R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #10456
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Just as I said, I use the aluminum hex adaptors but instead of sanding aluminum I simply sand down the hub (which is made from plastic).
.
wherer do you shave on a hub? if you just shave outside, it wont help.

only way that can be done on the hub is milled inside of hole where bearing sits in so bearings can get closer.

I trid plastic hexes last night and it is the way it should be, no grinding! I gguess I will need to stick with the plastic one for awhile.

GUYS TAKE OUT A HUB FROM THE CAR, MOUNT A WHEEL AS YOU NORMALY WOULD AND SPIN , YOU WILL FEEL ME.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #10457
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

I just checked my car, took the knuckle off the car completely and it spins fine. I have the stock lcds, one shim, unshaved face of the hub and alum hex. If I put too many shims I have made the bearings lock up, but that was easy to spot. I'm using losi bearings as well.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #10458
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I just checked my car, took the knuckle off the car completely and it spins fine. I have the stock lcds, one shim, unshaved face of the hub and alum hex. If I put too many shims I have made the bearings lock up, but that was easy to spot. I'm using losi bearings as well.
I have no shim at all, even a single piece shim in there makes thing locked up. if you turn the hub holding a wheel does hub spin back with gravity?
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #10459
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I have no shim at all, even a single piece shim in there makes thing locked up. if you turn the hub holding a wheel does hub spin back with gravity?
Yes, its very free, as free as a bearing should be, valls brought up a good point, maybe you have a new batch of knuckles, or a bad batch? remind me on sunday and will give you 2 that I have that are older and see if it makes a difference.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #10460
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 1,187
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Yes, its very free, as free as a bearing should be, valls brought up a good point, maybe you have a new batch of knuckles, or a bad batch? remind me on sunday and will give you 2 that I have that are older and see if it makes a difference.
Did you ever think it might be 'just' John and not the knuckles??????
__________________
Rick "Blue" Sieboldt - Mooresville, NC
* Associated T5M * Tekin * TQ Wire *
www.tqracing.com/rc_products.htm For all your wire needs
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #10461
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Yes, its very free, as free as a bearing should be, valls brought up a good point, maybe you have a new batch of knuckles, or a bad batch? remind me on sunday and will give you 2 that I have that are older and see if it makes a difference.
no I have old one from XXX-S (graphite) and new one EA3, I also have one that I borrowed from you at Jackson. they are all same it's not on hub, just look at the picture of it.
they drilled the axle too close. they drilled it closer than the XXX-S CVD, with XXX-S we only had to run 1 washer, never had any problem, with that much closer you can not run a washer, are you coming to SI this sunday? that s where i 'm gonna be at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
Did you ever think it might be 'just' John and not the knuckles??????
no Blue, with a brand new hex my wheel spins fine, after few run it get grindy, or locked. LCD, RCD all same.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-lcd-xxxs-typer.jpg  
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #10462
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

If I remember right you borrowed a rear hub from me, are you using lcd axles in the rear?
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #10463
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
Did you ever think it might be 'just' John and not the knuckles??????
Uhm, Pot calling kettle there???

Even if it is something John is doing, no harm in helping him figure it out here.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #10464
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
If I remember right you borrowed a rear hub from me, are you using lcd axles in the rear?
RCD on the rear, I think I found the problem. I ll be back after few more testing to prove it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Uhm, Pot calling kettle there???

Even if it is something John is doing, no harm in helping him figure it out here.
BLUE! (I need a flaming face icon with blue color!)
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #10465
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default O-RING SIZE

Anyone have the size for the differential carrier retaining o-ring?
billb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #10466
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Aluminium hex mystery on JRXS type-R Solved

Found a source of the problem.

I found out CVD, LCD axle hole got enlarged after 1 1/2 seasons of use. the hole on my axles are oval shape.

I just tried new set of LCD and no problem with a same hub, same BBs, all same old alum hexes.

but here is the kicker

I looked at my 8years old XXX-S CVD hole and they are fine, perfectly circled holes.

only thing I can think of it is XXX-S CVDs are made by MIP here in the USA, and I believe all this LCD and RCD's are made in Taiwan even thought all the packaging showing "made in USA" (old green color tag)

Losi once been sued for improperly used a “Made in the U.S.A.” label and lost, then they changed all their label to "Made in Taiwan" (new Grey color tag) you can read the settlement here

in my past experience American steel products are far stronger than one that from Asia and I think this is a same case too.

now if your wheels get grindy even with new set of BBs then you will need to go buy new axles for $14.00/pair which will last longer than $12.00/pair alum hexes.

drilling a hole closer on this soft steel axle made things worse and I thank Losi knows that.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #10467
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb60 View Post
Anyone have the size for the differential carrier retaining o-ring?

1/2" Dia
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #10468
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
Found a source of the problem.

I found out CVD, LCD axle hole got enlarged after 1 1/2 seasons of use. the hole on my axles are oval shape.

I just tried new set of LCD and no problem with a same hub, same BBs, all same old alum hexes.

but here is the kicker

I looked at my 8years old XXX-S CVD hole and they are fine, perfectly circled holes.

only thing I can think of it is XXX-S CVDs are made by MIP here in the USA, and I believe all this LCD and RCD's are made in Taiwan even thought all the packaging showing "made in USA" (old green color tag)

Losi once been sued for improperly used a “Made in the U.S.A.” label and lost, then they changed all their label to "Made in Taiwan" (new Grey color tag) you can read the settlement here

in my past experience American steel products are far stronger than one that from Asia and I think this is a same case too.

now if your wheels get grindy even with new set of BBs then you will need to go buy new axles for $14.00/pair which will last longer than $12.00/pair alum hexes.

drilling a hole closer on this soft steel axle made things worse and I thank Losi knows that.
Good to see you found the problem. We'll have to take what we can get as far as quality, yes it may not be as good, but they are not $45 each like an Xray unit, and if they have to be replaced once every 1-2 years that's still getting a lot of use for the cost.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #10469
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

One thing that I want to add to my post is

I read once that old fashioned burger shop in DC refused to go franchise with big corp, the owner said " once this suit wearing corporation ppl take control they will try to save cost on everything and I know that will bring my burgers quality down, I ll rather stay in family own, operate business and keeping my quality for my customers.

This is a true story I read when Mr president Obama was picking up burgers from the burger joint and made to news.

I know when Losi sr own this joint this will never happened and if some goes wrong he will address right away like he did on XXX-4 front shock tower.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #10470
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
One thing that I want to add to my post is

I read once that old fashioned burger shop in DC refused to go franchise with big corp, the owner said " once this suit wearing corporation ppl take control they will try to save cost on everything and I know that will bring my burgers quality down, I ll rather stay in family own, operate business and keeping my quality for my customers.

This is a true story I read when Mr president Obama was picking up burgers from the burger joint and made to news.

I know when Losi sr own this joint this will never happened and if some goes wrong he will address right away like he did on XXX-4 front shock tower.
You should by a TOP if you want that kind of service these days, Horizon/Losi are the Walmart/McDonalds of the hobby industry. Luckily the car has no major flaws, just some minor ones... I'm not saying it's right, but its the way that it is, and no amount of internet posts will change that.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0