Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
In seriouse note, what is your rear droop over riding height? also sup with that pistons? iic? is that hand drilled 56?
My rear droop is HUGE, not sure my gauge is big enough to measure it, seriously. The droop screws are only there to keep the springs from falling off the shocks. We've been adding droop to make the car roll more. When we had a normal amount, say 2mm over ride height, the cars were flipping even easier. You should see the 13.5 guys, their cars pitch/roll/yaw like bobble head dolls!

IIRC is If I Remember Correctly.

...and for the record I can't remember what those red pistons are. I'll tear them down this week and get back to you.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
My rear droop is HUGE, not sure my gauge is big enough to measure it, seriously. The droop screws are only there to keep the springs from falling off the shocks. We've been adding droop to make the car roll more. When we had a normal amount, say 2mm over ride height, the cars were flipping even easier. You should see the 13.5 guys, their cars pitch/roll/yaw like bobble head dolls!

...and for the record I can't remember what those red pistons are. I'll tear them down this week and get back to you.
Might I sudgest raising the inner pivot to a mid or even high roll center's. After that trying a wider hex hub and glueing the sidewalls. I always had sucess with high front and mid rear roll center on rubber tires. Not sure how the Jaco blues will like this but it would be worth a shot.

RedRocket
Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know there is lots of faster guys in that 13.5 class at the horsham but

if I may tell you my earnest opinion rear droop and ride height is only problem I see and I know I'm right cause I made same mistake before, forget about the pistons that s just my curiosity.

cut the rear droop to 1mm over ride height from 3rd round or so and front and rear ride height same or front slightly higher (5.75 front 5.5 rear?) 1 mm or no droop on front. IMO any car will stay flat in any corners that way. also start from basic, put a 42 t pulley back on the front. Keep It Simple Sir

oh Greg! chassis might be tweaked? in case if your car only does that on certain corners.

you not running a chopped up upper deck are you?

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 11-22-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I know there is lots of faster guys in that 13.5 class at the horsham but

if I may tell you my earnest opinion rear droop and ride height is only problem I see and I know I'm right cause I made same mistake before, forget about the pistons that s just my curiosity.

cut the rear droop to 1mm over ride height from 3rd round or so and front and rear ride height same or front slightly higher (5.75 front 5.5 rear?) 1 mm or no droop on front. IMO any car will stay flat in any corners that way. also start from basic, put a 42 t pulley back on the front. Keep It Simple Sir

oh Greg! chassis might be tweaked? in case if your car only does that on certain corners.

you not running a chopped up upper deck are you?
John the issue is more to do with the jack the gripper on carpet than his setup. The tires get seriously tacky with the stuff and when the heat up[ after a few mins it gets even worse. The issue is very much like what the car does on foam tires, the car is awesome when its on the verge of traction rolling, and managing that point is the whole battle That battle was much easier managed when I got my Phi, lol.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by MikeXray
John the issue is more to do with the jack the gripper on carpet than his setup. The tires get seriously tacky with the stuff and when the heat up[ after a few mins it gets even worse. The issue is very much like what the car does on foam tires, the car is awesome when its on the verge of traction rolling, and managing that point is the whole battle That battle was much easier managed when I got my Phi, lol.
well never ha Jack on my car yet, which I m looking forward to since that will be our spec can at da queens track

of cos we enjoying thin line between 4wheeling and bicyling on carpet surface or any surface, but having rear droop like that will never fix that problem.

I made very similar mistake on 360 raceway when I came back racing Rc again last summer with my xxx-s, I was putting heavey spring to try stiffer set up then droop increased by alot because the car's droop screws was mounting on soft bumpers instead of from arm to chassis like all this new cars.

to make story short every time my droop increased more and more car was flipping harder and harder almost every lap!

I don't think any on can say a car with 0 droop all around will flip more than a car with 10 mm droop on rear, that just non sense! but Greg's telling me all my local top dog's doing that and that driving me nuts! man I wanted to go race at you guys track so bad but can not do it!!! and thats where all this #@$#@%$% is starting from.

btw Mike xray...up ya with that Phi!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Might I sudgest raising the inner pivot to a mid or even high roll center's. After that trying a wider hex hub and glueing the sidewalls. I always had sucess with high front and mid rear roll center on rubber tires. Not sure how the Jaco blues will like this but it would be worth a shot. RedRocket
We had higher RC positions, but it just loaded the tires up sooner and flipped easier. I'll try widening the front track a touch, but it's almost there already. Glueing is my last resort, as I don't want to give away any traction, but since the car is already fast, that might not be very detrimental.

