R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #11356
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

These I can see on fotos (double front upper link):

And I have these on my jrxs-r:

They have single link to the middle, not this kind of fork...

Are these for double mount: http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...les-%26/Detail ? I can;t see difference on photos...
Old 01-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #11357
Tech Adept

getting my Losi ready forr the birds now. How many guys are going that run losi?
voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #11358
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajman View Post
These I can see on fotos (double front upper link):

And I have these on my jrxs-r:

They have single link to the middle, not this kind of fork...

Are these for double mount: http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...les-%26/Detail ? I can;t see difference on photos...
What you see in the picture is the JR Link. It's the font upper arm.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...pension/Detail

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #11359
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default for sale

Hi, if anyone is interested i have a losi jrxs-r roller with some extra parts and a nice body for $200 shipped. But i will take offers to. pics are in for sale/trade forum.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #11360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
[CENTER][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#29303b][FONT=Georgia][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thank you very much Greg Sharpe! you done everything for me that day
Just let the record show that I didn't have any hand in wading the car up. That was all you, buddy! .....but glad to help another Type-R stay on track!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #11361
Tech Elite

Quote:
Do hubs from xxx-s change handling? I have several xxx-s's and hundreds of parts for them, it may be good for me to have it this way...
The new parts are made from a better material (EA3), so using the old XXX parts isn't the "strongest" idea.

On the topic of the JR-link, it replaces the standard straight turnbuckle link. THe c-hub is a separate piece that is used for both straight link and the JR-link. Hope that helps.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #11362
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
The new parts are made from a better material (EA3), so using the old XXX parts isn't the "strongest" idea.

On the topic of the JR-link, it replaces the standard straight turnbuckle link. THe c-hub is a separate piece that is used for both straight link and the JR-link. Hope that helps.
Yes, tahnks, that clears me everything, I found drawing of this double link and I can see that anyway it is mounted like straight link so hub is the same Has JR-Link andy advantage over straight link?

Last edited by Kajman; 01-20-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Kajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #11363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes, tahnks, that clears me everything, I found drawing of this double link and I can see that anyway it is mounted like straight link so hub is the same Has JR-Link andy advantage over straight link?
Since the JR link is longer than the straight link, it will feel more consistent and sometimes feel like it has less traction. However, with that handy roll center and camber gain calculator (available here on rctech) it's been shown that both links can have the same static roll center and total camber gain. The difference between the two links is two fold: 1)the JR link will be more consistent because the instantaneous roll center will migrate in a more linear fashion, whereas the straight link will migrate in a more progressive fashion. 2)the straight link can obviously be made much shorter, and thus have significantly more camber gain and a much quicker roll center migration. This however, isn't always ideal, despite the notion that more camber is more traction.

Bottom line, use the roll center and camber gain calculator to find settings for both links that are as similar as possible to your current setting, then hit the track to test both, back to back. You should be able to see the difference and tune the car more towards your liking from there. Hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #11364
Tech Regular

Thanks, clears somethings, somethings I have to digg through to understand how it works with this calculator and roll center influence (which always been hard to me)...
Old 01-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #11365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, that sounds almost like a physics class ... had flashbacks of finals, coeds and really bad hang overs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Since the JR link is longer than the straight link, it will feel more consistent and sometimes feel like it has less traction. However, with that handy roll center and camber gain calculator (available here on rctech) it's been shown that both links can have the same static roll center and total camber gain. The difference between the two links is two fold: 1)the JR link will be more consistent because the instantaneous roll center will migrate in a more linear fashion, whereas the straight link will migrate in a more progressive fashion. 2)the straight link can obviously be made much shorter, and thus have significantly more camber gain and a much quicker roll center migration. This however, isn't always ideal, despite the notion that more camber is more traction.

Bottom line, use the roll center and camber gain calculator to find settings for both links that are as similar as possible to your current setting, then hit the track to test both, back to back. You should be able to see the difference and tune the car more towards your liking from there. Hope that helps.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #11366
Tech Rookie

Default type r

What gear ratio are you guys running with a 17.5 motor and 13.5 motor, my track lane is 200. I run the SPX speed control and duo 2 17.5 osmesis 13.5, what spear and pinion or roll out on this car would be recomended. where can I find a good asphalt setup and carpet.
thanks alot

losiracin
losiracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #11367
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracin View Post
What gear ratio are you guys running with a 17.5 motor and 13.5 motor, my track lane is 200. I run the SPX speed control and duo 2 17.5 osmesis 13.5, what spear and pinion or roll out on this car would be recomended. where can I find a good asphalt setup and carpet.
thanks alot

losiracin
I thnk you need to ask that in LRP thread for faster response, I run a Tekin speedo with 5.7FDR Duo2 17.5 on decent size carpet track. hope this help you in some way.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #11368
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracin View Post
thanks alot

losiracin
is your straight 200'? we would run 42mm rollout on foam with 13.5 and an SPX on a 90' straight, add 5mm for 17.5 on 57mm foams. Not 100% sure what the FDR is for that.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #11369
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Im highly interested in buying a Jrx-s type r. Im willing to pay from 175 to 200 dlls (registered shipment included to Mexico City) depending on the spares included and also the state of the car (mint condition prefered). Please send pics to balasno@hotmail.com. Would pay through paypal

I'm open to your offers

thanks
axel
manthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #11370
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthree View Post
Im highly interested in buying a Jrx-s type r. Im willing to pay from 175 to 200 dlls (registered shipment included to Mexico City) depending on the spares included and also the state of the car (mint condition prefered). Please send pics to balasno@hotmail.com. Would pay through paypal

I'm open to your offers

thanks
axel
Sent you an email Axel.