R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #10726
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcuz383 View Post
Finally got the spool. Great part! My stock spool failed after one practice run at Nats. I put in the Fox spool and went right back out. This time the outdrives started to spin. I hand drilled and tapped eight 4-40 set screws in to the plastic hubs to hold in place. This setup ran all week with no failures on the highest bite track that I have ever seen. Ridiculous Bite! I would love to see metal steering hubs and C hubs next.

After a little setup help from Team Xray the JRX-S Type R was great. Some better drivers were able to turn consistent 10.4 second laps with a 17.5 motor. Good enough to be in the top of the A main with a better driver.

Oh Ya Losi did win a National Title! Just not on the race Track.
Congrats, BTW what 1st place is that? concourse?

yes I did 4 drilling and was going to do 4 more to make total of 8 like you did before next race, I left a hint on my blog yesterday. http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/1...-track-at.html

with only 4 screws I can see front wheels rotate a bit when I brake.

8screws mod should be WTG like you said.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #10727
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
Congrats, BTW what 1st place is that? concourse?

yes I did 4 drilling and was going to do 4 more to make total of 8 like you did before next race, I left a hint on my blog yesterday. http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/1...-track-at.html

with only 4 screws I can see front wheels rotate a bit when I brake.

8screws mod should be WTG like you said.
Just go back to the stock one and forget about it.. What's gonna happen when you break a outdrive? Do you carry them already modded for set screws?
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #10728
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Just go back back to Cali.
Rui, how close is Queens, NY to you and Plumber Joe?
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #10729
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Just go back to the stock one and forget about it.. What's gonna happen when you break a outdrive? Do you carry them already modded for set screws?
not just yet, just like I was carrying a spare diff halves for my stock spool(one with the female threads) yes I been carrying few spool outdrives latley and of cos dremel with a 3/32" bit as usual.

as I mentioned here or on my blog before I been adjusting my front belt tension to give fuse to the spool, so far so good.

if this 8 screws mod and a belt fuse work together then I should have a zero maintainance 1/2 weight, posi lock spool on my car ooh hoo~

BTW have you tried your chopped to the moon upperdeck yet? box stock Rui?
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #10730
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
BTW have you tried your chopped to the moon upperdeck yet? box stock Rui?
Not yet and now im on carpet, no need for it. Maybe i'll put it in for the charity race at Jackson. Might need all the grip we can get with the cool weather
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #10731
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Rui, how close is Queens, NY to you and Plumber Joe?
Cali??lol That should't be allowed. That can get people in trouble.
Not sure, HORSHAM SON!!!
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #10732
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Not yet and now im on carpet, no need for it. Maybe i'll put it in for the charity race at Jackson. Might need all the grip we can get with the cool weather
yeah I agreed, and I have a brand new uncut upperdeck in my part box for the carpet season too
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #10733
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
yeah I agreed, and I have a brand new uncut upperdeck in my part box for the carpet season too
I have tried a hacked up deck and it has some big weaknesses. I think the ticket will be flex with all four posts in place. hopefully I get to try it this weekend.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #10734
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
I have tried a hacked up deck and it has some big weaknesses. I think the ticket will be flex with all four posts in place. hopefully I get to try it this weekend.
weakness? have you cut like Lucas's or further? I did mine like Lucas and find no weakness in strength part, you mean weakness as driving or set up part? btw I been running with 2 screws on front upper deck in place
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 10-07-2009 at 09:49 AM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #10735
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
I have tried a hacked up deck and it has some big weaknesses. I think the ticket will be flex with all four posts in place. hopefully I get to try it this weekend.
All 4 posts in place? Do you mean the 4 mounting spots of the top deck?
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #10736
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
weakness? have you cut like Lucas's or further? I did mine like Lucas and find no weakness in strength part, you mean weakness as driving or set up part? btw I been running with 2 screws on front upper deck in place
Weakness in handling. With excessive flex you lose high speed steering and some response. I tried a deck with huge flex and while it feels good on tight turns I struggled badly with mid to high speed corners. It would push like crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
All 4 posts in place? Do you mean the 4 mounting spots of the top deck?
I mean using the standard 4 upper deck posts that the chassis comes with that hold the battery tray. I think a soft initial flex will improve the car greatly but it needs to "lock up" fast so you don't lose out in other areas of handling. As long as my new bits and pieces turn up this week I'll be out tesing this weekend.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #10737
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6
Default Lipos?

sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol

Last edited by Geoff fleming; 10-08-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Geoff fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #10738
Tech Elite
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,297
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post

I mean using the standard 4 upper deck posts that the chassis comes with that hold the battery tray. I think a soft initial flex will improve the car greatly but it needs to "lock up" fast so you don't lose out in other areas of handling. As long as my new bits and pieces turn up this week I'll be out tesing this weekend.
Got it..That's actually how i was gonna try it. Like John said, i chopped one to the moon... But i wont loosen any screws.
__________________
Rui Goncalves
Reds Racing USA|Hot Race Tyres USA|Team CRC|Team Trinity|
Jackson RC|Horsham RC|Floyd Bennett|Blue Diamond
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #10739
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,889
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff fleming View Post
sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol
I run a thunder power 5000 40c fits great.
__________________
SpeedZone Batteries
steve eaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #10740
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff fleming View Post
sorry guys just going away from the subject, dose anyone have a list of lipos that fit the type R. I am looking in to buying a few sets and most of them are 45.5mm-47mm wide and the space between the pullys is 46.6mm. if anyone can tell me a pack that fits well with a 40c rating would be good. Or am i dreaming lol
The Fantom batteries fit nice too.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0