Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

are you serious mate, you have nearly gone down to china!

better to mod the standard pulleys.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

As a general statement - No, not without modifications to the top deck. If you can find a lipo that has the connectors at the extreme sides it is possible. I cannot give you any recommendations for a specific brand in this regard as all the batteries I have bought required modifications to the top deck when using bullet connectors, maybe someone else can point you to a specific brand that will fit. Many lipos will also require modification to the bottom tray for a good fit as well as the known issues with the center pullys.

I absolutely love the layout of this car but it was put out before lipo and brushless had become firmly established and as a result it is not necessarily user friendly with this technology. Some brushless motors will not fit without issues. My Tekin will bolt in, but there was zero adjustment range for gearing adjustments until I made modifications. I have read about other problems with other motors concerning interference with the motor tabs, etc.

I wish Losi or someone else would take this platform and run with it. It would take very little effort to solve the problems and in my opinion to have a first rate car.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by calvin

I wish Losi or someone else would take this platform and run with it. It would take very little effort to solve the problems and in my opinion to have a first rate car.
+1 on keeping the JRX S Type R. All losi needs to do is make a few minor changes and fix their quality control problems and they would still be in the on-road game.

AirFlow: I don't think the rod ends are overly weak but they can break easy because there isn't much of the turnbuckle threaded into them so there is lot more leverage than one's you would use in an off-road car which are much longer. And I would rather break a 50 cent part than an arm. If you do need to fix one that cracks put some CA in the hole, thread the turnbuckle in then put a zip-tie over it and CA the edges. I set the camber by measuring the other side and adjusting only the unbroken rod end. Was a great fix for me last night and today I scraped the CA off the turnbuckle threads with a hobby knife.

My Orion 3200 fit fine with bullet connectors. Not sure if the new rocket packs have the connectors in the same location though. I have been using a dynamite 5300 25C and it fits with just some minor shaving of the case at the servo horn and top shaft pulleys. The wires are on one side so they run out under the top deck beside the servo. I only needed one battery at the meet last night, just put it on charge between heats. Man I LOVE li-po.

Last edited by BrodieMan; 11-17-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Keep forgetting the pic of my mods

I used spacers from my du-bro rod ends to move the tower back. Notice how the camber link is parallel to the hub now which gives it more room to angle back without hitting the tower. Also my rod end quick fix.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-rod-end.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

My new layout, no more left to right balance adjustments
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-layout.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

I am using Corally's 21mm long tunbuckle in the rear. The fit is much tighter, also the thread goes into the plastic longer.

Regarding batteries I think it only depends on the mods you are willing to do (battery house, tray, pulleys, bulkheads etc.). Crappy work but at least you only need to make it once correctly :-)
Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gergely
I am using Corally's 21mm long tunbuckle in the rear. The fit is much tighter, also the thread goes into the plastic longer.

Regarding batteries I think it only depends on the mods you are willing to do (battery house, tray, pulleys, bulkheads etc.). Crappy work but at least you only need to make it once correctly :-)
Thanks, going to try those corally turnbuckles as I was going to get new ones anyways to use the rear ones up front and try using a traditional ball stud instead of the JR link.

Modding my battery case freaked me out a bit, kept envisioning peircing the lipo cell and it exploding in my face But as you said you only need to do it once. well for each battery.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just a comment on the Lipo fitment issues...I use older Track Power lipos (the shiny gold cased ones) and they fit PERFECTLY. I only had to clearance the top deck ever so slightly to allow the bullet connectors a clear path to the battery.

The other packs that I know fit (because I've tried them) are the Thunder Power packs. They fit the plastic Lipo tray perfectly and the "pig-tail" leads (power on one side and balancing on the other) can be routed through the same spaces in the top deck that my bullet plugs fit through.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 11-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Many thanks guys.

@Hyper_Mike. Do you have easially accessable dimension for the Trackpower LIPO?
If I am correct this is the one you are talking about.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/trakpo...er_4900_2s.htm

So its 2mm shorter, 1mm thinner and the same height as mine. Hopefully I wont have any issues once I rebuild the Losi.

Another question.
Is the Exotek Racing top plate a worthwhile investment?

Last edited by mini696; 11-17-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini696
@Hyper_Mike. Do you have easially accessable dimension for the Trackpower LIPO?
If I am correct this is the one you are talking about.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/trakpo...er_4900_2s.htm

So its 2mm shorter, 1mm thinner and the same height as mine. Hopefully I wont have any issues once I rebuild the Losi.
I don't actually have the dimensions (I've never actually measured it) but the link you provided is the exact same battery that I use. I have 2 of the 4900 mAh ones and they fit like they were made for the Type R!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks mate, I appreciate your help.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello All,

The JRXS-R top plates are back in stock and going fast;

http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...-top-plate.cfm

Thanks!

http://www.exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_N...TOP_PLATE.html
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any word yet on when Flying Fox stuff will be in stock again?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
My new layout, no more left to right balance adjustments
any side viewed photo to see how your ESC mounted ?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's extremely close to being perfectly balanced left to right without weight added. The track I run on is low traction so this should increase my roll centre while still using low roll centre position for my hinge pins. Going to play around with front to back placement of my ESC to get 50/50 front to back balance. Right now the it's balanced at the centre of the ESC front to back.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-layout2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.