Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
Any chance of posting that setup? Either one of you.
Here you go:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jackson 5 29.pdf (221.6 KB, 231 views)
Old 06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
I got one of these chassis as well. I wonder what the deal is with these things?? Nice to have it, I am going to try it on carpet, just running regular 2.75mm for outdoors.

I am thinking it might even work well outdoors with a top deck gutted to hell.
That's my theory too... I got a 3.1ish chassis plate on my latest kit (yes I now have 2 typeR's ). Cut out the top deck, Urbain style, and have put it on the car, and now feels quite good when flexing by hand... I also figure that as most of our tracks for the nationals in the UK are pretty large, a stiffer chassis should help with the keeping the corner speed up a little...

Ed
Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia
We managed to finish 1-2 with our Type R's against the latest cars from Top and Xray, and against some great drivers too like Fairtrace and Schreffler who once wheeled Type R's to some really big wins. The lap times really tell the story, Mike had hotlap for the day and I had hotlap for the A main.
I believe that the chassis layout offers more potential than the current crop of look a likes. As long as losi is the only chassis with this advantage it will continue to be strong against the rest until someone truly does improve on the design.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nice!
Two race winning setups from two top drivers.
You can't ask for much more.

I can personally tell you all that these cars were HOOKED up.

Donny/Mike
Traction went away quite a bit at night.
Did you guys adjust anything before the main from these setups?

Or I guess a better question would be if traction were to increase significantly,what would be the 1st thing you would adjust on this setup?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Donny and Mike.

Thanks for the setups and good to see some top class US drivers coming back. Why the Xray springs and also why even different styles of Xray springs?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skodes
Appologies if this has been asked previously, but has anyone ever had any issue fitting the latest bulkier sized LiPo's into the JRX-S?

Considering buying a big 5400mAh+ capacity pack which stands a good 25mm tall and also thinking of swapping to JRX-S at the same time.

Any help appreciated, cheers!

Stu
Originally Posted by TryHard
Stu,

Stick with the 5000mah's... the 5400's being taller really struggle to fit, the main issue being the position of the centre layshaft. Simply put, it's too low to fit 25mm tall LiPo's, even using a thinner battery tray, and dremelling the bulkhead as close as possible to the bearing holder... only other option is to space up the bulkheads, but given the issues with geometry changes this introduces, for me thats not an option...!

HiH
Ed
I've been running the 5400 25c Fantom/Thunderpower for more than a year now and they fit fine, the 5600 50c IP also fit fine no dremeling needed.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Nice!
Two race winning setups from two top drivers.
You can't ask for much more.

I can personally tell you all that these cars were HOOKED up.

Donny/Mike
Traction went away quite a bit at night.
Did you guys adjust anything before the main from these setups?

Or I guess a better question would be if traction were to increase significantly,what would be the 1st thing you would adjust on this setup?
We tried a bunch of little stuff thoughout the day, mainly rear toe and spring adjustements. Our cars would have been insane had the track not thrown everyone a curveball, never before has the track gotten .5 a lap slower at night, everyone had a large push.

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Donny and Mike.

Thanks for the setups and good to see some top class US drivers coming back. Why the Xray springs and also why even different styles of Xray springs?
The xray springs in my opinion make the car carry better cornerspeed, the 2.2 in the rear is the softest spring i could find, however its way too soft for the front. It has a different coil style that makes it much softer then the colored set, just lets the car set and rotate nicely.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Probably the the 17 front and 12 rear would be close, but it is a different feel so id try to get a hold of the springs.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
The xray springs in my opinion make the car carry better cornerspeed, the 2.2 in the rear is the softest spring i could find, however its way too soft for the front. It has a different coil style that makes it much softer then the colored set, just lets the car set and rotate nicely.
What about 2.4 or 2.6 Xrays in the front as oppossed the colored one you used?

Crazy thing is the Xray guys like to use HPI spring because they carry more corner speed than the Xrays!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Many thanks for the battery help guys, much appreciated.

...I had my eye on the 50C Intellect pack, so that's handy to know. Cheers YmeBP.

Stu
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My freshly arrived chassis plate is 2.85mm. The previous one that got hammered was a 3.12mm, and the one on my other R is 3.05mm.... Hmmmm

Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

I had tried the laser series and the hpi up front. They all respond differently and for my tatstes the xray colors up front and laser rear was ideal. The hpi felt to abrupt but it is always a tuning option. The losi like to be sprung softer then the xray since it has less side to side weight transfer
Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

The Losi springs have always worked for me........
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
The losi like to be sprung softer then the xray since it has less side to side weight transfer
Its funny you say that cause I made that same assumption and had no luck. The usual rates just worked better... It might just be a better match for my driving style too...

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Ditto...
Old 06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Not saying they dont work, just saying its worth a try to make your car even better

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.