Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got an adapter from the new run and all that was needed to fit it was take a little material off the center shaft with some sand paper, and shave down the flange on the back of the pulley mount so that it is flush with the pulley.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

guys whats good for the weeking? 360 ?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey all!

Finally got my one-way for the R, and guess what... its got a 41 tooth pulley in the packet!!! Oh well...

Anyway, this question is for anyone who has changed from full time 4WD to a one-way... any big differences in setup? I do realise that there will be small changes that will need to be done, but I'm wondering if there will be any big changes to accomodate the one-way (besides driving style)?

Its rubber on Ozite carpet w/o traction compound...
Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hey all!

Finally got my one-way for the R, and guess what... its got a 41 tooth pulley in the packet!!! Oh well...

Anyway, this question is for anyone who has changed from full time 4WD to a one-way... any big differences in setup? I do realise that there will be small changes that will need to be done, but I'm wondering if there will be any big changes to accomodate the one-way (besides driving style)?

If you are running BL be careful of the powerband into and off the corners. I didn't get the chance before they pulled the carpet at my local track but was going to just go back to a diff or a spool for better control and for braking.

RedRocket
Old 09-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all

I'm running 10.5 and 13.5 this coming winter and was wondering what is the best spur to use for 13.5? I'm using the standard 90t 48dp for 10.5 and I have purchased a PRS spur gear adaptor so I can run a smaller spur for 13.5 as I need to get to 4.5 FDR just wondered which size/sizes would be optimum.

Thanks
Tim
Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
If you are running BL be careful of the powerband into and off the corners. I didn't get the chance before they pulled the carpet at my local track but was going to just go back to a diff or a spool for better control and for braking.

RedRocket
Good idea.... I'll bring a diff, spool and the one-way with me... Got the ESC setup with zero drag brakes at the moment with a 13.5. Class rules are changing to the 10.5 for next year though... on a test run the quickest way around on the tight track is either with a diff or a spool.

Kinda sucks to be one of only a handful (literally) to be running the R here...
Old 09-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Good idea.... I'll bring a diff, spool and the one-way with me... Got the ESC setup with zero drag brakes at the moment with a 13.5. Class rules are changing to the 10.5 for next year though... on a test run the quickest way around on the tight track is either with a diff or a spool.

Kinda sucks to be one of only a handful (literally) to be running the R here...
One of the first things that you will want to do is add a little drag to help control the car into the corners. I added it right away when I switched over to BL. I also had to learn how to brake, and get the braking set where I liked it. Good luck, we are getting ready to start our carpet season here in a few weeks, can't wait to get back on the rug. I am one of a few running the R here too, but the support here on Tech is pretty good.

RedRocket
Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

I got a new chassis for my Type R and I find out that the holes for the pivot in the rear is wider than the original chassis I have is this a mistake or did they make adjustment?

Any one with answer to my question.. now with the adjustment they made on the chassis the rear pivot block is much closer than the original chassis to the motor, I use the 13.5 Trinity with the cut out on the back of the motor and the fit is so tight, I am now looking for the spur adaptor, with the original chassis I had enough space so I didn't need the spur adaptor.

Last edited by Ramyuras; 09-22-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
I got a new chassis for my Type R and I find out that the holes for the pivot in the rear is wider than the original chassis I have is this a mistake or did they make adjustment?
got a picture of this?

RedRocket
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey all!

I just made the change to a oneway today... Mine also came with the 41 pulley, ands two others here also got 41's with their onoeways. I replaced the 41 with a 42 and installed it after a practice run with the diff, no other changes beside putting the oneway in..

What I noticed was that the car comes off the corners better with the oneway, with the diff the car really didn't get a good drive off the corner until it was finished turning... while the weigght was transferred to the outside wheels, the diff would just let the inside wheel spin the power away instead of getting a strong drive out of the corner. Corner entry was a lot sharper, not undriveable by any means, but definitely more aggressive...

While I found the car easier to drive consistently with the diff, lap times were better with the oneway... Unfortunately I was having a hard time concentrating today and I found myself making a few more mistakes than I would have with the diff. Still I managed to best my previous best run on this layout in every run today.

This was in stock/17.5 rubber tire class on ozite. Our track allows Paragon tho, for what it's worth.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default is something worng with JRX?

Just curious. How come JRX never wins major events? especially in the modified class... Are short arms not stable at high speed?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcist78
Just curious. How come JRX never wins major events? especially in the modified class... Are short arms not stable at high speed?
What would you consider "major"? The Type-r won at IIC and Snowbirds etc for the past couple years, i can't really think of two larger events for tc.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The JRX-S Type R won the 2008 Florida State Series Open Modified class...6 different races, with 6 rounds of heads up racing per race, each race in a different track and grip level. Also, Florida has some of the best drivers in the USA and each race it competed against best in the class. The Type R won it all in mod, showing it can run and beat great drivers and great cars, in different track layouts grip levels.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You mention short arms which leads me to believe you are talking about the old car. The Type R has long arms on it and the car is very good. The issue with Mod racing is that Losi has no one running Mod at the moment on the team, so no it is not winning any big Mod races. If Schreff, Fairtrace and Haynes decide to go mod, they will put it in the winners circle I am sure.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trips
I just made the change to a oneway today... Mine also came with the 41 pulley, ands two others here also got 41's with their onoeways. I replaced the 41 with a 42 and installed it after a practice run with the diff, no other changes beside putting the oneway in..

What I noticed was that the car comes off the corners better with the oneway, with the diff the car really didn't get a good drive off the corner until it was finished turning... while the weigght was transferred to the outside wheels, the diff would just let the inside wheel spin the power away instead of getting a strong drive out of the corner. Corner entry was a lot sharper, not undriveable by any means, but definitely more aggressive...

While I found the car easier to drive consistently with the diff, lap times were better with the oneway... Unfortunately I was having a hard time concentrating today and I found myself making a few more mistakes than I would have with the diff. Still I managed to best my previous best run on this layout in every run today.

This was in stock/17.5 rubber tire class on ozite. Our track allows Paragon tho, for what it's worth.
Thanks for the heads up... I'll let you know in 24 hours what its like... Didn't make any changes for tomorrow night's race.... I was after slightly more aggressive turn in and better drive off corners, so I think the long wait for the one-way sounds like its worth it!

Last edited by jrxs-r; 09-22-2008 at 08:03 AM. Reason: More info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.