Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
My diff outdrives are getting stripped on both side with a Flyingfox spoool set up.

can you make one look like one-way tube using one-way outdrive set? http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA3353

out drives are beefier screwed down, also using shorter bones with less weight.
John,
Are you actually stripping the part of the out drive that goes into the diff tube?

I ran the flying fox spool the last 2 times you saw me and so far haven't had any problems. Maybe i should look a little better...I have 3 weeks on it now.

I didnt noticed better performance out of it, but I dont have anything bad to say about it either.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcuz383
I was wondering how they would hold up in the new spool. I can't get mine to hold up in the stock spool even when I try to glue them in they only hold for a few runs. Seems like some sort of pin can be used to hold them in place. Someone figure it out and let me know.
You might have something else wrong or you crash a lot. I ran 10.5 for a summer, then i ran 17.5 all winter and now 13.5 all summer with the same spool....just recently i tried the flying fox just to see...
Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

you dont hit things hahah

unlike PROS, I do hits a lot like rest of us and this parts was made and sold most to them most like any other parts/products

well but it's got not much to do with hitting somethng, like I mentioned when you race on rough surface if car get jumpy and landing few times in every map it can grind that part down easily, just think about it.

just pull out the out drive from your car and inspect that slots on the out drives, it's got bigger and out drives rocking back and forth inside of the tube, beilive me I'll inspect your car next time we meet to show you if you dont do it by your self

Larry mentioned this before we all know that, but think about all other cars in the past that had a 1pc solid axle on the front, why can't this car handle the stress ? the oneway is like a spool in forward motion and stock out drives for one way never had any problem, it might stripped a spur gear if you have a stock centershaft but I never heard outdrives got stripped.

anyway I know FF is good products and all but there is always room for improvement and making one like one way tube can be better version.

Add: pic of my out drives added and wanted to mentioned you may say I did something wrong installing cups in it but both of out drives have same damaged on it and I dont think I can make same exact mistakes on both out drives on same time.

when I race at Jackson (very flat surface) I was fine but 1 day on parking lot style racing killed this parts.

I wish i had an image of the damage from me wraping my car around a track border pin with my 2.5 at top speed hahah. Trust me i hit things hahaha.

Don't get me wrong I hear what you are saying, but I've been running the same outdrives for 2 seasons . when I raced against you at Jackson they with 2 year old outdrives. I took them out of the factory spool and put them right back into the flying fox spool .

The other part of it is that I maintain my car o.k. at best. I try to shim out play and such but if it's still running in a relatively straight line (even with a little input) I'm not changing anything. Ask Rui when I rebuilt my diff at the Xray race my inner diff bearing was shot and I had no clue hahaha. Shame on me I know but I don't do badly in the standings and I try to have fun .
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Last time I tried to run a completely glued spool I had the same problem, there is no fuse, would you rather it be the plastic outdrive or your LCD collar?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Oh I forgot to mention that I have at least 3 one way tubes here that are useless. I've stopped running the one way because I can't afford it hahaha. So the one way was no better. You page back a hundred pages or so in the the thread you'll see tons of complaints about the reliability of the one way tubes outdrives and bearings.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I have seen that also,on the 1 way.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
John,
Are you actually stripping the part of the out drive that goes into the diff tube?

I ran the flying fox spool the last 2 times you saw me and so far haven't had any problems. Maybe i should look a little better...I have 3 weeks on it now.

I didnt noticed better performance out of it, but I dont have anything bad to say about it either.
yes Rui the plastics, take a look at the pics closley where it gets to sit on the tube.

Originally Posted by YmeBP

I wish i had an image of the damage from me wraping my car around a track border pin with my 2.5 at top speed hahah. Trust me i hit things hahaha.

Don't get me wrong I hear what you are saying, but I've been running the same outdrives for 2 seasons . when I raced against you at Jackson they with 2 year old outdrives. I took them out of the factory spool and put them right back into the flying fox spool .

The other part of it is that I maintain my car o.k. at best. I try to shim out play and such but if it's still running in a relatively straight line (even with a little input) I'm not changing anything. Ask Rui when I rebuilt my diff at the Xray race my inner diff bearing was shot and I had no clue hahaha. Shame on me I know but I don't do badly in the standings and I try to have fun .
well Like I said no problem at jackson, I ran 3 race days there no problem, but one race at parking lot race kills it.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Last time I tried to run a completely glued spool I had the same problem, there is no fuse, would you rather it be the plastic outdrive or your LCD collar?
hmmm good question Mike....none, either or nada! haha am I asking too much?

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Oh I forgot to mention that I have at least 3 one way tubes here that are useless. I've stopped running the one way because I can't afford it hahaha. So the one way was no better. You page back a hundred pages or so in the the thread you'll see tons of complaints about the reliability of the one way tubes outdrives and bearings.
no problem with oneway set up on full winter season at 360 for me. and yes I did crash more than half of ppl out there

Originally Posted by steve eaves
I have seen that also,on the 1 way.
first time for me.

I am going to do some mod tonight and post it here and my blog as soon as Im finished! look out stripped LCD couplings coming up!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
or you crash a lot. ...
you seen me crashed horribly many times Rui, BTW thanks for reminding me that!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-14-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Company Representative

I made a mod on the drive cups as pictured it s 4/40 or 5/40 set screws about 4mm long. 2 on each side 4 all together that will double the contact surface area. I will try with 13.5 hopley this weekend at Jackson or Regional race at Blue Diamond
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-09142009_outdrives_mod.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-14-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

I made a mod on the drive cups as pictured it s 4/40 or 5/40 set screws about 4mm long. 2 on each side 4 all together that will double the contact surface area. I will try with 13.5 hopley this weekend at Jackson or Regional race at Blue Diamond
Both of those tracks are smooth and the blue diamond is really easy on cars, there is allot of rubber and curved piping around.

I'd say try one of Ray Murry's VTA events. I've run my spool on the parking lots he has his events on and haven't had any issues but that may give you the uneven surface you are looking for as a test.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blackstring
Where is the download located?
follow this link.. note you need windows.net to run it. If you do not have .net installed on your system, this needs to be installed before you can run the roll centre calculator. If I remember correctly, if you don't have it installed you may be directed to the download.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4m4tgm...CentreV162.zip
Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The second car arrived today. I ordered up some stuff from Skyrocket. Just have to be patient now. I spent the night cleaning up the chassis. Shimmed up the steering so the ends don't drag on the upper deck. Nothing else too out of the ordinary. I fit the original but new R9 shell that came with the other car to this one. All I need now is a motor and my parts to come in. Should be a very interesting winter pitting on 2 of these set up exactly the same. I just hope my son keeps his off the boards. He's done well with Dad's and is only 4 tenths off my lap times just goofing around.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

How did you shim out the steering so the ends don't drag on the upper deck ? Where did you put the shims ?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Hmm.. says the file isn' located there anymore. Oh well, thanks anyways
Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone know how the type r guys got on at the IIC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.