R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #11131
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
I have been having some issue with stripping out servo horns on my type-R. Searched for a bit but never came up with anything. So i went ahead and figured out my own solutions. I took a standard aluminum servo arm, and bent it and put a nut on the back side. The nut does hit the top deck (as you can see) but you are almost at full servo throw anyway, with a dremeling of the top deck you should be good to go.



Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Hello, I was wondering what is the orange cubed piece in your photo?

Thanks,Jason.

Last edited by jscamry; 12-19-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: removed photo from original post.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #11132
Tech Master
 
37 RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Grand Island,Nebraska
Posts: 1,247
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

looks like a novak on off switch on top a mrt tranponder
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry View Post
Hello, I was wondering what is the orange cubed piece in your photo?

Thanks,Jason.
__________________
AFX FAB INSURGENT SPRNT CAR 37
Custom Works Rocket LateModel #37
Team Associated B5M BMod #37
Team Associated SC10.2 SC Modified #37
37 RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #11133
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry View Post
Hello, I was wondering what is the orange cubed piece in your photo?

Thanks,Jason.
I run 1 cell lipo in VTA. The orange cube is the on\off switch for the Novak voltage booster
unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #11134
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
I run 1 cell lipo in VTA. The orange cube is the on\off switch for the Novak voltage booster
Thanks for the info. What does VTA stand for? I assume its a type of class. I am new to the electric scene...

Thanks, Jason
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #11135
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry View Post
Thanks for the info. What does VTA stand for? I assume its a type of class. I am new to the electric scene...

Thanks, Jason
VTA= Vintage TransAm
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #11136
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
I have been having some issue with stripping out servo horns on my type-R. Searched for a bit but never came up with anything. So i went ahead and figured out my own solutions. I took a standard aluminum servo arm, and bent it and put a nut on the back side. The nut does hit the top deck (as you can see) but you are almost at full servo throw anyway, with a dremeling of the top deck you should be good to go.
Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.
Get rid of the aluminum one and go back to the kit ones. They are not labled right and that is the reason you were stripping them out. I ran into this issue and found out the book does not list them correctly for the brands servo it says it is supposed to be. You get one that fits sort of snug, but then you strip it out with a hit. Just try a different one from what you were using.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #11137
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscamry View Post
Thanks for the info. What does VTA stand for? I assume its a type of class. I am new to the electric scene...

Thanks, Jason
Hey jason , long time !
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #11138
Tech Elite
 
Chris Furman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,057
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default pic of my new setup for now..

Castle MMP w/ Ballistic 13.5.. still putting my RCGT car together...

Team Losi JRXS Type-R-losimmp.jpg
Chris Furman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #11139
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Get rid of the aluminum one and go back to the kit ones. They are not labled right and that is the reason you were stripping them out. I ran into this issue and found out the book does not list them correctly for the brands servo it says it is supposed to be. You get one that fits sort of snug, but then you strip it out with a hit. Just try a different one from what you were using.
I run Ace servo (DS1313). The 24 tooth will not push on the and the 25 is snug. Ace is not even listed in the book so i had to just try till one fit.
unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #11140
Tech Addict
 
jscamry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Oviedo,FL
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Hey jason , long time !
It has been a while!! I am trying to make the switch from nitro to electric. I am now going to the other -side .
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #11141
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

you could use a short 4-40 screw and a lose female ball end like whats used on the shock tower camber link mounts and have plenty of clearance.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #11142
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
I run Ace servo (DS1313). The 24 tooth will not push on the and the 25 is snug. Ace is not even listed in the book so i had to just try till one fit.
How close was the 23 to working with that servo? Did you ever try one of those?
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #11143
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
How close was the 23 to working with that servo? Did you ever try one of those?
To be honest i never even tried, i just tried the 24 figuring if it was lose i would go down, and if it did not fit i would go up. It would not push on so i just went with the 25
unlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 PM   #11144
Tech Regular
 
badKarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madison, WI/Miami, FL
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to badKarma Send a message via Yahoo to badKarma
Default

did Losi stop development on this car? is a new version coming out or is this it??
badKarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #11145
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,562
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky View Post
To be honest i never even tried, i just tried the 24 figuring if it was lose i would go down, and if it did not fit i would go up. It would not push on so i just went with the 25
24 is for hitec servos.
23 os for futaba and ace and ds servos.
25 is for jr style servos.

hope this helps.
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0