R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #10501
Tech Elite
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Default

Could someone link me to the mod to move the centre pulleys farther apart. I've got 1mm of clearance on the right pulley and -1mm of clearance on the left side.
__________________
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #10502
Tech Adept
 
jebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Antipolo City
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jebs
Default

is this car made for foams? i want to race on rubber on asphalt do i need modifications to make the car competitive? thanks
jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #10503
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Saskatoon SK
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Who is running a losi at the IIC?
dasdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #10504
Tech Master
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,223
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
is this car made for foams? i want to race on rubber on asphalt do i need modifications to make the car competitive? thanks
I raced mine on with foam on carpet over the winter season. This summer on VTA tires and then last week on TC rubber tires. Same kit, it is very versatile and quick in both foam and rubber configurations. No modifications are necessary to make it competitive. I just recommend the Flying Fox Solid Spool for the Losi Jrxs Type-R and the Parma front bumper (it's harder than the stock one).
__________________
SMC Racing | AKA Products | Serpent America | Android Nitro Runtime Calculator
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #10505
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

The Parma bumper is a must have. Its saved me more than I've paid for it a couple times over in the 2 months I've had it on the car.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #10506
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
Could someone link me to the mod to move the centre pulleys farther apart. I've got 1mm of clearance on the right pulley and -1mm of clearance on the left side.
just shaved down inner part of those pulleys and shimed em out little, but IMO it s not worth all that effort, just get a flyingfoxrc.com center shaft and your all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
is this car made for foams? i want to race on rubber on asphalt do i need modifications to make the car competitive? thanks

you may remove 4 screws from upperdeck support for ashpalt. then you set.! car rocks on any surface.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #10507
Tech Elite
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,207
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Default

Thanks John. I'll shave 'em down, gotta race tomorrow, so no time to order a shaft, but I might just order one later.
__________________
•Brad Comis
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #10508
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Would somebody mind giving me a run down or new parts and anything that might of changed or been learned in the last year. Thinking of blowing the dust off ot the Type R and going racing. Batteries, setups, aftermarket parts, those types of things, either a post or a pm would be great. Thanks.

RedRocket
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #10509
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
Would somebody mind giving me a run down or new parts and anything that might of changed or been learned in the last year. Thinking of blowing the dust off ot the Type R and going racing. Batteries, setups, aftermarket parts, those types of things, either a post or a pm would be great. Thanks.

RedRocket
Check this page out: http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/

Mr. Losi's, Mike Haynes and a few other really good setup exist out there. They are all still very good.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #10510
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post




you may remove 4 screws from upperdeck support for ashpalt. then you set.! car rocks on any surface.
You do not have to remove the the four stand off screws to get it to work on asphalt. It works just fine with the screws where they belong. If you need flex to get the car to work then your setup is off.

There are at least four people running Type R's I know of running the car at IIC. Myself in 13.5 rubber and foam. Friend of mine from SLC running it in 13.5 rubber and Mod rubber. Two guys from Maui running in 17.5 amatuer class. These are the only R's I am aware of at IIC.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #10511
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Check this page out: http://team-spoon.bravehost.com/

Mr. Losi's, Mike Haynes and a few other really good setup exist out there. They are all still very good.
I guess setup wasn't really what I am after, more curious about new parts and the latest lipo's that are being ran. Thanks again.

RedRocket
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #10512
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
yes, track width is what I was trying to refer to.. After posting, I did a little research and discovered what the short and long settings were. I read the manual and found at the back that the rear is maxed at 190. I am going to check this out by using my setup station..

will let you know.
With 3.5 degrees rear toe and standard hex's you are at the full 190mm chassis width. Note that you need to measure this from the widest point which is the middle back edge of the rear wheels.

That said I run standard (narrow) hex's front and rear for rubber. I have tried wider but you just loose grip.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #10513
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
I guess setup wasn't really what I am after, more curious about new parts and the latest lipo's that are being ran. Thanks again.

RedRocket
The IP batteries fit great and have 4mm plugs and need little to no modifications, maybe a dremel job to open the top deck up for the plugs to fit easily. The flying fox layshaft is a nice part in both quality and usefullness for battery fitment and it includes a spur gear adaptor. I like the new Duos for brushless power and any speedo with timing advance spofiles, Tekin RS , LRP SPX for 21.5-10.5 and SXX for mod 9.5 and lower.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 AM   #10514
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
The IP batteries fit great and have 4mm plugs and need little to no modifications, maybe a dremel job to open the top deck up for the plugs to fit easily. The flying fox layshaft is a nice part in both quality and usefullness for battery fitment and it includes a spur gear adaptor. I like the new Duos for brushless power and any speedo with timing advance spofiles, Tekin RS , LRP SPX for 21.5-10.5 and SXX for mod 9.5 and lower.

The IP5000 needs major surgery to fit with steel tray and some for plastic one
billb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #10515
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
That said I run standard (narrow) hex's front and rear for rubber. I have tried wider but you just loose grip.
I find that a wider rear track is very helpful in high traction conditions for keeping the car free.
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0