R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #12706
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to James khoo

Done with cutting upper deck and grinding battery holder of my kit,for rubber tire on parking lot set up.Now the chassis has more flex.
James khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #12707
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default jrlink

ok, i searchd for jrlink and still dunno what it is/does. Can someone post a pic of what it is and where they installed it? ima jrxs newb hehehee
dmakrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #12708
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo
Default Merry Xmas from Flying Fox RC

Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_1629-1-.jpg  

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #12709
Tech Adept

If you don’t have the Flying Fox RC Top Shaft here is a modification that can be done to the kit top shaft set installation to gain that extra bit of clearance for the battery and allow the use of non-Losi spur gears. You will need the following extra Losi JRX-S Type R parts in addition to the kit furnished parts:

1 ea A6406 1/16”x5/16” Pin
2 ea A3253 4mm x 1.3mm Aluminum Spacers
1 ea A3322 Aluminum Spool Hub

Instead of using the spur gear mounting arrangement used in the stock kit, the spur gear will be mounted to a modified Aluminum Spool Hub as used on the stock kit left side. The modification to the Aluminum Spool Hub will entail installing mounting holes for the spur gear which will need to be drilled and tapped into the Aluminum Spool Hub – this is the only hard part. I use 3mm x 5mm screws to mount my spur gears and therefore used a M3-.50 tap. This needs to be done carefully and correctly; so if you don’t have the tools, skill or patience you may want to forgo this mod. Otherwise your spur gear will not be centered or you will have other problems.

The mounting arrangement is as follows (NOTE that the Top Shaft (A3254) is REVERSED from normal kit installation) starting from the left side:

1/16”x5/16” Pin
Kit Aluminum Spool Hub Assembly (NOTE: the assembly is REVERSED from stock kit installation)
2 each 4mm x 1.3mm Aluminum Spacers
Bearing
Bulkheads
Bearing
1/16”x5/16” Pin
Modified Aluminum Spool Hub Assembly (holes drilled for Spur Gear)
4mm E-Clip

See attached pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic00100a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic00105a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic00106a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-pic00107a.jpg  

Last edited by calvin; 12-25-2010 at 09:52 PM.
calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #12710
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to James khoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
If you dont have the Flying Fox RC Top Shaft here is a modification that can be done to the kit top shaft set installation to gain that extra bit of clearance for the battery and allow the use of non-Losi spur gears. You will need the following extra Losi JRX-S Type R parts in addition to the kit furnished parts:

1 ea A6406 1/16x5/16 Pin
2 ea A3253 4mm x 1.3mm Aluminum Spacers
1 ea A3322 Aluminum Spool Hub

Instead of using the spur gear mounting arrangement used in the stock kit, the spur gear will be mounted to a modified Aluminum Spool Hub as used on the stock kit left side. The modification to the Aluminum Spool Hub will entail installing mounting holes for the spur gear which will need to be drilled and tapped into the Aluminum Spool Hub this is the only hard part. I use 3mm x 6mm screws to mount my spur gears and therefore used a 3mm x .05 tap. This needs to be done carefully and correctly; so if you dont have the tools, skill or patience you may want to forgo this mod. Otherwise your spur gear will not be centered or you will have other problems.

The mounting arrangement is as follows (NOTE that the Top Shaft (A3254) is REVERSED from normal kit installation) starting from the left side:

1/16x5/16 Pin
Kit Aluminum Spool Hub Assembly (NOTE: the assembly is REVERSED from stock kit installation)
Bearing
Bulkheads
Bearing
1/16x5/16 Pin
Modified Aluminum Spool Hub Assembly (holes drilled for Spur Gear)
4mm E-Clip

See attached pictures:
Nice mod,thanks for the great tip.

Cheers & Merry X'mas to all

James
James khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #12711
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I don't want any of the ones in that picture... My car is faster without getting some sort of infection from an apple!

Looks nice anyway, but where are the new shinny outdrives that go with it?

Also how are the diffs coming along? Considering a testing day mon/tue next week.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #12712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

http://www.flyingfoxrc.com/products.htm

What is Version 2? What ar the differences?

Holding back on the layshaft purchase because of this (would like to get both in one shot)
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 03:12 PM   #12713
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What are the advantages of a chopped top deck?? Will it help with traction for carpet?? I see people with chopped decks where they chop the c/f top plate where it attaches to the alum posts that attach the battery cover.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #12714
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Parts

Hi Guys,
Just posted some parts in the "for sale" forum. Check them out.

JRXS-Type-R One Way Assy and Slipper Spool

JRXS-Type R Parts NIP
skipstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #12715
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have some slop in my arms, both front and rear. I build the kit according to theinstructions, however there is a little more slop than I would like. Question is, If I add shims, which side of the arm do I add them to???

I also run my speedo on the top deck, in the back just above the layshaft. Will I knowtice an improvement if I move it forward and on the bottom plate???
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #12716
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
http://www.flyingfoxrc.com/products.htm

What is Version 2? What ar the differences?

Holding back on the layshaft purchase because of this (would like to get both in one shot)
With the original spool you use the standard diff outdrives on both sides. These are designed for use with a diff.or slipper spool and do not have the ability to cope with big impacts when used with such a.solid connection to the motor. The newer version has been designed with new outdrives that more than double the contact on the load bearing keyed section. Also a better material in the outdrive will improve things further.

As a side note the newer outdrive material is.stronger and will also resist wear against the outdrives so you have a flatter surface for loner which resaults in more steering.