R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #11581
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Anyone know where I can get the cooling fans that fit on top of the motor??........ Love to run the dual fans of the car pictured above.

Thanks!!
Alex,I just ordered these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muchmore-Racing-...item335b41a5a6

Just about burnt up that 21.5 last weekend .
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #11582
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,949
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
The bulkheads are made for any 25mm fan, which I think MuchMore makes, ask Kitchen, he's got some.


Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Alex,I just ordered these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muchmore-Racing-...item335b41a5a6

Just about burnt up that 21.5 last weekend .

Thanks for the info Guys!!.......... Just ordered 2 fans from Stormer's and some spur gears....... Getting my Type R in tip top shape and ready for outdoor action.
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #11583
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Hey All, looking to get a JRXSR and without going through this LARGE thread could anybody provide some quick links to the mods or part changes you'd suggest before I run it. I'll be racing VTA on outdoor concrete with the 25.5/Havoc Pro and 2s Lipo. I'd like to use the ball diff and spool in front as they seem to do best on our track designs. The one way is useless. I'm using the Zippy 4000 hardcase packs which are pretty small and have the banana and balance plugs on top at one end.
Already aware of the Flying Fox and PRS parts but interested more in the factory parts that probably should be upgraded or specific mods that would make it stronger or easier to work on. Thanks !!!
This is one of the rare cars that doesn't need much of anything to make it 100% race ready. Beyond the Flyingfox layshaft, a couple McMasterCarr thrust bearing(s) for the diff(s) and maybe a set of swaybars is all I've ever needed for asphalt, carpet, TC, VTA, etc.... Great all purpose car that' inexpensive to run. But if you really want to make the car faster, you'll have to anodize all the aluminum iridescent green.
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #11584
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Hey All, looking to get a JRXSR and without going through this LARGE thread could anybody provide some quick links to the mods or part changes you'd suggest before I run it. I'll be racing VTA on outdoor concrete with the 25.5/Havoc Pro and 2s Lipo. I'd like to use the ball diff and spool in front as they seem to do best on our track designs. The one way is useless. I'm using the Zippy 4000 hardcase packs which are pretty small and have the banana and balance plugs on top at one end.
Already aware of the Flying Fox and PRS parts but interested more in the factory parts that probably should be upgraded or specific mods that would make it stronger or easier to work on. Thanks !!!
That is the kicker, years after the car was introduced you STILL don't need much to be competitive! I'd +1 greg, the mcmaster thrusts reduce maintenance (same for ANY touring car diff tho), and the sway bars help you slow weight xfer, other than that the only thing i'd even suggest would be stainless screws because they look nice and a fifth body mount becuase it keeps the body from cracking at the wheel wells better (comes in the kit install it!!). Oh and a parma hard bumper it helps save your front end.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #11585
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

But if you really want to make the car faster, you'll have to anodize all the aluminum iridescent green

+1
You need to post a pic of that thing Sharpe.

Do you think I should pop on the bars for Jackson?
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #11586
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Anyone know where I can get the cooling fans that fit on top of the motor??........ Love to run the dual fans of the car pictured above.

Thanks!!
hi,

found these fan setups while browsing the speedtech website:

speedtechrc.com/store/ebproduct.asp?catmainid=792

i was personally looking at the r1 wurks pro dual.
platypus_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #11587
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
This is one of the rare cars that doesn't need much of anything to make it 100% race ready. Beyond the Flyingfox layshaft, a couple McMasterCarr thrust bearing(s) for the diff(s) and maybe a set of swaybars is all I've ever needed for asphalt, carpet, TC, VTA, etc.... Great all purpose car that' inexpensive to run. But if you really want to make the car faster, you'll have to anodize all the aluminum iridescent green.
Well if Greg Sharpe says the car has to be green then so be it !! Just bought one off the classifieds. So where's your source for anodising and what kind of money we talkin. Let me know by PM if you'd like. And yes...I'm serious. I'm gonna hold you to that "faster" comment though.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #11588
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

whats so special about the flyingfox layshaft?
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #11589
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,889
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
whats so special about the flyingfox layshaft?
It allows you to run bigger lipos without modding and you can run any spur
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #11590
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
It allows you to run bigger lipos without modding and you can run any spur
thanks for the quick reply

what is the biggest lipo you can fit with the standard losi set up?

And with the standard layshaft, are you only restricted in using losi spurs?
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #11591
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
thanks for the quick reply

what is the biggest lipo you can fit with the standard losi set up?

And with the standard layshaft, are you only restricted in using losi spurs?
Not sure what the absolute biggest Lipo is, but I ran the TP 5000mAh 40C with 1mm spacers inside the pulleys on the stock layshaft until I got the FlyingFox layshaft.

The stock layshaft and right side pulley only accept Losi spurs (which are great IMO), but you can add a PRS spur gear adaptor to run any other spur. But quite frankly, the FlyingFox layshaft is just plain better because on top of allowing you to run any spur and fit bigger lipos, it's built in pulley also runs a bit more true.
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #11592
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
But if you really want to make the car faster, you'll have to anodize all the aluminum iridescent green
+1
You need to post a pic of that thing Sharpe.
Do you think I should pop on the bars for Jackson?
If I remember correctly, Fairtree and the Schreffinator would run a front swaybar at Jackson, and I always had good results with just a front bar as well (although that was mostly in VTA).


Notice the multi-colored shocks. Re-anodizing parts changes their dimensions ever so slightly, and my all green shock setup wouldn't stay threaded together.
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #11593
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Looks even better in person!
Sweeeet.

Why are you showing everyone your super secret/super fast 2wd setup?
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #11594
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Greg, thanks for the PM. The green looks great !!! I do actually have a legitimate reason for interest in that color.
Although if it makes you feel better I can tell everybody that you said it would make me faster !!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #11595
Tech Elite
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
whats so special about the flyingfox layshaft?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve eaves View Post
It allows you to run bigger lipos without modding and you can run any spur
Takes a good bit of slop out of that part of the car too. If you run mod you can use more than 2 screws to prevent your spur from flexing under load.
__________________
www.skyrocketracing.com quality RC gear!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/555071-2011-skyrocket-invitational-blue-diamond-raceway-october-15-16-a.html <- Great race!
YmeBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0