R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #11956
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Blue Screw

whats that bolted to the chassis behind the front pulley?
XRAY~RCAMERICA~HUDY~SRC~MURNAN MODS
Blue Screw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #11957
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Sometimes I just love being wrong!
Greg i have been married 15years i am wrong all the time lol
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #11958
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
Yes thatīs a McLaren F1 GTR shorttail. Thatīs my personal favourite racecar ever, but just the shorttail version. That livery is typical Gulf design.
The picture is very old I think this was from a FIA GT series race or from the BPR series. Also at Le Mans the Gulf car was used.
Here you can see pictures from the F1 GTR Gulf also from the F1 GTR Harrods which also was quite popular.
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/3...en-F1-GTR.html
There is a much better website somewhere but I lost the link.
Thanks, the colors are tickling my brain but i really don't remember seeing them before, hmm i think i may have to paint up a body for my shelf queen. The Mclaren is my dream car before i die i'd like to drive one hahaha.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #11959
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I already have a casing design drawn up, that would take the Spec R internals and outdrives, and fit the standard car fine. Would only need to cut away the eccentric holder.

The biggest issue we have, is that the pulley needs to transfer drive to the outer casing to get it too work, and unfortuantly, on the typeR, the two are seperated by a bulkhead. However, I've managed to overcome this with a three piece case design, so the pulley can still mount up fine, and it can be removed from the car.

Now just need to try and get it made...

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Pics of the gear diff casing....

Pulley mount is splined onto the right hand casing part, held in place with a E-Clip.

Driveshaft outdrives run through the tubes, and would be the same items as supplied with a Xray Spec-R diff.

I'm already investigating getting some made, just it's taking time...

Ed
Interesting design... Just keep in mind that you if you cut the eccentric then you will have one side that "floats". Keep in mind that it is one side of the eccentric that is clamped by the bulkhead so you would need to rejoin the the two halfs of the eccentric in some way to keep them lined up.

At the moment Pablo is looking at a revised layout to better distribute the kit weight of the car. The idea is to move motor and batter forward so the rest of the electronics are in the center of the car. A side effect to this would be swapping the layshaft to behind the motor. This would allow us to drop in a modified version of an existing gear diff (new outdrives to fit bearings and swingshafts) which runs the belt between the bulkheads.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #11960
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Screw View Post
whats that bolted to the chassis behind the front pulley?

I think it was mentioned by Lucas (Euro's last year) that it is a belt guard to prevent the servo wire from coming into contact with the belt.
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #11961
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggy Master View Post
+1000. if someone makes a gear diff, i will definitely buy it.

Glad to see you still have on-road on your mind.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #11962
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
This is Lucas Urbainīs car from the worlds. This is the version what worked best for him. In the beginning he had to use different Lipo what required changing the top deck as his Lipo batteries werenīt IFMAR approved.
Later he got some new GM-Racing Lipo what were lower so he could use his special top deck again.

Interesting to see he needed to add weight to the esc/left side of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_0630_3.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #11963
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Thanks, the colors are tickling my brain but i really don't remember seeing them before, hmm i think i may have to paint up a body for my shelf queen. The Mclaren is my dream car before i die i'd like to drive one hahaha.
Today I found this interesting website http://www.racingsportscars.com/type.../F1%20GTR.html
Here you can see all of the races where the F1 GTR was used including informations on chassis#, drivers, teams, results and others. Also maybe you can see some livery you never saw before. As you can see here there were 2 different Gulf designs but just chassis# 12 and 15 are sporting the real Gulf design in my opinion.

Well if you want driving a F1 GTR you have to spend about one million Euros, if you ever find someone who wants selling one.
There are people who own 2 or 3 of them but all in all there were just 28 chassis made.

The F1 GTR also would be my dreamcar but as I have not that one million Euros I bought two 1:18 diecast cars from UT Models what were made some years ago. They look pretty good, of course one is the #12R Gulf Racing car the other the #03R red/white one from West Competition.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #11964
Tech Fanatic

Haven't read this thread for a while as imperial screw just dont work at my place. I just curious what's going on recently and click in... found out...

Gosh, TryHard is doing JRXS-R? Ok maybe I need to read through some pages...

And than I read there is metric screw set for JRXS-R? How did that work? imperial thread with metric hex hole? Bcz I don't think u can force-thread alum bulkhead.

Always like JRXS-R design, but imperial screw just don't work at my place.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #11965
Tech Elite

yes, rcscrewz makes a metric conversion. I was going to carry some but i didn't think anyone really cared . I'll have to get some listed on the site for you. In the mean time you can special order them through me as no where else really stocks them for the type-r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso View Post
Haven't read this thread for a while as imperial screw just dont work at my place. I just curious what's going on recently and click in... found out...

Gosh, TryHard is doing JRXS-R? Ok maybe I need to read through some pages...

And than I read there is metric screw set for JRXS-R? How did that work? imperial thread with metric hex hole? Bcz I don't think u can force-thread alum bulkhead.

Always like JRXS-R design, but imperial screw just don't work at my place.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #11966
Tech Fanatic

Heavy edit...

I read through rcscrewz website still cant finger out what metric conversion screw set is.

So, it's full metric screws with proper size to replace all imperial screws?
How about re-tapping the alum parts? Using tapping tool to DIY?
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #11967
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone received any goods recently from Paul at Flying Fox? I placed an order for a Layshaft on the 19th of May, after several weeks and a few unanswered emails I sent him a PM mid June about the whereabouts of my Layshaft, he explained he had been a little behind with Flying Fox and would send my Layshaft the next day. Its now nearly another month on and have still not received anything. I have sent several more PMs but I have not received any reply.

Sorry to post this here but seeing as I can't get an response on email or PM i'd just thought i'd see if anyone else is experiencing problems or may know what the hold up may be?

Steve Lissamore
Steve_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #11968
Tech Elite

Unfortunately it's a re-tap. I'm curious how this will work though. I wonder how it will stretch the parts out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttso View Post
Heavy edit...

I read through rcscrewz website still cant finger out what metric conversion screw set is.

So, it's full metric screws with proper size to replace all imperial screws?
How about re-tapping the alum parts? Using tapping tool to DIY?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #11969
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Unfortunately it's a re-tap. I'm curious how this will work though. I wonder how it will stretch the parts out.

Re-tap as in drill out to the correct tap drill size then thread it with the new tap? I hope so, but that is making some of the walls rather thin though & not a very good idea with some of the parts.
flyintrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 AM   #11970
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_L View Post
Has anyone received any goods recently from Paul at Flying Fox? I placed an order for a Layshaft on the 19th of May, after several weeks and a few unanswered emails I sent him a PM mid June about the whereabouts of my Layshaft, he explained he had been a little behind with Flying Fox and would send my Layshaft the next day. Its now nearly another month on and have still not received anything. I have sent several more PMs but I have not received any reply.

Sorry to post this here but seeing as I can't get an response on email or PM i'd just thought i'd see if anyone else is experiencing problems or may know what the hold up may be?

Steve Lissamore
he does disappear on tours as he is a tour guide but he should have got back to you. unless he did post and there was a postage problem!! but he should reply to you some time tomorrow as he reads this thread a lot.
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote