Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone having problem with the steel tray not fit into the chassis? I couldn't able to install the steel tray into the chassis even with no battery on it.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
Does anyone having problem with the steel tray not fit into the chassis? I couldn't able to install the steel tray into the chassis even with no battery on it.
I did i whipped out the handy dandy file and made the armpits a little deeper to make it fit nicely.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I did i whipped out the handy dandy file and made the armpits a little deeper to make it fit nicely.
What he said..
Old 08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Orion platinum two

has anyone purchased the Orion platinum Two 5000 mAh for their type R?

I am asking as I have placed my order with RCMart, who is selling them for 85.90 each plus the usual shipping..

As far as I know these will fit the type R and are slightly lighter than the orion 4800 with the extra mAh. 137mm x 45mm x 24mm
Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
has anyone purchased the Orion platinum Two 5000 mAh for their type R?

I am asking as I have placed my order with RCMart, who is selling them for 85.90 each plus the usual shipping..

As far as I know these will fit the type R and are slightly lighter than the orion 4800 with the extra mAh. 137mm x 45mm x 24mm
I hope so...
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 5000 "two" fits the type R.
I ran it yesterday at our track , seems fine to me.

Last edited by big_boss; 08-24-2008 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi there,

I have been trying to compile some information through this forum for my new car and still have a couple questions maybe you guys can answer. I am trying to make the switch from Xray to my new JRX-S Type R.

First, we are running a new spec type class on carpet with Jaco green rubber tires and I am really trying to find a good starting point for a setup and was wondering if someone can help with with that. We are running a 17.5/Stock class.

Second, we are able to run a couple different lipo packs and I was wondering if anyone has had trouble fitting them in there car. I lipos include orion 3800 30C, IP3800, and the SMC packs.

Thank you
Chris
Old 08-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cclifton
Hi there,

I have been trying to compile some information through this forum for my new car and still have a couple questions maybe you guys can answer. I am trying to make the switch from Xray to my new JRX-S Type R.

First, we are running a new spec type class on carpet with Jaco green rubber tires and I am really trying to find a good starting point for a setup and was wondering if someone can help with with that. We are running a 17.5/Stock class.

Second, we are able to run a couple different lipo packs and I was wondering if anyone has had trouble fitting them in there car. I lipos include orion 3800 30C, IP3800, and the SMC packs.

Thank you
Chris
I can tell you for sure the Orion 3800 does not fit unless you want to mod the pack or the car to make it fit. Not worth it in my opinion. I have no experience with the IP pack. I think the SMC packs fit with no issues.
You can try setups from here: http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4620 and I would recommend starting with the Schreffler Express 2007 setup. It is for medium bite and should work pretty well.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cclifton
Hi there,

Thank you
Chris
With the jaco greens i'd pay careful attention to camber settings front and rear. They have a shorter sidewall and don't flex as mush as some other brands of tires (hold tires side by side you'll see what i mean), so if you don't increase camber to accomodate that you'll be riding on the sidewall of your tire allot.

Good thing to keep an eye out for is if the jop of the "J" in jaco on the side wall starts to look weird or wear, increase camber by .25* or .5* increments until the wear stops. You can also look over the profile of the tire, holding it up so that it kinda looks like this |-------| you want the dashed part in the middle to be wearing evenly, if you get a coned tire or you see that there is no wear on the inside of your tire |___/----| kinda like that or /___/----|you need to increase camber as well (you can tell ascii art was not my calling).

The other big tuning aids that i've gotten help with being a crappy driver and even worse at tuning is the ackerman position on the steering cross bar, move your ball studs to the inside hole.

The last big tuning aid is rear camber link hole, there is a set of posts in this thread that go into detail about how and what they do search for "rear camber link", schreffler gives a great explaination of how and why (has a ton to do w/ camber gain) and mike haynes, ron goeter, larry fairtrace, mike major all showed me more about how to use that tunig aid to get the rear stuck!! so start out w/ the inner camber link in hole #4, and the outer camber link in the outer hole (farthest away from the center line of the car i think it's A but not sure) if you want more on power rear traction move that to the inner position (b) there are also things you can do w/ #4 washers under the camber links and ball studs but they are for after you make the major basic changes and need a little more of this or that.

The losi community is very helpful, every track i visit that has losi drivers they are always very willing to help a new or struggling driver (you can tell I got tons of help ahahaha) so seek one out.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Hey folk, just after a little bit of help. I can't seem to scrub off the understeer that my chassis is generating on fast corners, ie coming off the straight or entering the straight. I've tried loads of tweaks and none seem to be doing the trick, any ideas?

(outdoor, tarmac/asphalt, medium grip, 5 cell brushless 3.5t, Sorex 32s)

Cheers guys!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I Just raced at a parking lot race and the car would not hookup at all it was VERY loose in the rear and very difficult to drive. I have a front-oneway in the front now and the tracktion is medium to low; would anyone suggest a front spool instead to gain more traction?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
Hey folk, just after a little bit of help. I can't seem to scrub off the understeer that my chassis is generating on fast corners, ie coming off the straight or entering the straight. I've tried loads of tweaks and none seem to be doing the trick, any ideas?

(outdoor, tarmac/asphalt, medium grip, 5 cell brushless 3.5t, Sorex 32s)

Cheers guys!
Try using the inner holes on the steering Ackerman plate.

Originally Posted by TJames987
I Just raced at a parking lot race and the car would not hookup at all it was VERY loose in the rear and very difficult to drive. I have a front-oneway in the front now and the tracktion is medium to low; would anyone suggest a front spool instead to gain more traction?

I would defiantly run the spool over the oneway.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_boss
The 5000 "two" fits the type R.
I ran it yesterday at our track , seems fine to me.
did you have to make any mods to the top deck.. ie dremel?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Hey guys just got my losi r put together and was wonder about the spool mainly the correct way to install it. Do you still use the thrust bearing and spring? Thanks any any help i can get.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.