Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

does anyone else have a problem with the rear belt "flipping" on the rear diff when racing on asphalt? would that just be that i need to tension it a bit more or is it something else? runnin a 10.5 with 27/99 gearing
Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrr102486
does anyone else have a problem with the rear belt "flipping" on the rear diff when racing on asphalt? would that just be that i need to tension it a bit more or is it something else? runnin a 10.5 with 27/99 gearing
are you running a short track or a long track? that gear ratio sounds crazy high at 6.71. i run a novak 10.5, standard size rotor, at 4.64 on a track with a long straight with a medium infield.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Li-Po Battery Tray

Is anyone shipping yet on the steel tray Losi 4312?

Everywhere I check it's still backordered.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olduser
Is anyone shipping yet on the steel tray Losi 4312?

Everywhere I check it's still backordered.
When Horizon gets them back in everyone else will have them as well.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is anyone in the forums here running the SpeedPassion GT V1 or V1.1 ESC. I just ordered my Losi Type R this weekend and was thinking of buying the SpeedPassion ESC. Now I am not a what ever is the hottest thing going this weekend type purchaser. This is why we all bought this car right because its not the same as the rest? I went to my track and was told I would be better off getting an LRP and was also told none of the TOP drivers for the Reedy Race ran the SP esc so can someone give me the good, bad or indifferent on this esc. Why you think it would be or would not be a good purchase. I will be running stock since I am a novice. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Belty Dog
Simply use the stok washer that come whit Type R but replace the 6 stok balls 1/16" whith 10 ceramic balls 1/16"
With this are you using just the two outer washers and replacing the six bearing and the plate with the 10 ceramic balls.

Is there a trick to building in this way to stop it falling apart on assembly?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Is anyone in the forums here running the SpeedPassion GT V1 or V1.1 ESC. I just ordered my Losi Type R this weekend and was thinking of buying the SpeedPassion ESC. Now I am not a what ever is the hottest thing going this weekend type purchaser. This is why we all bought this car right because its not the same as the rest? I went to my track and was told I would be better off getting an LRP and was also told none of the TOP drivers for the Reedy Race ran the SP esc so can someone give me the good, bad or indifferent on this esc. Why you think it would be or would not be a good purchase. I will be running stock since I am a novice. Thanks in advance.
If you are concered about cost, just get the Losi Speedo. It won at Reedy.
And is about 50 buck cheaper than most of the rest.

RedRocket
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cost is not the issue at all RedRocket. I just don't want to invest in crap/garbage stuff if thats what it is. If the Reedy race came and no one was running the Sp ESC then I have to wonder why. Just a concern.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

also have the type R with SPGT1.1.

before I had the novak xbr but the SPGT1.1 is way better. is it better then the novak GTB or losi or lrp??? but it's pretty good and the programming thing is cool

good luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've got 2 gtb's and i was seriously considering buying the losi because it was cheap hehe , then i saw it won the reedy race, but to be fair schreffler and fairtraice can drive a taco around the track and win.

Since then teh Tekin RS has been released, and I decided to go with them. I have a Tekin RS (i run 13.5 class pretty much exclusively) on order, it's super small (roughly 2/3 the size of the sp or gtb) and coupled with the hotwire it is very adjustable. It has lots of blinking lights and neat whizz bang stuff that i can blame for making me lose (winning has NOTHING to do w/ driving skill!! it's all about the blinky lights).

The other guy at my track w/ a losi and SP used to run LRP and he switched over but again ... he can win driving on 3 wheels (actually has done that) so I'd say the difference in the gear at the level you are shopping at really doesn't mean much unless you are two-tenths slower than andy moore. There are a couple of guys who use the lrp and they are fast and a couple of guys who use the sp and they are fast, the novak crowd ... not so much me included.

I'll let you know how the Tekin RS fits in the car and runs and such in about a week, this coming saturday will be my first day with it on the track.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How about a Castle Sidewinder? Best bang for the buck imo. $76 at Tower.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Cost is not the issue at all RedRocket. I just don't want to invest in crap/garbage stuff if thats what it is. If the Reedy race came and no one was running the Sp ESC then I have to wonder why. Just a concern.
Go with the losi for both price and performance.......
Old 06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ron are you running the losi esc?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Not yet but i ordered 2 of them today lol
Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

What are you running now? Thankyou for the suggestion I appreciate it. I am still leaning to the SP ESC though. LRP seems to be King where I am at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.