Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz406
I and many others would like that. I though you posted the setup for the Muchmore race?
I think he did. Basically it was low Roll center all round 17.5 spring all round JR link and long top links. A lot different to what most have been running in the US.

I have tried high front and low rear roll center with disasterous results. But not with normal top front link. Dragonfire has tried normal top front links and his car understeered straight off the track! I know another top OZ driver who once tried a type R without the JR link and he also couldn't get it to work. Maybe it only works in the norther hemisphere?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Type-R Lipo

Does the new SMC 50C lipo fit in the Type R??????????

SMC5250CM
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I think he did. Basically it was low Roll center all round 17.5 spring all round JR link and long top links. A lot different to what most have been running in the US.

I have tried high front and low rear roll center with disasterous results. But not with normal top front link. Dragonfire has tried normal top front links and his car understeered straight off the track! I know another top OZ driver who once tried a type R without the JR link and he also couldn't get it to work. Maybe it only works in the norther hemisphere?
This make no sense, running the ballstud setup shortens the link = more camber gain, why would that induce a push? hardly anyone here runs the JR link..
Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Yes, but with alittle dremeling on the rear bulkheads.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
This make no sense, running the ballstud setup shortens the link = more camber gain, why would that induce a push? hardly anyone here runs the JR link..
I'm a one of any one here in the state.

I found 3/high(jr link) set up gives almost same camber gain as reg link but little less, I felt more even amount steering with Jr link also tire get s even wear

If I ever need more camber gain I can always go for a #4 hole on the shock tower, I like to have control on my machine.

same sorex tires for left front, same track after 2run with a reg link on left, after 5 run with Jr link on right. thats $35/set tires

on asphalt, i found JR link suits better for me, on the carpet I ran regular link in last season but didnt give much thought about the Jrlink in that time which I will in this winter season.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-link_jrlink.jpg  
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee

I found 3/high(jr link) set up gives almost same camber gain as reg link but little less, I felt more even amount steering with Jr link also tire get s even wear

If I ever need more camber gain I can always go for a #4 hole on the shock tower, I like to have control on my machine.

same sorex tires for left front, same track after 2run with a reg link on left, after 5 run with Jr link on right. thats $35/set tires

on asphalt, i found JR link suits better for me.
I didn't mean to say it doesn't work, just that is shouldn't induce a push. I'm sure there is a valid reason why it did, but its likely that something else needed to change to make the combo work. I tend to run 1-2 shims under the front ballstud in the 1 hole so I have a feeling that we prefer the way the angled link rolls on the front. I haven't been running them recently as the car has had more than enough steering.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Company Representative

I didn't mean to say it doesn't work, just that is shouldn't induce a push. I'm sure there is a valid reason why it did, but its likely that something else needed to change to make the combo work. I tend to run 1-2 shims under the front ballstud in the 1 hole so I have a feeling that we prefer the way the angled link rolls on the front. I haven't been running them recently as the car has had more than enough steering.
I know you not saying that

I just gave a second look to the jrlink and wanted to share with all of my fellow Type-R beilivers.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

on asphalt, i found JR link suits better for me, on the carpet I ran regular link in last season but didnt give much thought about the Jrlink in that time which I will in this winter season.
I've always been intrigued by the design of the Jr link. It is actually intended to reduce camber gain and create a flatter movement of the wheel through it's suspension arc (at least that is what i am theorizing, i think we should pester someone at losi to answer us for sure) i've seen it used effectively on asphalt but it does require a certain level of skill to get it around the track, that level i don't have. The camber links suite my driving style better.

The reason you have so much wear is that you have too much camber in your wheel at the end of it's travel. I've done that to front before when i run 6* hubs with the car and 2* fron camber by the time it's at the end of ti's travel and under full lock it's got osmething like 8*-10* of camber so it's only running on the very inside edge of the tire. Check it out on your setup station. Compress the suspension w/ your camber thingies on it.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Company Representative

hey Mike I see you running high roll center up on front, in that case with 2 shims under ballend of spindle can give you too much bump steering (bum-in)? with that much bump in and camber gain....wow...

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I've always been intrigued by the design of the Jr link. It is actually intended to reduce camber gain and create a flatter movement of the wheel through it's suspension arc (at least that is what i am theorizing, i think we should pester someone at losi to answer us for sure) i've seen it used effectively on asphalt but it does require a certain level of skill to get it around the track, that level i don't have. The camber links suite my driving style better.

The reason you have so much wear is that you have too much camber in your wheel at the end of it's travel. I've done that to front before when i run 6* hubs with the car and 2* fron camber by the time it's at the end of ti's travel and under full lock it's got osmething like 8*-10* of camber so it's only running on the very inside edge of the tire. Check it out on your setup station. Compress the suspension w/ your camber thingies on it.
why would you run 2deg camber with 6deg castor? like you found out yourslef, I could tell you that will give you too much neg camber at the end of suspension travle, no need to check with a set up tool for that thats on basic 101 of RC.

I had a 4deg casotor block with 1 deg camber, my usual for the Jackson with a Sorex

take a look at Lucas's car he created inside ring on his tire as well, after 1-2 run on that tire(IMO 1run).

