R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #11791
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did Mike Haynes ran a losi at that race?
http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/haynes-...eep-challenge/
Old 05-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #11792
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@UNE View Post
Did Mike Haynes ran a losi at that race?
http://www.redrc.net/2010/05/haynes-...eep-challenge/
Yes
Old 05-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #11793
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
although I do understand why you guys own type r's, what I dont understand is, if this battery and motor down the middle is the absolute best layout for a touring car, then why dont the other major manufacturers bring out new cars with the lipo down the middle?

Where are the losi's in the big meets? Is it cos they dont have a 'team' anymore?

are there any guys who currently run a losi, who have come from tamiya/xray background? How do they compare?
I've gone the other way (Losi to Xray). This is only due to the lack of support over here in the UK for the model. It looks though this is being sorted this year with the Horizon Hobby team doing the BRCA Nats.

I've found the Xray to be a bit more controllable outdoors however the Losi is massively quicker indoors. I think the issue outdoors is probably more down to fewer setups and driver knowledge on our UK tracks.

The car is in the cupboard and is more than likely going to make a re-appearance sometime soon. It's nice to see continuing development on the design and parts though.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #11794
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
although I do understand why you guys own type r's, what I dont understand is, if this battery and motor down the middle is the absolute best layout for a touring car, then why dont the other major manufacturers bring out new cars with the lipo down the middle?

Where are the losi's in the big meets? Is it cos they dont have a 'team' anymore?

are there any guys who currently run a losi, who have come from tamiya/xray background? How do they compare?
I have no doubt it just comes down to Losi not getting behind any TC racers. The top pro TC racers are all on deals with the brands that still sponsor and support on road.

What Lucas Urbain did last year at the Euro's should be enough proof to convince anyone the car is capable. It punches above its weight here in Oz too thanks to Dragonfire.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #11795
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I have no doubt it just comes down to Losi not getting behind any TC racers. The top pro TC racers are all on deals with the brands that still sponsor and support on road.

What Lucas Urbain did last year at the Euro's should be enough proof to convince anyone the car is capable. It punches above its weight here in Oz too thanks to Dragonfire.
I see in your sig that you run both the t3 and losi.

I'm currently running a t2.

What does the t3 do better or differently that the losi doesnt do, or vice versa?
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #11796
Tech Regular

The T4 will be out soon anyway...
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #11797
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
In the meantime I have being doing a very simple mod to my diffs recently and it is producing very good results. Attached is a picture of the diff hub with a layer of heatshrink covering the groves that the swingshaft fits in. Its the same size as what I used on the uni's and so far is doubling the life of my diffs. The picture below is from a dirty track after a two day meet. I have also used a little grease on the heatshrink its slef as I am a little paranoid that it may rub the inside of the diff tube.

Is this a mod to prevent dirt from from getting in ?

My biggest complaint with the rear diff is that the diff hub is made out of plastic, imo, I think that they should of had an alum. option for this part.
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #11798
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
Is this a mod to prevent dirt from from getting in ?

My biggest complaint with the rear diff is that the diff hub is made out of plastic, imo, I think that they should of had an alum. option for this part.
Thanks.
Actually I think that would be a step backwards. From my exp the plastic outdrives offer the lowest friction to suspenion movement. All other systems reduce the performance vs the plastic/delrin outdrives which is most noticeable at the front end (steering).

Anyway my simple mod was to keep dirt out of the diff... it works ok...