Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Thanks Mike,

I bought the FlyingFox shaft which should help with that and i will mod my stock one just in case. This car will be mostly for club racing once I get back to the US from overseas so I wanted to see what others were running. I myself prefer bullet plug lipos. The one I was thinking about is listed below..

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved
When you buy lipo's for the Losi make sure that the bullet connectors are on the far outside edge of the pack. This means you dremel less of the important topdeck material away to fit the plugs. Its important for people to remember that unlike most of the current cars which are revisions to enhance them for lipo/brushless this car is from before that time so things don't always "bolt in".
Old 11-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default turnbuckles

what turnbuckles are you guys running?

I cannot get the kit set up with close to 0 camber without the risk of a rod end popping off!

I am having to run the camber links 1 hole inner to get my required -1.5 degree camber that I like running on my TC's.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain stacker
what turnbuckles are you guys running?

I cannot get the kit set up with close to 0 camber without the risk of a rod end popping off!

I am having to run the camber links 1 hole inner to get my required -1.5 degree camber that I like running on my TC's.
Sounds like you put the hingepins in the wrong holes, they need to be on the inside set.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Need some help from Losi guys

Hey a friend of mine is racing a jrx-s in the VTA series (single cell/17.5) here and wants to go brushless. Were shooting for a final drive ratio around 3.5. I forget the company but someone makes a conversion piece to install a non losi spur gear for 15bucks. If im doing the math right 88spur, 46pin (64 pitch) gets us there. I know a type-r has no issues with brushless gearing cause a couple of guys at the track use them. Anybody have experience with this? Wondering if there is enough motor adjustment to make this work befor i buy this piece. A couple people say no but these are also guys with deep enough pockets to just buy any new car just so they dont have to deal with the small stuff.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwanaB
Hey a friend of mine is racing a jrx-s in the VTA series (single cell/17.5) here and wants to go brushless. Were shooting for a final drive ratio around 3.5. I forget the company but someone makes a conversion piece to install a non losi spur gear for 15bucks. If im doing the math right 88spur, 46pin (64 pitch) gets us there. I know a type-r has no issues with brushless gearing cause a couple of guys at the track use them. Anybody have experience with this? Wondering if there is enough motor adjustment to make this work befor i buy this piece. A couple people say no but these are also guys with deep enough pockets to just buy any new car just so they dont have to deal with the small stuff.
PRS has an adapter.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Sounds like you put the hingepins in the wrong holes, they need to be on the inside set.
yes I am on the outside holes.

on building the kit, it does not specify which holes so just assumed it was the outer holes from the diagrams. Its not until you get to the end of the build, where it has the kit's setup sheet that it tells you which roll center it is.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwanaB
If the one you seek fits on the type-R, I will have one available for you. It will have to wait until I receive the FF layshaft that I ordered..
Old 11-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new street price

still $200 at horizonhobby

anyone think the price will even go lower during the holiday season?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
still $200 at horizonhobby

anyone think the price will even go lower during the holiday season?
Where are you seeing it on Horizon's site because I was going to order another one but it is no longer listed. The word is it is discontinued and that seems to be the case although I can't find verification on Losi or Horizons site.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Where are you seeing it on Horizon's site because I was going to order another one but it is no longer listed. The word is it is discontinued and that seems to be the case although I can't find verification on Losi or Horizons site.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSK0256

Discontinued

RIP the Losi we all knew and loved...
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheSteve
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSK0256

Discontinued

RIP the Losi we all knew and loved...
Old 11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

The chassis may be discontinued but are they still making parts?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

they still make parts for the xxx-s, so I gather parts for the jrx-s will be hugely supported as well
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They are still making parts, just can't be bothered to put all of them in a box with some stickers and a manual
Old 11-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

just an fyi, only place I found that doesn't show "out of stock" or have a price tag over $400

http://www.polyperformance.com/rc/Lo...6-p-27333.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.