I dont think he runs 6deg castor with 2deg camber either, I m not saying jr link is faster all the time but in my finding it gives even tire wear on the asphalt (w/ 4deg castor that is!)

add: I'm attaching my setup sheet for that day for Tory to find "the reason" for me. if he was able to find "the reason" with out even looking at my setup or my car, I can even imagine what he can find after looked at my sheet., this should be your perfect timekiller since you all banged up with your car accident. get well dude.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-coupe-de-france-2009n0120_b.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-jrxs-r-setupsheet-jl-jackson-1st-week.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-22-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

hey Mike I see you running high roll center up on front, in that case with 2 shims under ballend of spindle can give you too much bump steering (bum-in)? with that much bump in and camber gain....wow...

why would you run 2deg camber with 6deg castor? like you found out yourslef, I could tell you that will give you too much neg camber at the end of suspension travle, no need to check with a set up tool for that thats on basic 101 of RC.

I had a 4deg casotor block with 1 deg camber, my usual for the Jackson with a Sorex

take a look at Lucas's car he created inside ring on his tire as well, after 1-2 run on that tire(IMO 1run).

I dont think he runs 6deg castor with 2deg camber either, I m not saying jr link is faster all the time but in my finding it gives even tire wear on the asphalt (w/ 4deg castor that is!)

add: I'm attaching my setup sheet for that day for Tory to find "the reason" for me. if he was able to find "the reason" with out even looking at my setup or my car, I can even imagine what he can find after looked at my sheet., this should be your perfect timekiller since you all banged up with your car accident. get well dude.
I've seen that ring on quite a few tires on the type-r ... most of them happen to be mine but hahah. I dunno the JR link setup just seems to me to provide better overall front suspension movement keeping the tire contact patch even throughout the travel. I'm goign to see if we can pester someone into giving us a background on it. I personnaly can't use them, i drive too deeply into the corners and crank the wheel I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Yes i am psychic! just never works when it comes times to buy the lottery though, go figure.

The crappy part is i can't work on my cars yet, i can't sit upright for too long without pain so i'm just putzing around in the basement cleaning up my table and moving things from one place to another then moving them back again .
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Guys all the jr link does is make a longer front camber link. Since they couldnt make a longer link on the tower due to the wide diff they came up with the jr link and made it longer on the C hub. its not rocket science.

The setup I ran at jackson for example with Sorex took about 6-8 runs before I would get a noticeable ring on the inside of the tire, Never ran the JR link there I thought it sucked.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I will say, I too am a big fan of camber gain... I been running 3 on front tower and tall ball stud with 2*- camber 4* Blocks, High front roll center,1.8mm spacer under ball stud on steering hub and inside on rack (1)...But ring on inside tire isnt that bad. I have had that ring worse in past thou when car was tight....
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Guys all the jr link does is make a longer front camber link. Since they couldnt make a longer link on the tower due to the wide diff they came up with the jr link and made it longer on the C hub. its not rocket science.

The setup I ran at jackson for example with Sorex took about 6-8 runs before I would get a noticeable ring on the inside of the tire, Never ran the JR link there I thought it sucked.
since I chopped my upperdeck Jrlink been help me alot at Jackson, besides I always thought it was too much camber gain with the link, I even made a hole higher on the shock tower to reduce gain but wasnt working well at 360, I like to have my tire very closed to 90deg with the surface at the bottom out suspension down travle.

Originally Posted by John Tag
I will say, I too am a big fan of camber gain... I been running 3 on front tower and tall ball stud with 2*- camber 4* Blocks, High front roll center,1.8mm spacer under ball stud on steering hub and inside on rack (1)...But ring on inside tire isnt that bad. I have had that ring worse in past thou when car was tight....
you nuts! tag!tall ball studs(lunsford) gave me way too much camber gain, high roll center, 1.8 mm under the ball and A 41t front pulley! your a NUTS tag...

reason why I tried the Jrlink is cause aftrer xray race Paulie hand me his tires and I found no ring on his Jaco blue tire, this is the tire what enjoys maximum neg camber, mine had rings after 2 runs all of the ppl around me did, but not his, and I bielive he ran with 1 set of tires all day, I even took some picture of it and post it herer before.

then I also had so much initial steering by running a Lucas deck so I thought about calm the car down a bit with Jrlink and I think I made my car steer good over all and save my tires alots! 2 birds one stone!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

i ran 1 set at the xray race also with my top photon never had the ring and the tires were still in great shape i ran them the following week for 2 runs and practiced at the iic with them for one round lol i think longer links,negative camber doesnt mean sqaut on a way a tire wears i mean if your car is tweaked or one shock has less oil or you drive harder in certain parts there are so many variables to tire wear ill bet the reason pauly has good tires and can run them all day like i did was his car was setup properly he drives consistent and he has more talent in his gold member then we all have combined my experience with the jr link on my losi was thae same as larry and almost every setup i seen was it only worked in that rare occurence and a standard link was more consistent and less prone to bind the front end up
Old 09-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default JRXS Type - R Layshaft

Is it still possible to get a Flying Fox JRXS Type - R Layshaft?

What is everyone doing for a spool?

Thanks Fred

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.