...if I may tell you my earnest opinion rear droop and ride height is only problem I see and I know I'm right cause I made same mistake before....cut the rear droop to 1mm over ride height from 3rd round or so and front and rear ride height same or front slightly higher (5.75 front 5.5 rear?) 1 mm or no droop on front. IMO any car will stay flat in any corners that way. also start from basic, put a 42 t pulley back on the front. Keep It Simple Sir you not running a chopped up upper deck are you?
Can't cut the droop until something else changes because we were running less droop, but they were flipping easier then. Adding droop delayed the flip noticebly. Can't lower the rear as it's already touching down, thus the anti-squat. The overdrive pulley isn't the problem, the car will flip at max corner load with or without it. No chopped top deck.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
...the car is awesome when its on the verge of traction rolling, and managing that point is the whole battle That battle was much easier managed when I got my Phi, lol.
You sir, are a chassis whore! Your screen name says Xray, your signature says Schumi AND Losi, and now you're rocking a Phi! Have you no shame, sir?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Company Representative

duplicated
Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Company Representative

Can't cut the droop until something else changes because we were running less droop, but they were flipping easier then. Adding droop delayed the flip noticebly. Can't lower the rear as it's already touching down, thus the anti-squat. The overdrive pulley isn't the problem, the car will flip at max corner load with or without it. No chopped top deck.
man in my imagination I can only see a electric TC flipping over like a 1/8th pan car flipping on some corners, like no leaning just flipped! like a piece of paper.

wow, dont use the Jack or less soaking time then?

You sir, are a chassis whore! Your screen name says Xray, your signature says Schumi AND Losi, and now you're rocking a Phi! Have you no shame, sir?
puhahahah are you getting a AE TC5 for this X-mas ?.....I envy you

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 11-23-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

lol, well that's not accurate, I wasn't able to change my screenname, I started racing with a T2R when they first came out at $200, ended up spending $300 more to get it "ok", got a type-r and ditched the xray I had 2 type-rs most of last season after a friend sold off his once driven stuff, sold one, got the phi for foam around jan last year, sold that this summer after 360 closed. Now I have one type-r and the schui is a long term rental, lol. I never ran the phi on rubber tires, kinda wish I still had it around, but the schui feels very similar in drving style as the phi did, they both turn in signifigantly less hard than a losi does.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Horsham

Greg,

It was nice to meet you this past weekend. I am going to try and make it down to Horsham more often.

I tried lowering the rear droop from 2.5mm to 2mm for the main, and it was even worse. I was running the .225 hex width up front and no sway bar up front which looks like it was the only differences from your setup.

Brian
Old 11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian John
Greg,

It was nice to meet you this past weekend. I am going to try and make it down to Horsham more often.

I tried lowering the rear droop from 2.5mm to 2mm for the main, and it was even worse. I was running the .225 hex width up front and no sway bar up front which looks like it was the only differences from your setup.

Brian
Brian John, the man with two first names! For not having raced carpet in a while, you sure got up to speed pretty fast! Since Rui defected, you are welcome to take his spot in the Losi camp. See you next time.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Company Representative

Greg,

Brian
Hey Brian, so you went to 30mm rr droop in the main and it helped?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Sir, YGPM

Yup, you guessed it. My car is so money right up until the point where it suspends gravity in the immediate vicinity of itself and exits stage left. Until I get this annoyance purged from the car, I'm stuck driving like a chauffeur with Ms. Daisy on the top deck.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Brian, so you went to 30mm rr droop in the main and it helped?
Hey John,

I ran 2mm over ride height in the rear and 1.5mm over ride height in the front. Where did you see 30mm?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Company Representative

Hey John,

I ran 2mm over ride height in the rear and 1.5mm over ride height in the front. Where did you see 30mm?
that s what Greg did to prevent car from rolling.

instead of keep losing droops he kept increased up till like he made his car look like a buggy! and that what everyone had to do to hovering around the track with out fliping makes 0 sense to me but I didnt race at that track yet so....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.