R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM   #11491
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ld896 View Post
Hello i am new to this forum but might be interesed in ur car can u post pictures or a link to wer ur selling it. Thank you
I'll shoot you a PM with a link to the thread for the last one I have available. Give me a few minutes to write it out.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #11492
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rinkrat99

Any tip on how to get the PRS Spur Adapter to seat properly and allow the e-clip to fit?

I think my adapter is set firmly in place and it was a bear to get that seated.

Any hints

Thanks
rinkrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #11493
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkrat99 View Post
Any tip on how to get the PRS Spur Adapter to seat properly and allow the e-clip to fit?

I think my adapter is set firmly in place and it was a bear to get that seated.

Any hints

Thanks
try a shorter pin.

da john wee
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #11494
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
try a shorter pin.

da john wee
Or just grind the pin down that you have now for it so it fits in the slot on the adapter. I have had to do it on everyone I ever had.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #11495
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default new to JRXS-R

I just bought my first JRXS-R (thanks Greg Sharpe). I will be running 17.5 rubber with this. This thread is great with a ton of good info.

Mike
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #11496
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
I just bought my first JRXS-R (thanks Greg Sharpe). I will be running 17.5 rubber with this. This thread is great with a ton of good info.

Mike
mike,
you have just got in my eyes the best tc ever made.
you will like this car...and if you got sharpes carpet rubber car you shouldnt have to change to much on it...lol
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #11497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anybody have the info to get those alu out drives ? It was talked about pages back on here but i cant find it.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #11498
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyebmx View Post
Anybody have the info to get those alu out drives ? It was talked about pages back on here but i cant find it.
Send me a PM, i will help you!
Bye
Rouge711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #11499
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Carefull with the aluminum diff side outdrive. I mgyvered something to be a little stronger and ended up snapping the LCD collar. The holes are very close to the edge of the steel and the steel isn't very strong. I was tempted to try the Xray spring steel LCD collar as it looks suspicously similar to the Losi one .

I think it's been mentioned here a couple of times but when you strenghten one component you are putting stress on another and sometimes the component can't handle the stress good for instance is aluminum c hubs and steering knuckles on a tc5 you do that upgrade then you start breaking servo savers, get an alumnium servo saver and you break servo gears .
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #11500
Tech Elite

For sure-just keep on finding the next weak link. My out drive didnt last long with the FF spool. My times dropped a lot with the spool, so its a must where I run. I've got the set screws in a la da john wee. I went to the track and drove 4 batteries today and it still seems perfect. I've got my fingers crossed, but figured it wouldnt be a bad thing to have some alu drives handy in case......
Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #11501
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
For sure-just keep on finding the next weak link. My out drive didnt last long with the FF spool. My times dropped a lot with the spool, so its a must where I run. I've got the set screws in a la da john wee. I went to the track and drove 4 batteries today and it still seems perfect. I've got my fingers crossed, but figured it wouldnt be a bad thing to have some alu drives handy in case......
I broke an outdrive the first time I put mine on the track with the FF spool and then did the set screw mod and havent had any more problems there, but now when I hit something hard in the front I brake the LCD's. I guess I just need to not hit anything huh!
Gwoodrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #11502
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoodrc View Post
I broke an outdrive the first time I put mine on the track with the FF spool and then did the set screw mod and havent had any more problems there, but now when I hit something hard in the front I brake the LCD's. I guess I just need to not hit anything huh!
Glad my Idea helped you guys, since I done that mod I no longer have problems after 50++ packs ran so far. sharing my ideas is small payback I can do for our type-R community ppl.

in case someone wondering what we talking about here is da link to it
http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/09/front-spool-mod.html

have a good racing!

da john wee~
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #11503
Tech Elite

After 4 packs worth of practice yesterday, then a full race night tonight..... nothing broken! Plus, the outdrives with the set screws seem as tight as when I first did it. Thanks da john wee!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #11504
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Lipo's Revisited...2010

Ok so here is the deal, I am racing RC starting in a month or so and I REALLY want to race the Type R but all I am reading about NOT being able to fit Lipo's without modifications, cutting dremeling etc. is really concerning me.

Will any of the modern 5000-5400 pack fit like the Thunder Power, Orion carbon Molecular etc..

I really want to use the latest stuff not some outdated 3000 pack that is hard to find to start with. Is there a thread that lists what WILL work without modification??

I really did NOT want to run Ni-cads and if thats what it comes down to I guess I will have to seriously consider another car.

Hope there is some good news out there...
F1fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #11505
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Ok so here is the deal, I am racing RC starting in a month or so and I REALLY want to race the Type R but all I am reading about NOT being able to fit Lipo's without modifications, cutting dremeling etc. is really concerning me.

Will any of the modern 5000-5400 pack fit like the Thunder Power, Orion carbon Molecular etc..

I really want to use the latest stuff not some outdated 3000 pack that is hard to find to start with. Is there a thread that lists what WILL work without modification??

I really did NOT want to run Ni-cads and if thats what it comes down to I guess I will have to seriously consider another car.

Hope there is some good news out there...

I am running the flying fox layshaft and tp 5000 40c with no mods
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote