Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 06-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Myhre
Um...what's a Pooky Bracket, and why do I suddenly want one?!
Before we had JRXS arms with the little hump for the shock mounting position we had to have a bracket for that position. It was actually called the BK bracket.

Brant
Old 06-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Thread-Jacker!!!! Its ok for you groupies to come in here from time to time but you must only read and not interrupt!!! Sorry fellas I have too many fans!

Brant
I can't wait until I get a fan base of groupies
Old 06-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
they've already left you, you are SO yesterday
Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Little help for the Rookie?

Originally Posted by GCracker
First off, Ron I know what you're thinking, and yes I know you have to be smooth to be fast but.......................

I run 3900 stick packs at the moment and just bought a case of ProMatch IB4200s. Everyone tells me practice sticks and matched cells are night and day, but could someone please help me to understand what the benefits are over the non matched blah packs.. I guess I thought of this a little late since I already dumped 400+ in the 4200s

Thanx guys
They are Promatch IB4200 matched cells specs are 1.225+ AV 430+ Runtime
Old 06-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

$90 airfreight to australia for an adaptor & 2 spurs???? Does anyone else sell the PRS stuff? (It only cost me $38 to get the Type R airfreighted)
Try getting your LHS in Aus to contact ArcadiaRC for the PRS stuff.

http://www.arcadiarc.com/index.html

Cheers.

Z
Old 06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default schreff's setup sheet from previous page

I was looking at Schreff's setup on the previous page and I see he has washers under the ball stud on the front spindle and the ball stud on the rear hub. I understand shimming the front and rear for anti dive/squat but what is the effect of shimming the ball studs as shown
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was looking at Schreff's setup on the previous page and I see he has washers under the ball stud on the front spindle and the ball stud on the rear hub. I understand shimming the front and rear for anti dive/squat but what is the effect of shimming the ball studs as shown
Shimming on the front spindle induces bump steer. Basically, when the suspension compresses on that end of the car, the toe changes. You can have bump in or bump out depending on the spacing. In most conditions, you want 0 bump, but we were looking for steering. I'll have to check on my car to see how much it changed the toe. IIRC, it was about an additional 1/2 degree out. I could be wrong. I'll let you guys know once I actually take my racing stuff out of the trunk.

Shimming on the rear hub essentially frees up the rear end of the car. Helps it turn in better. It's a more subtle adjustment than lowering the inner camber link position as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

When you say bump steer with the suspension compressed this would apply mainly to long sweeping corners correct? Not probably useful for tight tracks whereby the chances of compressing suspension to achieve the desired bump steer is not likely to occur

Makes sense in my mind........I think
Old 06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

When you say bump steer with the suspension compressed this would apply mainly to long sweeping corners correct? Not probably useful for tight tracks whereby the chances of compressing suspension to achieve the desired bump steer is not likely to occur

Makes sense in my mind........I think
Bump steer works regardless of track and conditions. On 180s, chicanes, or sweepers, it's still going to make toe changes. Suspension travel happens every time you turn, brake, acceleration, etc.

For instance, I spoke with Craig Xavier at length about this when I first started running the Type R. My first week with the car was on carpet at his home track. After my first run with the car, he said, ADD SHIMS to the steering blocks. It will help the car enter the corner. I was in the same boat as you not understanding why. I will say this... it made a huge difference. The car definitely turned harder when entering a corner. This was on a small carpet track.

When Larry and I were setting our cars up at Jackson, we needed steering. That was one of our tuning tools.

This can make the car difficult to drive and very touchy. It's not for everybody. It depends on your driving style. I like a car that responds instantly to minute wheel movements. The bump steer helped.

Hope that helps.

Any other setup gurus care to chime in, please do so.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Jason thanks for taking the time to explain I will try for myself this week, probably wont be as aggressive with the starting toe out position you have will go from neutral toe and work from there, my car can get real twitchy with small front end adjustments, still waiting on my sway bars
Old 06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Jason thanks for taking the time to explain I will try for myself this week, probably wont be as aggressive with the starting toe out position you have will go from neutral toe and work from there, my car can get real twitchy with small front end adjustments, still waiting on my sway bars
No problem man. Believe me, there is still a ton of stuff I don't know. The best thing is to try it and see what it does for you.

Heck, when I looked at Larry about running a thick rear sway bar like that, I thought he was smoking something. I refused to put a heavier rear bar in the rear. This past weekend, I said heck with it and threw the thickest bar on. Wow did it turn. It stayed on the car after that.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

i had a big rear bar too for the extra turn in effect
Old 06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
they've already left you, you are SO yesterday
.... said the voice from 1999!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
start winning...

can i get those arms from you at teh cup this weekend? i'll swing by on saturday and hang out for a few hours. maybe work tech or something.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
start winning...

can i get those arms from you at teh cup this weekend? i'll swing by on saturday and hang out for a few hours. maybe work tech or something.

Feel free to turn my car on and turnmarshall for me. (you need the tan....I don't) I'd win more if I went back down to 19 turn but I'm stepping my game up. I'll have those arms for you Saturday. If you're not racing then I'm the only Losi hopefull in our area. Thank you for that un-needed stress

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.