Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dont suppose anyone could give me the dimensions of the lcd driveshafts on the type-r? Total length, dogbone length, pin length and diameter at the diff side and the dia of the ball that the pin goes through at the diff side. Just looking to compare the sizes with what i have just now (Schumacher) as i know you can fit the LCD's to cyclones. Thanks!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Received the new FlyingFoxRC Layshaft from SkyRocketBatteries today and installed them in the car. The quality is very good and the installation was smooth. NO DREMELING required! CHEEERS for a product you don't have to dremel to get it to fit!

I was concerned that there maybe some added drag in the car with the pullies widened but there doesn't seem to be on the bench. The fact the layshaft removes the e-clips from the design is worth the cost alone.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Conrad
Dont suppose anyone could give me the dimensions of the lcd driveshafts on the type-r? Total length, dogbone length, pin length and diameter at the diff side and the dia of the ball that the pin goes through at the diff side. Just looking to compare the sizes with what i have just now (Schumacher) as i know you can fit the LCD's to cyclones. Thanks!
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=475&id=8134
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Mike, seen that link before but it doesnt give any measurements for the driveshafts.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

FYI---

Type R for sale.. $225.00 Shipped!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...0-shipped.html
Old 06-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm currently out of stock on the layshafts, I'll post again once we restock. They've proven a popular item!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Front Spool

Is there a better front spool out there?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dcuz383
Is there a better front spool out there?
Not that I know of, some folks have been using CA in the plastic half of the diff that has the threads to strengthen it a little. I use the sandpaper disks and haven't had one loosen on me even with a 4.5 and foam tires .
Old 06-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I'm currently out of stock on the layshafts, I'll post again once we restock. They've proven a popular item!
T.

Please let me know when you get them in. I like to buy one for my car.

Thanks
June
Old 06-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Yes I really want one of these shafts too. When will they be back in stock????

On a different note how can I get a bit more mid corner steering? I am already runnung a standard front top link. It just pushes a touch mid corner not much but having to let off power a bit.

This is for rubber tyres.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tim fry
Yes I really want one of these shafts too. When will they be back in stock????

On a different note how can I get a bit more mid corner steering? I am already runnung a standard front top link. It just pushes a touch mid corner not much but having to let off power a bit.

This is for rubber tyres.
This is going to sound a bit cheeky, but it's not intended to be. It REALLY helped me get a handle on some of the problems I was having with my mod setup. Have you read the back of the assembly manual? It has about 4 pages where it goes through in a bit of detail how to achieve good mid corner out steering as well as cure other handling issues.

I think they have a full pdf version of the manual online so you can even search it if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, although I'd suggest it if you haven't done so already.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

I have read the back of the manual and refer to it all the time.
I'm just looking for a slight change as I have got the setup almost there.

Dont worry I have not taken your post the wrong way.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Just thought I would post a quick update on my car from my post a few pages back. I was running the kit set-up and was having problems keeping the rear end planted (I'm on parking lot tracks on rubber-BTW.) I posted that I was going to try scheff's Jackson set-up and I have to give big props to schreff 'cause that set-up is MONEY! If I can get any more out of this car I'm gonna mess my pants 'cause the thing is on rails now. The only changes I made from his set-up are I'm using 40/35 wt oil fr/rr as I hate messing with the shocks and that's how I had it from the kit set-up (I'll change that next time I have to rebuild my shocks.) I am also running the "JR" link in the high position instead of a standard link, running the 41t overdrive standard pulley up front, not the spool (losi brown grease though) and have 2 o-rings above the shock bladder, again because of the kit set-up. This car is amazing to drive and I could not be happier. Many thanks to schreff and all the Losi team drivers for the time they have spent working out set-ups for this car and posting them here for us "weekend warriors' to use. Good luck to all type R drivers out there everywhere!
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone here had both TC5R and JRXS type R? How do they compete?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

losi guy's will say losi an AE guy's will say AE!Both cars are good cars and both have strong points!I prefer losi but there are qualities on the AE car i like!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.