Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
at Horsharm?
no, just on the bench, I'm not sure if I will run carpet before the queens track opens.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeXray
no, just on the bench, I'm not sure if I will run carpet before the queens track opens.
The med servo saver I have barely clears, and this is with a s9550 servo, a full size servo would not fit this way, well not with a plastic tray. I don't feel like drilling holes in my chassis, so I doubt I'll try this. Every time I've used the longer link position, I've gone back to the shorter, so I'm not sure this will be the best for the conditions I run on. It also looks like you can't tune out the bumpsteer, the link's height on the steering knuckle should be lower than possible.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The med servo saver I have barely clears, and this is with a s9550 servo, a full size servo would not fit this way, well not with a plastic tray. I don't feel like drilling holes in my chassis, so I doubt I'll try this. Every time I've used the longer link position, I've gone back to the shorter, so I'm not sure this will be the best for the conditions I run on. It also looks like you can't tune out the bumpsteer, the link's height on the steering knuckle should be lower than possible.
when I got the picture in my head of this mod I was wondering samething, arm so short how would I manage to get bumpsteer correct?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Just a note to show that the Losi is still as good as anything out there...Halloween Classic race in Cleveland OH saw two Type R's in the stock foam A main finishing 4th and 5th. The cars were super hooked up. Could have very well been winning cars.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My thoughts too. I have liked the longer setup in the past but it simply can't be driven as hard... Its a big handful on power and sometimes off power too. I much prefer kit ackerman with maximum steering lock.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
-J-
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Mine is on the way!

Is there anything it needs out of the box? I've got the 41T & 42T pulleys, Flying Fox layshaft, some spare arms, hubs, carriers, spindles, body posts, protoform mazdaspeed 6, sway bar set, an assortment of spurs and pinions, parma pre-cut bumper, the losi steel battery tray, front one way, and 8 sets of rubber tires/foams/wheels in various compounds. Anything else? Springs, or shock oil?

Any other tips or tricks would be great.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
Just a note to show that the Losi is still as good as anything out there...Halloween Classic race in Cleveland OH saw two Type R's in the stock foam A main finishing 4th and 5th. The cars were super hooked up. Could have very well been winning cars.
Of the three Type R's at the Novak race at Trackside last year, 2 of them were in 13.5 rubber A (finishing 1st and 9th) and the other finishing 4th or 5th in 17.5 A.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -J-
Mine is on the way!

Is there anything it needs out of the box? I've got the 41T & 42T pulleys, Flying Fox layshaft, some spare arms, hubs, carriers, spindles, body posts, protoform mazdaspeed 6, sway bar set, an assortment of spurs and pinions, parma pre-cut bumper, the losi steel battery tray, front one way, and 8 sets of rubber tires/foams/wheels in various compounds. Anything else? Springs, or shock oil?

Any other tips or tricks would be great.
1 inch Ti turnbuckle set from lunsford for rear camber, use a stock one to front for either jr link or make your self a regular camber rod.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 11-02-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Well ran my JRX-S/R for first time this weekend in VTA and was happy with way car handled on a med/low bite carpet!We made the A-main out of 15 but our car was a few tenthes off per lap to top 4 car,need a little more speed,gonna try updating speed-o to a Tekin RS from old LRP sphere see if we can gain alittle buy geaing down for more infield torque and use turbo feature for top-end!Most say you can go from a 5:00 t0 a 6:00 and motor will run cooler and you get best of both worlds with the boost and turbo!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Champion

What is everyones thoughts on 6 degree c-hubs? I ran them today for the 1st time on a large open track with a few long corners thinking they might be slightly faster but lost about 2 tenths!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
What is everyones thoughts on 6 degree c-hubs? I ran them today for the 1st time on a large open track with a few long corners thinking they might be slightly faster but lost about 2 tenths!
6 gave my car way to much entry making it hard to hold corner speed.if your running long sweeping turns and want to try something different.try the 2 degree hubs.i have tested them all.but most of the tracks i ran at were all kinda tight turning.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morris
6 gave my car way to much entry making it hard to hold corner speed.if your running long sweeping turns and want to try something different.try the 2 degree hubs.i have tested them all.but most of the tracks i ran at were all kinda tight turning.
Interesting... I found that entry was the biggest problem.... or lack of entry....

ou should have less response but more mid corner steering with the 6 degree hubs. I lost initial for sure but didn't gain much (if anything) mid corner.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Interesting... I found that entry was the biggest problem.... or lack of entry....

ou should have less response but more mid corner steering with the 6 degree hubs. I lost initial for sure but didn't gain much (if anything) mid corner.
I have found the same as you, we always run 6 on foams, I ran 6 on rubber tires a few times to calm the car down. The probably should have been fixed in another way, but sometimes I just pick the quickest fix
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can someone tell me if this is a type r or just an orginal jrxs..? I am thinking this is not a type r...

thanks...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

that's a original jrxs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.