Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hey guys, there are 2 different part numbers for the suspension arms on the R. Anyone here knows the difference?

Front - LOSA1217 or LOSA9742
Rear - LOSA2223 or LOSA9862

Just seems kind of funny that even Losi list both these arms on the website!
1217 and 2223 are the numbers for the arms according to the kit. Only thing I see different on Losi's site for the other two numbers is they are calling them EA3 but that is supposed to be what they all were. 9741 and 9862 are not even numbers listed for the shorter arms from the old kit. The short arms for the old kit are as follows 9739A for front and 9168A for the rear. So maybe they changed the number for the newer better molded arms, but that would not make much sense. Hopefully Todd or Ron will stop in and tell us what the difference is.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here is my Setup from the IIC. The setup was AWESOME on high bite with Jack the Gripper. I don't know how it will work on club level bite. I guess someone is gonna have to try it and see, because we don't have a track right now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IIC Type R Setup.pdf (371.1 KB, 246 views)
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Larry and I ran pretty much identical setups at the IIC. I think my setup was just a little different, but not too much where the cars would drive too differently.

My setup should be on the Losi website any day now. I gave it to Hodgimoto so whenever he gets the chance, it will be up there.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about Horsham. I wish I could share, we could use more carpet racers around here. I'm moving to a place in the spring where the carpet track just closed, and the racers have managed to get together and form a club, buy carpet, and hold races at the fairgrounds. Hopefully it works out for them, I'd really miss the rug.

I'm going back to foam (and NiMH, bleh) next week, and was thinking about using Schreff's Horsham setup from a couple of months ago as a starting point. We don't have high traction at the moment, though I think we're going to start spraying Paragon again.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti35
1217 and 2223 are the numbers for the arms according to the kit. Only thing I see different on Losi's site for the other two numbers is they are calling them EA3 but that is supposed to be what they all were. 9741 and 9862 are not even numbers listed for the shorter arms from the old kit. The short arms for the old kit are as follows 9739A for front and 9168A for the rear. So maybe they changed the number for the newer better molded arms, but that would not make much sense. Hopefully Todd or Ron will stop in and tell us what the difference is.
i will ask ron or todd tomorrow at work to check it out and let you guys know the difference
Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for sharing your setup Larry. You say Losi Low ball stud, The kit come with the long right?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hey guys, there are 2 different part numbers for the suspension arms on the R. Anyone here knows the difference?

Front - LOSA1217 or LOSA9742
Rear - LOSA2223 or LOSA9862

Just seems kind of funny that even Losi list both these arms on the website!
The stock arms for the kit are LOSA1217 which are the front and LOSA2223 for the rear.

LOSA9742 is the JRXS "short" arms in EA3. LOSA9862 is the JRXS "Short" arms for the JRXS.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Apex
Does Losi make shims that are the same shape as the pivot blocks to place under pivot blocks? Or do you guys just use normal round shims\spacers under the pivot blocks to raise the roll center?
I always used the Losi .030" #4 gold washers.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default First Run / Caster block

Being new to the hobby/club in my area, I began practicing with a 1/18 scale kit back in Feb of this year. And now I have upgraded to the type-r and I got the chance to run it for the first time tonight. I must say that I created some interest with this kit as I felt like a seasoned veteran running consistent fast laps around the track. The car handles so well, I was astonished and speachless. Currently, I am the only one running the kit at the club, but I think things may change because members were asking to look at it. Most members at the club run xray.

After studying and reading thru the posts this thread, I was torn between the '007 and the type-r. But after running it for the first time, I don't regret choosing this kit. I felt that I could drive the car to its limits with ease based on the setup provided in the manual. The car handles so well, like others have mentioned in this thread, the car is the real deal.

My only beef about it, is that on my second run tonight I broke a front caster block. I got a little too close to the wall and it rubbed up against the wood. The caster block broke on the bottom side. So that was the end of my run.
Disappointing, to say the least but I still felt good based on the consistency of laps. A seasoned veteran would say oh well, and that is exactly how I have to take it. Hopefully I can stay away from the walls

equipment used for tonight's run
shock matching tool - excellent piece of equipment (I love this thing)
Novak 10.5 bonded
Novak XBR
M8/Spectrum pro
Don't have a transponder yet, but looking to buy one.

On a final note for now, just wanted to say thanks to the guys who created the kit, you made my evening Hopefully I can challenge some of these guys for the club title (just need to settle my nerves though)

Gordon
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Thanks for sharing your setup Larry. You say Losi Low ball stud, The kit come with the long right?
Yeah and as a note on that setup sheet It has a low ball stud listed on the caster block. It should be a normal ball stud.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
My only beef about it, is that on my second run tonight I broke a front caster block. I got a little too close to the wall and it rubbed up against the wood. The caster block broke on the bottom side.
A couple of people have mentioned that the axles may extend too far beyond the wheel in some cases, and would be prone to catching on the boards and causing a break. I haven't had this trouble, so I didn't grind mine, but maybe others have, and can share their experiences. I've found the Type-R to be quite tough once the issue was worked out with the original batch of arms.

If you haven't added a "P-Dub" bumper already, that too seem to help avoid parts breakage.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
A couple of people have mentioned that the axles may extend too far beyond the wheel in some cases, and would be prone to catching on the boards and causing a break. I haven't had this trouble, so I didn't grind mine, but maybe others have, and can share their experiences. I've found the Type-R to be quite tough once the issue was worked out with the original batch of arms.

If you haven't added a "P-Dub" bumper already, that too seem to help avoid parts breakage.
you can try this too

this is how far they extend to protect the front arms
Old 10-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hey guys,
i got to practice with the new car last night.
at first i was a liitle not happy....that was using box set-up.40 oil instead of 50.the tires i had were a really old set of take-off cs-27.well my buddy lent me a newer set and i compound the whole front and rear.the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
so i am going to wait till next week and start going to the back of the book.

but over-all for only one day im not going to make a decision for right now i like my older jrxs better.

i will wait and see.

matt
Old 10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morris
hey guys,
i got to practice with the new car last night.
at first i was a liitle not happy....that was using box set-up.40 oil instead of 50.the tires i had were a really old set of take-off cs-27.well my buddy lent me a newer set and i compound the whole front and rear.the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
so i am going to wait till next week and start going to the back of the book.

but over-all for only one day im not going to make a decision for right now i like my older jrxs better.

i will wait and see.

matt
The old car was good if you got a decent setup for it, but the new car is even better once you get it setup. You can trust me on this since I still have one of the old cars as well as two of the new ones. Schreff helped me out a lot getting both of my Type R's setup and they were so much better afterwards. IIC was the first I ran foam on carpet and I was using his setup. The car was easy to drive and was quick, I am just not at to level of Schreff and Fairtrace to push it that hard but I do know if I could the car would be even faster.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
I felt the same way when I tried the car on rubber... After changing the following

spring to 17.5F and 15R
shock pos 1F 2R
Front one way
.195 rear axle
Front Kickup (.60 washer under the front pivot)

The car is now as fast as my well known T2... Give it some more time. I think its worth it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.