Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 06-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RBLove
I believe the internal changes to 1.80 or a 1.81. Very minimal.
Think you will find its 1.78 I think
SORRY JUST REALISED THAT RATIO IS WHEN YOU HAVE 41 PULLEY TO THE FRONT AND REAR OF THE CAR, WHICH GAVE A LITTLT MORE EXCELLORATION THAN THE 42 ALL ROUND

Last edited by TheCoolCanFanMan; 06-04-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Quite oddly I have found that Low Roll Centre up front works really well on carpet with rubbers! Hmm!
Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i know this is the type R thread but my question involves the shocks which are the same for both type R and the regular jrxs. ok i just purchased a used but in excellent condition Jrxs. when i received it it arrived with the xxxs shocks. i have since then purchased the jrxs shocks and built them. but im running into a problem, i dont know if i doing something wrong. i followed the building of shocks instructions as perfect as possible BUT i getting shocks that leak.. i ran into 1 delemma that were in the instruction... it was he picture of the shock body o ring, not the o ring that gets installed in the spring nut that gives tension to the springs.. the shock body o ring, i dont know if that was to be placed on the shock body itself where the end cap goes or if it supposed to be placed inside the end cap? at first i put it on the shock body but then looking at the pictures i wasnt sure if it was supposed to be placed in the shock end cap.. well i tried to put one in there and it was a reall pain in the butt. so after much sweating i decided to put that shock body o ring on the shock body it self. please help if anyone knows what im doing wrong please tell me. if theres something else to buy or recommend to do, please let me know thanks.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Russ--I was telling Yeti last night that with the '06 Nats set-up my car felt just like my JRXS with the Numan set-up except it was way faster around the corners. ...
Brant
Refresh my memory, which setup was this one?? Cheers...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

cheech4--

Large white O-ring goes on shock body at base of threads for the cap. Smaller thin white O-ring goes on bottom of shock body where the lower cap threads touch the shock body. One of my guys built his shocks and got confused on the instructions and he ended up putting the shaft O-ring around the little plastic spacer instead of pushing the spacer against the O-ring. Let me know if this helps.

Brant
Old 06-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pook ~ Check your email
Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
cheech4--

Large white O-ring goes on shock body at base of threads for the cap. Smaller thin white O-ring goes on bottom of shock body where the lower cap threads touch the shock body. One of my guys built his shocks and got confused on the instructions and he ended up putting the shaft O-ring around the little plastic spacer instead of pushing the spacer against the O-ring. Let me know if this helps.

Brant
no thats how i have it, the smaller thin shaft o ring is on the shock shaft at the end of the threads where the end cap fully closes. the small fat one is in the black thingy, the large black o ring in the nut ring. i filled up the oil to about 1/16 inch from the top. moved the shaft and then let the air out, but i noticed though when i did it alittle faster it seems that the air would come from the bottom. then i tightened the top cap alittle pushed the shaft in to let it bleed then tightenend it all the way. but whenever i move it back and forth it still bleeds. maybe its just to much oil in it.. it has some rebound and its fairly easy to push it. i dont know. im going to contact losi 2 moro.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Think you will find its 1.78 I think
SORRY JUST REALISED THAT RATIO IS WHEN YOU HAVE 41 PULLEY TO THE FRONT AND REAR OF THE CAR, WHICH GAVE A LITTLT MORE EXCELLORATION THAN THE 42 ALL ROUND
thanks cool can! i know it's a rather significant jump in internal ratio when you change one pulley to 41t. i just cant seem to remember exactly what it will change to from the 1.83 when using 42t front and rear. but i think its close to the 1.78 you are quoting .

if it changes from 1.83 to 1.78 then that would mean a 128/27 spur/pinion combo would change my fdr from 8.68 to 8.44 ... i think thats significant. ... maybe todd could shed some light.

todd: help?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:47 PM
aca
Tech Initiate

Can anyone tell me where I can find the '06 Nats setup.

Thanks Allen
Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aca

Thanks Allen
maybe I shouldnt...EDIT!!!

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 06-04-2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: finally growing up a little
Old 06-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Capelracer and ACA--Todd emailed me the set-up but when I try to downlaod it in here its too big and I don't know how to make it smaller. If anybody wants the set-up then send me and email at [email protected]
and I will send it to you. Sorry for the lack of computer skillz guys!

On the set-up I made a few changes to my car. I am running 40 in front and 35 in rear. 12.5's in the rear for springs and still using the Jr. link. Plus I was running all 4 shocks in the outer most holes. Start with the set-up and then make your own changes because the car was pretty darn good with it as a base line.

Brant
Old 06-05-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cheech4
no thats how i have it, the smaller thin shaft o ring is on the shock shaft at the end of the threads where the end cap fully closes. the small fat one is in the black thingy, the large black o ring in the nut ring. i filled up the oil to about 1/16 inch from the top. moved the shaft and then let the air out, but i noticed though when i did it alittle faster it seems that the air would come from the bottom. then i tightened the top cap alittle pushed the shaft in to let it bleed then tightenend it all the way. but whenever i move it back and forth it still bleeds. maybe its just to much oil in it.. it has some rebound and its fairly easy to push it. i dont know. im going to contact losi 2 moro.
maybe try 2 white o-rings on the bottom of the shock body.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
thanks cool can! i know it's a rather significant jump in internal ratio when you change one pulley to 41t. i just cant seem to remember exactly what it will change to from the 1.83 when using 42t front and rear. but i think its close to the 1.78 you are quoting .

if it changes from 1.83 to 1.78 then that would mean a 128/27 spur/pinion combo would change my fdr from 8.68 to 8.44 ... i think thats significant. ... maybe todd could shed some light.

todd: help?
Using the 42t pulleys gives an internal ratio of 1.83. Changing to a 41t in the front gives 1.78 at THAT END of the car - average of the two is 1.80 - although I would still use 1.83 as your IR - basically each end of the car will have a different IR so you will have 2 final drives.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by aca

Thanks Allen

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TypeR SWROARNats06.pdf (196.5 KB, 175 views)
Old 06-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

where i can find typeR spare parts? at cheap price i mean!!
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.