R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #12421
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The shrink tubing on the LCD's was not working to well for me, the pins would not stay flush with the coupling so I tried out regular shrink tubing today and it worked perfectly. I used Du-Bro 3/16" tubing, stretched it with pliers to fit over the coupling than shrank it, trimmed it and added another piece over that. The pins aren't budging at all now.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #12422
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
The shrink tubing on the LCD's was not working to well for me, the pins would not stay flush with the coupling so I tried out regular shrink tubing today and it worked perfectly. I used Du-Bro 3/16" tubing, stretched it with pliers to fit over the coupling than shrank it, trimmed it and added another piece over that. The pins aren't budging at all now.
Stock tubing that comes with them works fine, you just need to cut it with over hang before you shrink it. After you shrink it you can trim it so it does not come in contact with the C hub when turning . I never had an issue using the stock shrink tubing.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #12423
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I had two pins pushing out with the stock tubing and I was concerned that it was going to dig into the coupling similar to how my XXX4 cvd's did. Regular shrink tube is working great so far and it's always in stock at my LHS.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:16 AM   #12424
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

guys, my LCD pins bind against the dog bone's blades, as a result it's freaking stiff! That is totally unusable!!

Help?

Thanks!
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #12425
Tech Master
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Dirt sucks!
Posts: 1,584
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
guys, my LCD pins bind against the dog bone's blades, as a result it's freaking stiff! That is totally unusable!!

Help?

Thanks!
Are you are talking about the pin inside the diff outdrive? If so, pop the outdrive out of the diff tube and sand slightly just enough to open the slot up.
__________________
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #12426
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

nope, not the diff outdrives. Am i experiencing an isolated case here? basically what am trying to say is my dogbones seem to bind the LCD's pin. Any way around this? thanks!
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #12427
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I had the same issue, the manual lists a slightly different pin for the LCD's but mine were the same as the hex pins. I ran a few packs running tight turns and being easy on the throttle. I checked the pins constantly and pushed them back in as needed. Now they have "broken" in and are working fine. I was going to sand down the dog bone opening but didn't want to over do it and cause some slop. Wish I could say the car went together perfectly but I have had a few minor issues to sort out before I had everything working perfectly. Had my first real shakedown with the car yesterday and was very pleased with how it ran. Supper fast, easy to handle and has great acceleration. You can really get on the throttle quickly with this car. And that's with only a ruler to set it up!! Can't wait to get my set up station and really dial it in. Now that I have done four or five rebuilds and know the car pretty well I have had no issues and am really happy I bought this car. If I had paid MSRP for the car maybe not as happy but for $200 I can live with a few minor build issues.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE

Last edited by BrodieMan; 11-05-2010 at 01:37 PM.
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #12428
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

just finished my build, lucky I ordered 2 kits, as I needed parts as there were 3x parts that were doubled up, which meant 3 correct parts had to be robbed from the extra kit. Losi need to good kick in the head as their QC sucks , lets not get started in my offroad losi cars

I cannot even fit a 46mm wide IP3800 lipo in, as the 3 small screws that hold the drive pulley in place are 'raised' due to the countersink holes not deep enough. I dont know what you guys are doing, grind the heads flat, or deepen the countersunk holes.

so back on the shelf until my FF layshaft arrives.

Very disappointing Losi!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #12429
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

The drive pulleys fit together quite tightly, maybe you don't the hub completely pushed in?? I used a hex driver to line up the holes when putting them together so the holes lined up then threaded the screws 3/4 down. Then I squeezed them together all the way together with fingers. Might be that the holes aren't lined up perfectly and not allowing you to fully tighten the screws??? I agree about the QC for this kit, maybe that's why they are selling them at such a reduced price now??
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE

Last edited by BrodieMan; 11-05-2010 at 01:50 PM.
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #12430
Tech Master
 
padailey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Posts: 1,603
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
just finished my build, lucky I ordered 2 kits, as I needed parts as there were 3x parts that were doubled up, which meant 3 correct parts had to be robbed from the extra kit. Losi need to good kick in the head as their QC sucks , lets not get started in my offroad losi cars

I cannot even fit a 46mm wide IP3800 lipo in, as the 3 small screws that hold the drive pulley in place are 'raised' due to the countersink holes not deep enough. I dont know what you guys are doing, grind the heads flat, or deepen the countersunk holes.

so back on the shelf until my FF layshaft arrives.

Very disappointing Losi!
Hmmm I have a IP3800 in mine. Screws were not an issue but there were some nubs I had to knock off the battery side of the pulley so it would not rub.
__________________
www.hobbyplexraceway.com

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #12431
Tech Addict
 
outtafocus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 596
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Picked up my 2 kits from the LHS today.

They said they were looking into more kits and Horizon shows no more in stock.
I hope that's not the end of the supply.
I just checked the Horizon site, it now shows as discontinued.

I went to order 2 Exotek upper decks the other day, but they were also back ordered.

Is everyone using only Losi brand springs? I was looking to see if my collection of Yokomo and Rayspeed springs could work, but the Losi springs seem quite small in comparison.
__________________
www.rcdepot.ca-Hobbywing-Tekno-TLR-Brass Knuckle Brush Worx
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #12432
Tech Master
 
crabboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default

Yep losi springs are the only way to go, 17lb front and 15lb rear

Rhys

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
Picked up my 2 kits from the LHS today.

They said they were looking into more kits and Horizon shows no more in stock.
I hope that's not the end of the supply.
I just checked the Horizon site, it now shows as discontinued.

I went to order 2 Exotek upper decks the other day, but they were also back ordered.

Is everyone using only Losi brand springs? I was looking to see if my collection of Yokomo and Rayspeed springs could work, but the Losi springs seem quite small in comparison.
__________________
Rhys Marshall.
crabboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #12433
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,126
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
The drive pulleys fit together quite tightly, maybe you don't the hub completely pushed in?? I used a hex driver to line up the holes when putting them together so the holes lined up then threaded the screws 3/4 down. Then I squeezed them together all the way together with fingers. Might be that the holes aren't lined up perfectly and not allowing you to fully tighten the screws??? I agree about the QC for this kit, maybe that's why they are selling them at such a reduced price now??
no they are all the way in, and all lined up properly
Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
Hmmm I have a IP3800 in mine. Screws were not an issue but there were some nubs I had to knock off the battery side of the pulley so it would not rub.
the screws are only raised about 0.5mm higher than it should, I'm going to get the dremel out and shave off the heads until flat. Just a pain to having to dremel ANY new kit. Should fit together without any hassles!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #12434
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
I had the same issue, the manual lists a slightly different pin for the LCD's but mine were the same as the hex pins. I ran a few packs running tight turns and being easy on the throttle.
Man, I don't wanna break anything. It's like a solid axle! Dammit, I'll see if I can get some substitutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I cannot even fit a 46mm wide IP3800 lipo in, as the 3 small screws that hold the drive pulley in place are 'raised' due to the countersink holes not deep enough. I dont know what you guys are doing, grind the heads flat, or deepen the countersunk holes.
Grind the hard case. Yeah I know, disappointing

Extremely nice to look at tho (the car!)
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #12435
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

So that's it for the JRX-S Type R
Parts should be available for quite some time from what I have read on this thread. Just glad I got in on the great deal before they discontinued it. Suppose it was only a matter of time before before Gil Losi Jr's cars were phased out. Wonder if they will ever be able to to produce anything equal to his designs??? I seriously doubt it. Been a Losi owner for 18yrs and will keep with my XXX4 and JRX-S Type R for a while longer, than I will be moving on.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0