R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #1216
Tech Adept

Hello guys,

I've heard from my supplier that they are expecting the JRX-S Type R to be available in the 2nd week of December
I had to confirm my order for two kits and I did so off course.

I have had experience with this supplier before and until now the info I get from him has always been right on.

So I hope to have mine before Christmas and race before 2007
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #1217
Tech Regular

So, any ideas when the one-way for the Type R will be out? It would be great if its released around the time the kit is. Us rubber tire carpet racers would be most appreciative. Or could the front motor car's one-way be modified to work on the Type R? I assume you would just need to flip the one-way bearing around in the one one-way tube? Is that possible to do yourself? Just curious. Stuff to think about while waiting for the new toy to show up on my doorstep.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #1218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you were to use the old 1 way in the new car, you would have to use short lcds as well then. Best bet is to wait for the new 1 way.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 AM   #1219
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
So, any ideas when the one-way for the Type R will be out? It would be great if its released around the time the kit is. Us rubber tire carpet racers would be most appreciative. Or could the front motor car's one-way be modified to work on the Type R? I assume you would just need to flip the one-way bearing around in the one one-way tube? Is that possible to do yourself? Just curious. Stuff to think about while waiting for the new toy to show up on my doorstep.

The oneway will be out right around the time of the release of the car. You can not use the FE oneway as the bearings would be backwards in the Type R.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #1220
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
The oneway will be out right around the time of the release of the car. You can not use the FE oneway as the bearings would be backwards in the Type R.
Thanks Todd and Mike. Yeah, I know you can't just drop the old one-way in as it would be backwards. That's why I was wondering if you could just flip the bearings in the tube around. However, I'm sure that would require tools I don't have. But it doesn't matter since you said the one-way should be out about the same time as the car (Yeaaah! ). Us rubber tire carpet racers (the few, the proud ) thank you. Now hurry up and ship those kits! Can't wait to get this thing.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #1221
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Thanks Todd and Mike. Yeah, I know you can't just drop the old one-way in as it would be backwards. That's why I was wondering if you could just flip the bearings in the tube around. However, I'm sure that would require tools I don't have. But it doesn't matter since you said the one-way should be out about the same time as the car (Yeaaah! ). Us rubber tire carpet racers (the few, the proud ) thank you. Now hurry up and ship those kits! Can't wait to get this thing.

No those bearings have a very good press fit. It is nearly impossible to do that.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #1222
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
No those bearings have a very good press fit. It is nearly impossible to do that.
That's cool. I figured it be tough (if possible). Like I said, absolutly no reason to try now that I know the Type R one-way will be out quick. Thanks for humoring a bored engineer's ramblings.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #1223
Tech Elite

Hey Todd, just a reminder to be sure and post some foam and rubber set-ups when the car gets here. I can't wait to go spank some butt with the new car!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #1224
Tech Elite

So where is our weekly Dumas car reports??? C'mon Mike let us in on whats new or how its been going. Toastie told me a couple weekends ago that he thought he had his 007 had something for ya! LOL I told him that him that he had his work cut out for him trying to catch the Type-R!!! LMAO

Brant
Shat Stirer
B-Main Motorsports

Old 11-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #1225
Tech Adept

Default At the Gate until Wed then off to the champs

Hello all,

I have been absent from the internet scene for some time now, but I am back now. I will be practicing at the gate in Ohio until wed. I will be on here throughout the next week or so keeping everyone updated on how the Losi crew will be doing at the US Indoor Champs. Those attending the Thanksgiving race will be Andrew Grey, Paul C., Kevin Hubert, Craig Xavier, Mark Smyka and Mike Hanes. Any othrs i may have forgotten, sorry. Check back periodically through the week for updates...
Mike Dumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #1226
Tech Elite

What.....no Keith B.??

OR

No love for Keith B.!!! LMAO

Brant

Old 11-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #1227
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
Hello all,

I have been absent from the internet scene for some time now, but I am back now. I will be practicing at the gate in Ohio until wed. I will be on here throughout the next week or so keeping everyone updated on how the Losi crew will be doing at the US Indoor Champs. Those attending the Thanksgiving race will be Andrew Grey, Paul C., Kevin Hubert, Craig Xavier, Mark Smyka and Mike Hanes. Any othrs i may have forgotten, sorry. Check back periodically through the week for updates...

You might have to repair your xxxcr when you get back. Sorry buddy. Oh yea , and your table and chair and shelves may be gone. We left the computer , no worries. And you need to pay your bill in the B.T.D.........

PS. Are you on the email list yet?

Quincy
H8W8IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #1228
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gsracer

sorry if this question has been asked are all the bearings the same as jrxs

good luck at clevland
gsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #1229
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer
sorry if this question has been asked are all the bearings the same as jrxs

good luck at clevland

The bearings inside the diff and the steering bearings are different. All the others are the same.

Brant

Old 11-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #1230
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to VoneS3Kid

Peter Jovanovic just took out the 2006 Australian Nationals with a team losi JRXS-R..Thats gotta tell ya something (mind you..i think its the driver)