like your ESC. Are you planning on running 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 or mod?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hello Type-R fans,

Cheers,
Gergely
Your carpet looks different that what we run in the US.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default BL motor fitment

i am trying to setup a 17.5 tekin and have a minor clearance issue. with a 118 spur i can't fit more than a 40 tooth pinion without the motor fouling on the lower hinge support.

i was curious what others have found to work in terms of motor can, spur/pinion combination?

thanks for the help,
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
i am trying to setup a 17.5 tekin and have a minor clearance issue. with a 118 spur i can't fit more than a 40 tooth pinion without the motor fouling on the lower hinge support.

i was curious what others have found to work in terms of motor can, spur/pinion combination?

thanks for the help,
The unbeveled edge of that motor makes it a tight fit, you can dremel the block to get more clearance, or get a prs or flyinf fox spur gear adapter and run a 108 instead. Most other motors clear a bit better due to being shorter or a different endbell design.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello Type-R fans,

Cheers,
Gergely
Very good! But the question remains.....are you teaching him to type properly?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have designed and made a new style setup wheel. The new design will not only give accurate camber readings, but will also allow for accurate tweak measurement. The wheel actually threads on the axle allowing it to center perfectly every time.

I made a handful of them with 8-32 threads with the Losi racers in mind, check out my RCRevealed thread in the Team and Company Discussions forums for more info.

Thanks,
Randy Caster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.