Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
What you are looking at there is chassis tweak, not weight balance. To do weight balance you check the left/right and front/rear vs each other off the chassis itself, not the suspension. Try this....

*Place all gear on you assembled chassis lightly held in place so it won't move around.
*Use two points or a round object up the center of the chassis (the center is marked with a small hole at each end) to balance on.
*Add weight on either the left or right to get it balancing right.
*Now get out your scales (at least 1kg) and a similar size solid object like a car stand. You will also need two objects to place the chassis on (I use my tools with a flat edge).
*Place the objects on the scales and base and adjust so the tools or what ever you use match the wheel base of your chassis.
*Now zero the scales and place the chassis on both objects making sure the axles are straight over the balance points (tools or whatever). Note the reading.
*Now switch the chassis around and repeat for the other end.
*You now have your front rear ratio so add weight to get it right. You can also move the weight you used for left to right balance forward or aft to help as long as it is the same distance from the center of the chassis.

Generally a balanced chassis is faster than unbalanced and light. The losi seems to like A 52/48% F/R balance.

Also here is a pic of the upper deck I just killed to try out tomorrow. I picked what parts to cut so I could also secure all the wiring neatly. I doubt there would be much in it anyway but the chassis is very flexy now.
From my experiments with flex, I think you have went too far and will have too much flex.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There was a guy running a hacked to hell car at the reedy race last year. His car was garbage on the track and looked like crap off the track. I ran a box stock car and won, so go figure.

This guy was not a bad driver either.

Excessive chassis flex is just a bandaid for a poorly setup car. Especially on tracks with any kind of traction.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
It just drops strait in, you will need to use all 4 screws.
Excellent. Now I don't have to worry about selling my packs to buys ones that will fit in. Now off to A Main hobbies to order some suff.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Black Spur Gear

Does anyone know where / if i can get a black spur gear? The kevlar ones look so... beige?!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Does anyone have a part # for the 1 way outdrives?I can only seem to find the whole assembly.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Does anyone have a part # for the 1 way outdrives?I can only seem to find the whole assembly.
LOSA3357 $7.99 The exploded view on teamlosi.com has every part# and $$$.

Has anyone encountered bent diff bolts or bent plastic diff halves? I found both in one diff, but strangely was able to scrounge straight spares from a spool. I would have guessed the spool components would be all torn up, but no.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

OK tired of looking what is the web page of the layshaft that everyone is buying I think it's called the flying fox or something like that, thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Detroitlion
OK tired of looking what is the web page of the layshaft that everyone is buying I think it's called the flying fox or something like that, thanks in advance.
http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com
Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobydeh
Does anyone know where / if i can get a black spur gear? The kevlar ones look so... beige?!
PRS and RW

you will need a flying fox adapter to run these, i carry them in the states and www.flyingfoxrc.com will handle austrailia and the eastern asia region.

I have the mcmaster thrust bearings in stock, working on the niftek lube i have losi black grease on order. Putting it all up on the website in a nice little package for our diffs.

Working on the diff building video, can't find my dam digital camera.

I'll be sending it to John Wee's blog as well.

US guys/gals the onroad electric regionals will be in september I really have high hopes for the Losi with all these Flying Fox mods at this event. Check the racing forum for details but I'd love to have a strong Losi showing.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
From my experiments with flex, I think you have went too far and will have too much flex.
Interestingly enough there is little difference between what I have there and just removing the 4 posts. For me the test is can the chassis perform with flex? I started with the orignal scythe with plastic bulkheads and worked me way up to the ARP and it was always faster stiff. I am interested to see if that is the cases with this chassis. So far the chassis has lost nothing in lap times.. infact it may have gained a tenth but is definatley faster over a run be around 2-3 seconds with its newfound forgiving nature and consistency. It has however given away performance in one area. The question will be can I get some of that performance back and hold onto all the benifits it has when flexy.

I might get a chance to do more testing this weekend. If I do I'll post how it went.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
There was a guy running a hacked to hell car at the reedy race last year. His car was garbage on the track and looked like crap off the track. I ran a box stock car and won, so go figure.

This guy was not a bad driver either.

Excessive chassis flex is just a bandaid for a poorly setup car. Especially on tracks with any kind of traction.
I like that expression of yours "a bandaid " or I will say "shortcut" to the better performance.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey type-R pilots!

I got a center shaft and a spool from tory at skyrocketracing.com 2 weeks ago and finally finished my review about the items on my blog.

check it out!
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_6864_8.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hopefully i will have mine soon,looking forward to it
Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting review of the spool. The LCD's sticking is a side affect of damage to the outdrives. This is just a normal side effect of a more solid spool with no give. Filing them out should help free them up again. The real thing to watch out for is make sure after any big front end crash that the outdrives are still nice and solid in the spool tube. In modified I have so far damaged 2 outdrives so they rotate a little in the spool tube. This is more my vegetable driving than anything else but 10.5 and mod drivers should check this.

For anyone who runs a spool this is a must have. It is way lighter than the slipper spool setup from losi and much simpler to use and maintain. Generally speaking weight off the drivetrain is worth 3x the same weight of the chassis in terms of performance.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I ran the stock spool in 10.5 and 13.5 for a season at a time with NO damage to my spool, the outdrives or anything else for that matter. You do not need an after market spool that can possibly mess with the handling of your car in these classes.

A sticking spool outdrive can serverly affect the handling of a car, the outdrives were not designed to take a solid hit and will get damaged easily if the spool doesn't give like the stock one.

If you build the stock one right the first time it shouldn't give you any trouble in anything but mod.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.