R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #12556
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
Thanks for the link

The binding a couple of us are experiencing is not due to the shrink wrap and C-Hub, and it's not from bent pins either.

The pins do NOT fit into the dogbone slot without binding. Every time someone mentions this fact someone else says that it's the shrink tube binding on the c-hub but that is not the case. IMO the wrong pins have been supplied with some kits, instead of the 1/16" x 5/16" LCD pins the .067"x5/16" pins (Axel pins) have been supplied. They 'fit' the LCD but cause binding until the dogbone slot wears down slightly. I rebuilt my LCD's five times trying to figure this out and checked all the pins to see if I got them mixed up somehow and found that the axel pins and LCD pins were identical and all caused binding in the dogbone.
YOu got that right. Some people just find it downright unbelievable
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #12557
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

How are your diff cups holding up??? The part that has the thread in it, strips pretty easily. Today when i tried to rebuild the diff, it stripped. I wasnot being HeMan on them or anything. Do they make aluminium ones?
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #12558
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 516
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
How are your diff cups holding up??? The part that has the thread in it, strips pretty easily. Today when i tried to rebuild the diff, it stripped. I wasnot being HeMan on them or anything. Do they make aluminium ones?
Yes the diff hubs do strip out while tightening them down and adjusting. Best tip I have discovered for this is just to have spares onhand.
flyintrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #12559
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Mine have yet to strip after about ten rebuilds (I do a complete rebuild after every race night, practice). I just re-conditioned all my grub screw holes in the hub carriers etc. with CA, worked great so if you need to do a quick fix then put a bit of CA on a tiny flat headed screwdriver and CA the threads. I have been using AE Black grease for my ball diffs on my XXX4 for a while now and have started to use it on my JRX-S R. I am no pro so that might be sacrilegious but my diffs are silky smooth and I don't have to tighten the S*^T out of them so they don't slip. I tried using AE Black in the front and Losi grease in the rear and worked O.K. but now use AE Black everywhere. Going to try some Tamiya diff grease, can't get Schumacher What grease are you guys using???
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #12560
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
Mine have yet to strip after about ten rebuilds (I do a complete rebuild after every race night, practice). I just re-conditioned all my grub screw holes in the hub carriers etc. with CA, worked great so if you need to do a quick fix then put a bit of CA on a tiny flat headed screwdriver and CA the threads. I have been using AE Black grease for my ball diffs on my XXX4 for a while now and have started to use it on my JRX-S R. I am no pro so that might be sacrilegious but my diffs are silky smooth and I don't have to tighten the S*^T out of them so they don't slip. I tried using AE Black in the front and Losi grease in the rear and worked O.K. but now use AE Black everywhere. Going to try some Tamiya diff grease, can't get Schumacher What grease are you guys using???
i've used both schumy and tamiya, can't tell a difference as I was chasing a setup
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #12561
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9
Default New JRX S Type R

Well I just purchased a new Losi JRX S from A Main. It won't arrive til next Tues. I;ve been reading the posts here but over 800 pages. Anyhow
looking for info on what everyone is running. What motor and ESC are people here installing ? For a radio I have a Futaba 3PM X, I will need to purchase another receiver. What about servo's ??? I'm sure I'll have more questions on the setup once it arrives.Any input you can give it sure will be appreciated.
steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #12562
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1 View Post
Well I just purchased a new Losi JRX S from A Main. It won't arrive til next Tues. I;ve been reading the posts here but over 800 pages. Anyhow
looking for info on what everyone is running. What motor and ESC are people here installing ? For a radio I have a Futaba 3PM X, I will need to purchase another receiver. What about servo's ??? I'm sure I'll have more questions on the setup once it arrives.Any input you can give it sure will be appreciated.
get a low profile servo, safest bet!

I'm currently running an Xcore XDF-2 servo, you might wanna check out the X0907 Low Profile one. They haven't gave me any problems so far, and they don't drain current as much as say a Savox...
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #12563
Tech Addict
 
outtafocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 596
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

anyone have any word on whats happening with Flying Fox stuff?
I ordered my layshaft 1 month ago, still no word.
__________________
www.rcdepot.ca-Hobbywing-Tekno-TLR-Brass Knuckle Brush Worx
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #12564
Tech Regular
 
Lost Aggresiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Caledonia, MI
Posts: 255
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
anyone have any word on whats happening with Flying Fox stuff?
I ordered my layshaft 1 month ago, still no word.
Same here. I've had one back-ordered with Skyrocket Batteries for some time. I got a hold of Paul at Flying Fox, and he said he had plenty in stock. Not sure what the hold up is.

Bill D.
Lost Aggresiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #12565
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

They might be at the bottom of the ocean Read somewhere recently that a container with a big X-Ray shipment got lost at sea. Damn backorders, I've been waiting for an integy setup station for a while now, actually most things I am in the market for are out of stock. Boo
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #12566
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9
Default

Cheapskate Thanks for the info on a servo. Any help on what motor to run and ESC ? I"ve been running Nitro MT and an offroad 4x4 Slash so this on road electric is really different for me. Thanks
steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:58 PM   #12567
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,128
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
get a low profile servo, safest bet!
for what particular reason?

the type r can fit normal sized servos with no dramas
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #12568
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Yeah, no reason for a low pro servo if you have a full size laying around. I used the ace 1015 that I had on my Losi Truggy for throttle, IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!! .09 speed and 201oz/in of tq.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #12569
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1 View Post
Cheapskate Thanks for the info on a servo. Any help on what motor to run and ESC ? I"ve been running Nitro MT and an offroad 4x4 Slash so this on road electric is really different for me. Thanks

That all depends on what class you would like to run.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #12570
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9
Default

At this time I don't plan on racing. I'll probably just use it for on road,parking lots etc. but that could change if I find other's in the area.
steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0